Lucifer (Netflix)

CagleMtnVol

Lucifer

Coming to FOX in January 25, 2016

STARRING

Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar
Lauren German (Chicago Fire)
Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus: Gods of the Arena)
D.B. Woodside (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Nicholas Gonzalez
Rachael Harris

'Rush' alum Tom Ellis will play the DC Comics character.

Fox has found its Lucifer.

Rush & Once Upon A Time alum Tom Ellis will star in the DC Comics adaptation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The drama centers around Lucifer (Ellis), the Lord of Hell, who, bored and unhappy, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he gets his kicks helping the LAPD punish criminals.

The character of Lucifer was modeled after David Bowie and has appeared in Sandman and its spinoff via DC Comics Vertigo imprint. Lucifer made his debut in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen No. 65 in 1962 before being revived in Neil Gaiman's critically praised Sandman in 1989.

Californication
creator Tom Kapinoswill pen the script for the Warner Bros. Television entry and exec produce via his Aggressive Mediocrity banner. Jerry Bruckheimer and his Jerry Bruckheimer Television topper Jonathan Littman will executive produce, while the company's KristieAnne Reed is set as a co-EP. Len Wiseman will executive produce and direct the pilot after serving in the same capacity on Fox's Sleepy Hollow.

EastEnders alum Ellis, repped by CAA, Hamilton Hodell and Anonymous Content, previously starred on USA Network medical drama Rush and played Victor Frankenstein on ABC's monster drama pilot Gothica two years ago.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw[/youtube]

Last edited:
Another DC Comics "Supernatural" series that looks good with a great cast!

I wonder if it will last longer than Constantine?

Knowing the show was going to be on Fox from the beginning I should have known what was coming but I am still disappointed by the trailer.

This didn't bring to mind Neil Gaiman's Lucifer from Sandman. And Mike Carey's Lucifer sefirs could hardly be described as a "supernatural crime drama".

I don't see myself making time for this.

"Pilot' was awesome so much better than I was even expecting.
I didn't think it would have so many laughs but it was hilarious!

I highly recommend everyone check it out!

I give it about 6 episodes before it's cancelled.

Just a hunch or did you watch?

The X-Files lead in will help for four or five weeks. Did well last night 2.4 in the 18-49 (making it the 2nd highest rated show in that demo ahead of The Bachelor & (7.15 Mil. viewers overall)

Just a hunch or did you watch?

The X-Files lead in will help for four or five weeks. Did well last night 2.4 in the 18-49 (making it the 2nd highest rated show in that demo ahead of The Bachelor & (7.15 Mil. viewers overall)

I watched a little but didn't care for it. It's mostly hunch because to me it's pretty dumb.

One Million Moms are against it so I may have to watch it out of spite.

I had a guy today ask why lucifer has a show but Jesus doesn't lol

To give a serious answer, Lucifer is a much more entertaining character than Jesus from a storytelling stand point. Just reading the Bible you get "God's favorite and smartest angel goes rogue for no reason and gets cast out to be his greatest nemesis." That alone is amazing storytelling, leaving open dozens of interpretations of why he went rogue and why God didn't see it coming (or if he/she did, why he didn't stop it.)

But then you get Paradise Lost, and Milton's interpretation of this flawed anti hero who wasn't evil but misunderstood and confused by why God betrayed his first creations for a weaker and lesser race that didn't even love him unconditionally.

Then you get the Lucifer comics that this is based on, some brilliant storytelling of itself, you get mainstream tv shows like Supernatural to cast the character in a similar "evil to many, but understandable why he is the way he is" personality. But the key to the tv and movie versions of Lucifer are the actors, not just anyone can pull off the morning star. In fact i've seen more failures of it than successes.

To give a serious answer, Lucifer is a much more entertaining character than Jesus from a storytelling stand point. Just reading the Bible you get "God's favorite and smartest angel goes rogue for no reason and gets cast out to be his greatest nemesis." That alone is amazing storytelling, leaving open dozens of interpretations of why he went rogue and why God didn't see it coming (or if he/she did, why he didn't stop it.)

But then you get Paradise Lost, and Milton's interpretation of this flawed anti hero who wasn't evil but misunderstood and confused by why God betrayed his first creations for a weaker and lesser race that didn't even love him unconditionally.

Then you get the Lucifer comics that this is based on, some brilliant storytelling of itself, you get mainstream tv shows like Supernatural to cast the character in a similar "evil to many, but understandable why he is the way he is" personality. But the key to the tv and movie versions of Lucifer are the actors, not just anyone can pull off the morning star. In fact i've seen more failures of it than successes.

Because watching an evil millionaire playboy cruise around LA is more entertaining.

