DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

CagleMtnVol

Its official the Arrow/Flash spinoff is titled!

DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"

legends-of-tomorrow.jpg

Last edited:
'Flash'/'Arrow' Spinoff, Julie Plec's 'Cordon' and Dead Showtime Comedy Land CW Series Orders

'Flash'/'Arrow' Spinoff, Julie Plec's 'Cordon' and Dead Showtime Comedy Land CW Series Orders

The network also passes on its three remaining pilots with its overall orders down one year-over-year.

The CW joined the series pickup fray Thursday, handing out expected orders to Julie Plec's Cordon adaption and its Arrow/Flash spinoff, now titled DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The younger-skewing network also delivered a curveball, picking up half-hour comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend — now an hourlong series — from its corporate sibling Showtime.

Cordon, based on the Belgian series created by Carl Joos, hails from Plec and gives the prolific showrunner three series on the network (with The Vampire Diaries and spinoff The Originals) for the second time in her career. The series examines what happens when a deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta and a large city quarantine is quickly enforced, leaving those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives. It tells the story of loved ones tragically torn apart, and how the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes.

Plec penned the script and exec produces alongside David Nutter, who directed the pilot. David Gyasi, Christina Moses, Chris Wood, Kristen Gutoskie, Claudia Black, Hanna Mangan Lawrence, George Young and Trevor St. John star in the drama from Plec's Warner Bros. Television-based My So Called Company and Eyeworks. Cordon had been considered the front-runner at the network heading into next week's upfront presentation to Madison Avenue in New York.

For its part, DC's Legends of Tomorrow has been described as a superhero team-up that stars The Flash's Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory/Heatwave) and Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein/one half of Firestorm). Also signed on are Arrow's Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/the Atom and Caity Lotz, whose Arrow character Sara Lance/Canary died earlier this season. Ciara Renee (Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl), Franz Drameh (Jay Jackson) and Arthur Darvill round out the cast.

Here's the formal logline: "When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"

Sources tell THR that the spinoff was ordered sight unseen — and has yet to film a pilot. The CW is expected to unveil a special trailer shot specifically for the upfronts. The drama is executive produced by Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim and hails from Bonanza Productions, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The super spinoff comes as Berlanti and Kreisberg have already received a series order for CBS' DC Comics take Supergirl, which will be showrun by Ali Adler (No Ordinary Family).

With the spinoff order, The CW will have four DC Comics-inspired series on its roster for 2015-16, including recently renewed iZombie. All told, DC will have fare on three of the five broadcast networks, with Gotham also renewed at Fox, which is eyeing a series pickup for the comic book powerhouse's Lucifer take.

For Berlanti, the super-producer now needs a renewal for NBC's bubble drama Mysteries of Laura to have six shows on the broadcast networks next season. NBC has already handed out a series order to drama Blindspot, which joins Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends.

Meanwhile, the big surprise is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which is now an hour long comedy. The project was originally ordered to pilot by Showtime in June 2014, considered dead back in February, and is described as a comedy with "musical elements." It follows co-creator Rachel Bloom (as Rebecca Bloom), a successful New York attorney who abandons her charmed life to start over again in West Covina, Calif. Bloom is joined as executive producer by Aline Brosh McKenna (The Devil Wears Prada) and Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer), who directed the original half-hour pilot. The series is being produced by CBS Television Studios. "This pilot is an exciting change of pace for us," said Showtime Networks president David Nevins at the time. "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is built on the inspired comedy and songwriting of Rachel Bloom — who, we believe, is ready to break out."

The move for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend comes a few years after The CW picked up Ringer from CBS and arrives as the younger-skewing network has made comedy a priority. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on first blush could give The CW a much-needed companion for awards darling Jane the Virgin. With the order, The CW continues to its trend of ordering series from both corporate parents Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. The network developed four total pilots — two from each studio — with both CBSTVS entries Dead People and Cheerleader Death Squad are not moving forward. WBTV's Tales From the Darkside anthology also has been passed over.

Episode counts and scheduling will be announced later.

The pickups — down one from last year — come as The CW has little room on its schedule after renewing nearly all of its original scripted fare: The 100, Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, The Originals, Reign, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Flash, iZombie and Jane the Virgin.

Keep up with all the renewals, cancellations and new series orders with THR's handy Scorecard.

Michael O'Connell and Aaron Couch contributed to this report.

