CagleMtnVol

American Horror Story: Hotel

Starring:

Matt Bomer
Lady Gaga
Cheyenne Jackson

Lady Gaga To Star In ‘American Horror Story’

Lady Gaga To Star In ‘American Horror Story’

Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s FX anthology series American Horror Story is making a splash with its first casting announcement for the upcoming fifth installment. Joining the show is Lady Gaga, coming off a Sound Of Music performance at the Oscars that became the telecast’s top social moment. As usual, details of the pop star’s character are being kept under wraps. Details about the premise of the new installment beyond the title, AHS Hotel, also are TBA.

aga — he wrote and directed the memorable Lady Gaga tribute episode “Theatricality” from the first season of his Fox series Glee. The musical dramedy also did a Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga episode in Season 5.

This marks the first major acting gig for Lady Gaga who had a cameo in Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. It is not the first time Murphy has recruited a music star for an acting foray on AHS — Season 2 featured Maroon 5 frontman and The Voice judge Adam Levine in a recurring role.

Last edited:
Matt Bomer To Star In ‘American Horror Story’ Season 5

Matt Bomer To Star In ‘American Horror Story’ Season 5

Matt Bomer (White Collar) will star opposite Lady Gaga in American Horror Story: Hotel, the upcoming fifth installment of FX’s horror anthology series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The announcement was just made at the end of AHS‘ PaleyFest panel, in which Jessica Lange, star of the the first four installments, officially confirmed that she is leaving the franchise and Cheyenne Jackson too was unveiled as a new cast member.

Bomer will play a lead in AHS: Hotel, with details about his character kept under wraps. Asked about his character’s relation to Lady Gaga’s character, he said, “I can’t confirm or deny that there might be a love interest.”

This marks Bomer’s return to the AHS franchise after a guest starring stint in the most recent Freak Show installment. Bomer has a long history with Murphy – the actor won a Golden Globe and a Critics Choice TV Award for his role in Murphy’s HBO movie The Normal Heart. He also guest starred on Murphy’s Fox series Glee (also co-created by Falchuk) and NBC comedy The New Normal.

Jessica Lange Says “I’m Done” With ‘American Horror Story’ – PaleyFest

Jessica Lange Says “I’m Done” With ‘American Horror Story’ – PaleyFest

Jessica Lange announced to screaming fans at the American Horror Story PaleyFest panel tonight, “Yes, I’m done.” She will not be joining Lady Gaga in American Horror Story: Hotel, the fifth season of the Emmy-winning FX series next October.

“We’ve had a great run here. I mean, I absolutely love doing these four characters, and in all the madness, I love the writers and Ryan (Murphy) and the insanity of shooting it,” Lange told a full, top to bottom, Dolby Theatre.

During her four seasons on AHS, Lange played a washed-up Southern belle in season one, an acerbic nun in American Horror Story: Asylum, a dominant witch in American Horror Story: Coven and a German carnival ringmaster in last season’s American Horror Story: Freak Show. During her tenure on AHS, Lange won two Emmys, a Golden Globe and a SAG award for her alter egos.

The first season was absolutely amazing. I began watching seasons 2, 3, and 4 but never actually finished any of them. With each new season I've made progressively less of the way through. I only watched about four, maybe five, episodes of this last season before checking out. It's really a shame because seasons two and four had awesome settings (asylum and carnival), they were just executed poorly. I doubt I'll even bother with this season, but who knows.

I like this news!!
Kathy Bates Joins 'American Horror Story: Hotel'

Kathy Bates Joins 'American Horror Story: Hotel'

via press release:

KATHY BATES JOINS American Horror Story: HOTEL

Academy Award® and Emmy Award® Winner Returns to the Horror Anthology Series After Starring in AHS: Freak Show and AHS: Coven

Bates Joins Previously Announced Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson, Wes Bentley and Chloë Sevigny

Production of the 13-Episode Installment Hotel will Begin in Late Summer and air on FX in October

LOS ANGELES, April 8, 2015 – Academy Award® and Emmy Award® winner Kathy Bates has joined the cast of American Horror Story: Hotel, the highly anticipated fifth installment of Ryan Murphy’s hit horror anthology series. AHS: Hotel will represent Bates’ third appearance in the series, having previously starred in the recently completed AHS: Freak Show and AHS: Coven, for which she won an Emmy Award.

Bates joins previously announced stars Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson, Wes Bentley and Chloë Sevigny.

Bates starred as “Ethel Darling” in AHS: Freak Show, the fourth installment of the series. In the third installment, AHS: Coven, she starred as “Madame Delphine LaLaurie,” for which she won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie. She also won an Emmy Award in 2012 for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for Two and a Half Men, and an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 1991 for Misery. Bates is currently in production on Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone’s comedy “Michelle Darnell.”

Production of the 13-episode Hotel will begin in Los Angeles in late summer, and will air on FX in October. The American Horror Story franchise is produced by Twentieth Century Fox Television.

liked the first season... didn't get into the second.... completely missed the third... and the fourth was terrible.

Is there any hope for this show moving forward?

liked the first season... didn't get into the second.... completely missed the third... and the fourth was terrible.

Is there any hope for this show moving forward?

This has to be the last season. I loved the first season but the shows been getting progressively worse. They have to running out of ideas at this point.

Asylum was best imo.

Coven and also first season were solid.

Freak show started strong and then became progressively worse.

Well I guess the good thing is, it can't be any worse than last year...hopefully

Anybody see the premier last night? Some cringe moments with the weird faceless thing sodomizing the heroine addict with a metal unicorn horn. But pretty good otherwise.

This is me, watching that scene:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Asylum was best imo.

Coven and also first season were solid.

Freak show started strong and then became progressively worse.

I haven't finished freak show yet,it was going strong and then it started to suck :)

coven was the best one so far

it is sad that Jessica Lange will be gone,she was excellent in the series

I don't remember reading anything about it before the season started, but Evan Peters' character seems to be loosely based on HH Holmes to me.

Anybody see the premier last night? Some cringe moments with the weird faceless thing sodomizing the heroine addict with a metal unicorn horn. But pretty good otherwise.

Just watched the first episode. Wasn't that Ben Affleck?

VN Store

Back