Daredevil - Netflix

BenGrimm

Formally known as burntorangeVOLffle
We are only a few days out from this show dropping on Netflix.

Here are the latest trailers. These got me pretty pumped.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2JWIN1zMQ[/youtube]

I've heard nothing but good from those that have already gotten a look. One reviewer said the 1st 3 episodes could have been a stand alone movie. FWIW.

Tomorrow is the day. Netflix finally released a glimpse of the classic red costume...

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 4
On Netflix that's the same as an R. Their show Orange Is The New Black is TV-MA.

Being a Marvel property I doubt it goes too far into R category. I expect a lot of violence and some strong language.

Being a Marvel property I doubt it goes too far into R category. I expect a lot of violence and some strong language.

I think it depends on the character. Daredevil is not quite as dark The Punisher but definitely more than the Avengers.

I think it depends on the character. Daredevil is not quite as dark The Punisher but definitely more than the Avengers.

It would be awesome if Punisher makes an appearance in this series. He and DD have an interesting history dating back to the Frank Miller run which this show is closely based on.

Can't wait till the kids are in bed tonight to start watching this.

Unfortunately my schedule will probably prevent me from watching more than two episodes a day. Those of you able to truly binge watch please keep this thread spoiler free.

Reactions: 1 person
5 episodes and the show is still boring. The fight scenes are underwhelming. I'd give it a C+ so far.

The fight scene at the end of episode 2 was amazing. This show is better than Arrow or Flash.

The fight scene at the end of episode 2 was amazing. This show is better than Arrow or Flash.

I think the first season of Arrow destroys this so far. This almost has the feel of a Broadway play. There's way too much emphasis on dialogue to the point where scenes last too long. The acting is pretty good though.

2 episodes in. I think it's very good. Don't get the boring complaints. I really like how the first two episodes can each stand alone as a single tale but lay ground work for the larger story. That's very comic book style.

Daredevil has always been a very street level superhero. The fight scenes actually seem more realistic than traditional fight scenes. I like how guys get shaken up for a second then get back up for another round.

Ive been reading Daredevil monthly for about 20 years without missing an issue. In fact, it's one of only 3 monthly books I still buy and the only one I've gotten consistently in that time frame. Then of course I've gone back and read the Frank Miller run from the 80's and bits and pieces from the 60s & 70s when he was a more happy go lucky character. So far this show is very much in line with the comic.

It's also cool how they casually mention the aftermath of the battle in NY from Avenger.... (side note: it would be awesome if they would do Hulk issue from Miller's run).

I love The Flash show but it has a completely different tone. It's much closer to the bombastic superhero style like the Avengers movies.

I haven't watched any of Arrow other than the Flash crossover. From what I've heard I think it would be a fair comparison to DD in tone.

I do think overall acting and production quality is better.

VN Store

Back