Good stuff from today's CW Upfront Presentation!

The Bad news first off DC's Legends of Tomorrow want be on this fall but will be held till mid-season as enough episodes won't be ready for a September debut.

“Legends Of Tomorrow is part of the Arrow-Flash universe,” the CW president Mark Pedowitz said during an upfront press call Thursday morning. “They will live together as three shows and crisscross as needed.”

Pedowitz also confirmed the superhero identity of Legends cast member Caity Lotz, who played Sara Lance aka Black Canary on Arrow before being killed off earlier this season. She will play White Canary — as hinted by the costume the actress is wearing in the Legends‘ cast photo. Pedowitz described Legends as “a bit of Dirty Dozen and Redemption.” Per the show’s official description, “having seen the future, one will desperately try to prevent from happening,time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?”

Last edited:
DC's Legends of Tomorrow - First Look
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc[/youtube]

Rory finally got control of the TARDIS! Seriously, I had to chuckle when Arthur Darvill says I'm a member of the Time Masters!

Please let there be an outtake where he says I'm a Time Lord!

Rory finally got control of the TARDIS! Seriously, I had to chuckle when Arthur Darvill says I'm a member of the Time Masters!

Or a passing joke about how he used to time travel with a guy in a blue box.

I was extremely surprised to see Sarah Lance alive again. That's twice she's officially died and come back to life now. I wonder if there is a third? I am going to enjoy seeing them explain explain her death and mysterious Lazarus Pit rebirth. Also, what will this mean for Merlyn and Nyssa with regard to their ongoing feud?

Arthur Darvill?? I don't remember him being one of the doctors. Was he a Matt Smith era companion? I didn't watch many of those episodes.

This show looks crappy. The actress that plays Sara Lance is horrible. It's amazing they couldn't find someone better for her role.

I was extremely surprised to see Sarah Lance alive again. That's twice she's officially died and come back to life now. I wonder if there is a third? I am going to enjoy seeing them explain explain her death and mysterious Lazarus Pit rebirth. Also, what will this mean for Merlyn and Nyssa with regard to their ongoing feud?

Arthur Darvill?? I don't remember him being one of the doctors. Was he a Matt Smith era companion? I didn't watch many of those episodes.

What's to explain? She's being plucked out of time. Stop thinking chronologically, ya big doofus.

What this show needs is Apache Chief. A giant Native American makes everything much cooler.

Reactions: 1 person
The Atom came after her death, iirc. Hard not to wonder.

Just means he was plucked out of a different moment in time. You guys are thinking chronologically, like they all had to come from the same moment in time. That's not how it works. Characters are plucked from different points along the timestream.

Just means he was plucked out of a different moment in time. You guys are thinking chronologically, like they all had to come from the same moment in time. That's not how it works. Characters are plucked from different points along the timestream.

It doesn't change the fact that The Flash and Arrow were both standing there talking to her face to face, specifically Oliver Queen(Arrow). "Oh hi Sarah, thought I buried you last year, nice to see you again." AWKWARD!

It doesn't change the fact that The Flash and Arrow were both standing there talking to her face to face, specifically Oliver Queen(Arrow). "Oh hi Sarah, thought I buried you last year, nice to see you again." AWKWARD!

Oliver would most likely be shocked at first, but he'd get over it. Barry has already experienced time travel, so it wouldn't really be that shocking to him. Think about it, he went back in time, saw his mom alive again, and could have stopped her death, but he didn't. I doubt seeing someone displaced from time is going to really blow his mind.

PS- Please stop emailing me shirtless photos. It's creepy.

Some thoughts and theories first off.....
We don't know that will be the first time that Oliver sees Sara.

I read that that scene in question (as it looks now) may not be in the final cut of which ever show it ends up in and will probably be re-shot! (The scene was shot for the "Pilot" to sell the big wigs at the network & advertisers to get the show on the air!)

Reasoning because Oliver is wearing the old Arrow costume. It has already been stated as much that he will be getting a new costume in Season 4. The events that lead up to the start of LOT episode One likely want come to a head until the mid-season finales of Arrow & Flash (Late Nov./Early December) since LOT doesn't start till late January.

Last edited:
Oliver would most likely be shocked at first, but he'd get over it. Barry has already experienced time travel, so it wouldn't really be that shocking to him. Think about it, he went back in time, saw his mom alive again, and could have stopped her death, but he didn't. I doubt seeing someone displaced from time is going to really blow his mind.