This ended as probably my #1 new show of 2015 and I can't wait for season 2!

Tricia Helfer To Play Lucifer’s Mom On Fox Series

Tricia Helfer To Play Lucifer’s Mom On Fox Series

One of the biggest casting questions for Season 2 of Fox’s comic book drama Lucifer has been answered in a way that would delight genre fans. Battlestar Galactica alumna Tricia Helfer has been cast as the devil’s Mom, teased in the Season 2 finale, and she is a handful.

Helfer will recur on Season 2 as Charlotte in what is expected to the season’s central plotline. Trapped in Hell for thousands of years by God (her ex-husband), the Mother of Angels is now free on Earth. Once reunited with Lucifer, it will become clear that she’s the one he takes after. Mom is fearless and has a strong conviction for who she is and what she deserves. However, mother and son do not share the same opinion when it comes to humanity. Everything that fascinates Lucifer about people repels Mom – a disdain that’s highlighted by that fact that Mom’s trapped in a human body for her stay on Earth. Lucifer’s desperate to find out what Mom’s up to, but she claims that all she wants is to spend time with her sons again. But can the devil’s mom really be that innocent?

“The biggest question (heading into Season 2) is going to be, ‘Who is Mom?’,” Lucifer showrunner Joe Henderson said in an interview with TVLine following the Season 1 finale. “We’re excited to figure out who we’re going to cast because we think it’s going to be a big, cool, meaty role for someone. Season 1 was the story of a wayward son dealing with his father issues; Season 2 is Mom.”

Known for her portrayal of Cylon ‘Number Six’ in Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica, Helfer has a recurring role on Season 2 of Playstation and Sony Pictures TV’s Powers. She also played the lead role in Syfy miniseries Ascension and recently wrapped thriller feature Isolation.

Cast news!

Lucifer executive producers Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson dropped the news today that The Sopranos star Michael Imperioli will play the angel Uriel, the brother of Lucifer (Tom Ellis) and Amenadiel (DB Woodside).

Sources tell Deadline that Imperioli will guest star. Season 2 will revolve around Lucifer’s mother, played by Tricia Helfer

Lucifer returns for the Season 2 Premiere Tonight following the Season 3 premiere of Gotham on Fox!

Pretty good Season premiere. I really like the addition of Aimee Garcia as the new M.E.

I have to wonder why Fox didn't push this debut back a couple weeks? They are now taking a week off for the Presidential debate.

Lucifer got a full Season 2 Pickup!

Fox has given a back-nine order to sophomore drama Lucifer, bringing its episode count to a full-season 22. Lucifer started its second season with a 13-episode pickup as it had debuted in midseason. It is the second midseason 2016 series to get a full-season order this fall, joining NBC comedy Superstore.

“Lucifer continues to deliver, with great blasts of dark humor and ambitious storytelling,” said Fox entertainment president David Madden. “The show has turned out to be a true wicked pleasure, the perfect companion to Gotham, and we couldn’t be more pleased to order these nine additional episodes.”

Based on the characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg for Vertigo, from DC Entertainment, Lucifer tells the story of Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis), the bored and unhappy Lord of Hell who abandoned his throne and retired to Los Angeles, where he has teamed up with LAPD detective Chloe Decker (Lauren German) to take down criminals. Kevin Alejandro, DB Woodside, Tricia Helfer, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Rachael Harris, Aimee Garcia and Scarlett Estevez co-star.

Lucifer is produced by Warner Bros. Television, in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity. Tom Kapinos wrote and executive-produced the pilot and serves as executive consultant on the series, which is executive-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, KristieAnne Reed and showrunners Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson. Len Wiseman serves as director and executive producer.

Not sure how many of you are watching this but....

Lucifer Renewed For Season 3 By Fox

Fox has given an early Season 3 renewal to Lucifer ahead of the DC/Warner Bros. TV drama’s second season return from hiatus on May 1.

The order is for a full-season 22 episodes.

It is the second Fox drama series picked up for next season, joining flagship drama Empire. Lucifer is getting a renewal ahead of the other two WBTV dramas in contention, its Monday companion Gotham and promising freshman Lethal Weapon.

Lucifer, which was a low-key midseason entry last season, exceeded expectations, earning a second-season renewal last May and then a Season 2 back order in October. It is running head-to-head in the ratings with the higher-profile, bigger-budget lead-in Gotham, both averaging a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating in Live+Same Day and and 1.9 in L+7.

Lucifer, based upon the characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg for Vertigo, stars Tom Ellis, Lauren German, Rachael Harris, DB Woodside, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Kevin Alejandro, Aimee Garcia, Tricia Helfer and Scarlett Estevez.

VN Store

Back