Preacher on AMC (2016)

BenGrimm

Formally known as burntorangeVOLffle
Pretty sure this is still in the pilot stage but I'm sure it will get picked up for at least one season. There is already a loyal built in audience so AMC will most likely roll the dice.

Based on the DC/Vertigo comicbook series by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the showrunner is veteran Breaking Bad producer Sam CVerti with executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg promising to stick to the original comic book story as much as possible. What’s the story? Very simply, it follows a preacher named Jesse Custer, who hooks up with his old flame Tulip and a party-animal Irish vampire named Cassidy in an attempt to track down God, who has abandoned Heaven in the wake of the formation of the Genesis entity, an all-powerful offspring of an angel and a demon.

Casting has begun with the lead female role of Tulip O'Hara being cast yesterday and a supporting character that I never thought I would see on television or a movie being announced today.

AMC's Preacher Finds Its Arseface! - ComingSoon.net

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure this is still in the pilot stage but I'm sure it will get picked up for at least one season. There is already a loyal built in audience so AMC will most likely roll the dice.

Based on the DC/Vertigo comicbook series by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the showrunner is veteran Breaking Bad producer Sam CVerti with executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg promising to stick to the original comic book story as much as possible. What’s the story? Very simply, it follows a preacher named Jesse Custer, who hooks up with his old flame Tulip and a party-animal Irish vampire named Cassidy in an attempt to track down God, who has abandoned Heaven in the wake of the formation of the Genesis entity, an all-powerful offspring of an angel and a demon.

Castillo g has begun with the lead female role of Tulip O'Hara being cast yesterday and a supporting character that I never thought I would never see on television or a movie being announced today.

AMC's Preacher Finds Its Arseface! - ComingSoon.net

Sounds interesting if picked up I'll definitely give it a shot

Does AMC have a true supernatural show (walking dead excluded)
Something more like supernatural, Constantine.
Or would this be a first?

Reactions: 1 person
Ruth Negga was cast yesterday as Tulip O'Hara! She plays Raina on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

EXCLUSIVE: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Ruth Negga has been cast as the female lead in Preacher, AMC’s drama pilot based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s cult 1990s comic. The project, from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, is about Jesse Custer, a conflicted Preacher in a small Texas town who merges with a creature that has escaped from heaven and develops the ability to make anyone do anything he says. Along with his ex-girlfriend, Tulip (Negga) — Jesse’s former and only true love — and an Irish vampire named Cassidy, the three embark on a journey to literally find God. Tulip is described as a volatile, action-packed, sexified force of nature, a capable, unrepentant criminal with a love of fashion and ability to construct helicopter-downing bazookas out of coffee cans and corn shine who’s not afraid to steal, kill or corn cob-stab her way out of a bad situation.

‘Preacher’ Casts Its Cassidy: Joseph Gilgun To Play The Irish Vampire | Deadline

1519137-preacher03.jpg

Gilgun_This_Is_England.jpg

Jackie Earle Haley has been cast to play Odin Quincannon

Quincannon, meanwhile, is described as a small, decrepit man with the unscrupulous iron will necessary to be the most powerful man in Annville County, Texas. The chief employer in town, Odin runs Quincannon Meat & Power, a 125-year-old family run cattle slaughterhouse business.

Preacher: It Came Here Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qUEpO_z0w[/youtube]

I haven't heard about any casting for Herr Starr. He should be making an appearance in season 1.

It was announced today that there will be a Talking Preacher after-show for both the Season Premier as well as the Season Finale hosted by Chris Hardwick.

Premiers tonight!

Sadly I probably won't get to watch it for a few days.

Tried to watch on AMC.com's live stream. It would never load.

Oh well. Tomorrow it is.

I enjoyed it greatly. Very happy with most of the characters so far, especially Cassidy. But I have experience with Gilgun from Misfits so I knew he could be demented and funny easily.

I don’t know how I feel about the pilot. The characters are there but they have altered the story structure heavily from the source.

I like the reveal of Cassidy's nature in the comics much better than how it was handled in show. Tulip doesn't seem remotely the same.

VN Store

Back