PS- Please stop emailing me shirtless photos. It's creepy.

I was referring more to Oliver than Barry but the way you word it makes it seem like Oliver would just be like "meh, hi Sarah". Lol! I think there'd be far more of a reaction to it. How could he not tell Nyssa and the Lance family too?

As for your last comment, I lol'd when I read it.

Some thoughts and theories first off.....
We don't know that will be the first time that Oliver sees Sara.

I read that that scene in question (as it looks now) may not be in the final cut of which ever show it ends up in and will probably be re-shot! (The scene was shot for the "Pilot" to sell the big wigs at the network & advertisers to get the show on the air!)

Reasoning because Oliver is wearing the old Arrow costume. It has already been stated as much that he will be getting a new costume in Season 4. The events that lead up to the start of LOT episode One likely want come to a head until the mid-season finales of Arrow & Flash (Late Nov./Early December) since LOT doesn't start till late January.

Ugh! Why did they show that to the public then if they plan on switching it all up if and when that happens?

Coug, why would Ollie say anything to Nyssa or the Lance family? Again, you're seeing this from a chronological POV. Access your inner comic nerd and realize an out-of-time Sara doesn't mean she's suddenly come back to life. It doesn't even mean it's the same Sara that Ollie and cast know. She could be from an alternate reality. Their Sara is still dead and buried. As I said, Ollie would be shocked at first, but someone would explain the concept of time travel to him and he would know his Sara is still gone. You cannot apply our realworld logic to a TV/Comic book show and expect it to work out. If you do that, then you still need to be hung up on the concept of superpowers to begin with.

Read a comic book sometime. They are a wealth of infinite knowledge. And they'll help you from pining away for me.

Reactions: 2 people
Coug, why would Ollie say anything to Nyssa or the Lance family? Again, you're seeing this from a chronological POV. Access your inner comic nerd and realize an out-of-time Sara doesn't mean she's suddenly come back to life. It doesn't even mean it's the same Sara that Ollie and cast know. She could be from an alternate reality. Their Sara is still dead and buried. As I said, Ollie would be shocked at first, but someone would explain the concept of time travel to him and he would know his Sara is still gone. You cannot apply our realworld logic to a TV/Comic book show and expect it to work out. If you do that, then you still need to be hung up on the concept of superpowers to begin with.

Read a comic book sometime. They are a wealth of infinite knowledge. And they'll help you from pining away for me.

I understand what you're saying just as I did the first 3 prior times you said it. I simply disagree with idea within this tv context. I intend on waiting until the show is aired to see if they even touch on the subject before I'm forced to digest it.

Did you just tell me that comic books contain a wealth of infinite knowledge?

Neal McDonugh will guest on Legends!

'Arrow’ Big Bad To Appear on ‘The Flash’ And ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’
By Heroic Staff
October 12, 2015

Last week, the CW’s big superhero hits Arrow and The Flash kicked off their new respective seasons with big setups as Barry Allen will face the new evil known as Zoom while Oliver Queen has to deal with the mysterious Damien Darhk.

However, it appears that the emerald archer’s new enemy will be crossing path with the rest of the DC/CW Universe. Comicbook.com broke the news today that Neal McDonugh, who is currently playing the new baddie on Arrow, will be showing up on The Flash as well as the upcoming DC’s Legends of Tomorrow series. In an interview with the actor, he revealed that he has already filmed something on the new spin-off series and his experience on The Flash.

“You go back to the League — I did an episode of Legends last week — and I look exactly the same in 1975 but you see he’s not as confident and doesn’t have such an agenda forty years ago as he does now. So it’s fun to play the different times, you know? Going back in time with Legends, and The Flash, with The Flash, I’m just this crazy, fun, enjoy everything while I kill everybody type of character. It’s just nuts. I’m enjoying the power that I have because it’s my time. It’s not Savage’s time, it’s not Ra’s al Ghul’s time; it’s Damien Darhk’s time.”

The Flash and Arrow airs on Tuesday and Wednesday nights respectively, both at 8/7c on The CW. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will premiere in mid-season of 2016.

Seen the latest Arrow episode?

Doesn't look like time travel is going to be their explanation now. :p

VN Store

Back