Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1

Coug

Avengers-Infinity-War-Logo-Official.jpg

Avengers: Infinity War - Part I (2018) - IMDb

Rumor: Spider-Man To Appear In Avengers Infinity War Part 1
Rumor: Spider-Man to Appear in Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 - IGN

Last edited:
Hmmmmm...

SPIDEY's Sony Future Up In The Air? ANGELINA JOLIE at MARVEL? DEADPOOL Casting Female Lead? | Newsarama.com
The departure of Sony's co-chairman and head of its motion picture division Amy Pascal has left the future of several of her ongoing film franchises up in the air. Most importantly for comic fans, this also includes the embattled Spider-Man franchise. According to Variety, Pascal's successor has yet to be chosen, and that decision could be the key factor in how the Spider-Man franchise moves forward. As Variety states, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was only a modest success, falling far short of the billion dollar mark Pascal predicted.

The last official word on the future of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise saw the announcement of a Sinister Six film to be released in 2016, pushing Amazing Spider-Man 3 back to a 2018 release. Of course, the recent Sony e-mail leak - a leak which possibly led to Pascal's resignation - revealed that Sony has also been in talks with Marvel Studios to license Spider-Man back to Marvel, possibly for Captain America: Civil War, or Avengers: Infinity War. Could Pascal's departure signal a shift in the dynamics of that negotiation?

It will likely be up to whomever takes on Pascal's role to decide -- and could be a key component of a pitch for everyone vying for that treasured role in the film business.

Silly that pieces of Marvel were sold off to begin with.

The company was in bankruptcy in the late 90's. Licensing the movie rights off was instrumental in recovering. They couldn't afford to self produce in the early 2000's.

It’s Official: SPIDER-MAN is Coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe « Nerdist

According to The Nerdist, it's happening. Garfield is out as Spider-man, and SM will appear in a Marvel Universe. I'm guessing this means he still has time to make an appearance in Captain America 3.

If I read it right, he'll be in the MCU but Sony still maintains creative control and will make his stand alone movies. If this works well there may be hope to pull the X-Men back in from 20th Century Fox eventually and everyone is happy.

It’s Official: SPIDER-MAN is Coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe « Nerdist

According to The Nerdist, it's happening. Garfield is out as Spider-man, and SM will appear in a Marvel Universe. I'm guessing this means he still has time to make an appearance in Captain America 3.

If I read it right, he'll be in the MCU but Sony still maintains creative control and will make his stand alone movies. If this works well there may be hope to pull the X-Men back in from 20th Century Fox eventually and everyone is happy.

This is great news but it makes me nervous they mentioned Myles Morales in that article.

I think there is some irony here that Marvel had to license the rights to get back from bankruptcy and now Sony is in financial woes and has to partially sell the rights back and give over some creative control.

This is great news but it makes me nervous they mentioned Myles Morales in that article.

I think there is some irony here that Marvel had to license the rights to get back from bankruptcy and now Sony is in financial woes and has to partially sell the rights back and give over some creative control.

That was just The Nerdist throwing it in. I doubt very seriously they go that route.

I was kind of hoping they'd put him in the post credit scene(s) of Avengers 2. Which since that added one after the premiere for the first one, I'm guessing they still have time.

Even if it was just a CGI cameo swinging by in the background would be cool.

Buzz that they may go with the Ultimate Spider-Man, who is not Peter Parker. I really hope that doesn't happen. I understand wanting to add ethnicity to the films, but Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man to me. Making him someone else would be akin to casting a white actor to portray the Black Panther.

Buzz that they may go with the Ultimate Spider-Man, who is not Peter Parker. I really hope that doesn't happen. I understand wanting to add ethnicity to the films, but Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man to me. Making him someone else would be akin to casting a white actor to portray the Black Panther.

Racist imo.

:p

Wasn't Peter Parker in the Civil War arc in the comic? I would guess that would mean it's going to Parker. Also as mainstream as SM is, hardly anyone mainstream knows the MM arc.

The Nerdist is reporting it's probably going to be Parker but apparently he'll be back in high school yet again. I wish they'd make him a bit older.

Found this interesting on the upcoming Netflix series including Daredevil:

A large scale budget and an intrinsically more mature medium are two major factors that are allowing Marvel Studios and Netflix to portray the superhero genre in a way that has never been seen before. On top of this, the upcoming Netflix Original Series are going to be attached to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This means that anything that happens in Daredevil can have consequences that can be seen in any future Marvel Phase III movies, and vice versa.

This crossover between television and cinema is further proof of Marvel’s complex and fully invested plans for its superhero universe and is a testament to the quality audiences can expect for the upcoming releases and adaptations. Plus, the interplay between television and cinema means that audiences may very well see Daredevil and the rest of The Defenders take part in the all-or-nothing Infinity War when that hits the big screen in May of 2018 and 2019. While there is a chance for Daredevil lead Charlie Cox to see the big screen as The Man Without Fear, the same can’t be said for Arrow and The Flash stars Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin. In fact, another actor, Ezra Miller, has already been cast to appear as The Flash in an upcoming DC film centered around the character.

‘Daredevil’ May Trump TV Heroes Like ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Flash’

Wasn't Peter Parker in the Civil War arc in the comic? I would guess that would mean it's going to Parker. Also as mainstream as SM is, hardly anyone mainstream knows the MM arc.

The Nerdist is reporting it's probably going to be Parker but apparently he'll be back in high school yet again. I wish they'd make him a bit older.

Peter Parker was interning with Tony Stark at the time. Tony made an Iron Spider outfit for him and in move of solidarity with Tony, Peter unmasked himself in Civil War.

That lasted for about a year before they used some magic hocus-pocus to make the world forget.

I really like how Marvel is making sure their shows are tying into one another, even though I'm not a huge fan of Agents of SHEILD.

I'm guessing some may have been out of their control, but it's not cool how hardly any of DC's universe ties together.

I really like how Marvel is making sure their shows are tying into one another, even though I'm not a huge fan of Agents of SHEILD.

I'm guessing some may have been out of their control, but it's not cool how hardly any of DC's universe ties together.

I think DC missed a golden opportunity. But they could always cross them over and call it the multiverse.

IMO, the key to adding diversity to the MU is new characters. I hate when they take already established heroes and change their race or sex. The problem is writers have become lazy and don't create strong backstories anymore, and, in the past, Marvel hasn't done enough to promote newer characters. They would cancel newer titles at the first sign of a dip in sales and then let the characters float off into limbo, forgotten. I haven't read comics in several years, so maybe they've changed, but publicity has suggested they haven't.

Lot of talk about Myles Morales in this article. Apparently it's a real consideration.

Report: Frontrunners for Marvel-era SPIDER-MAN & Is Sony Considering Miles? | Newsarama.com

If they decide to go that route I would rather they not include him at all. I didn't go see ASM2 and I won't bother with the next solo film if that's what happens.

It would be silly to do that since the mainstream audience has no idea who MM is. That would be like making a Batman movie where Dick Grayson dons the suit.

The reports I've seen say they are going with Parker.

Reactions: 1 person
Peter Parker was interning with Tony Stark at the time. Tony made an Iron Spider outfit for him and in move of solidarity with Tony, Peter unmasked himself in Civil War.

That lasted for about a year before they used some magic hocus-pocus to make the world forget.

Then when he realized how questionably Tony Stark and his side were acting, he switched over to the other side with Captain America.

Then his aunt got shot because everyone knew who he was.

A buddy sent me a link to the footage shown at D23 and SDCC. It was taken down less than 10minutes later or I would link. It was sideways and not super clear but I'll say this... Thanos will be the Marvel villain we've all been waiting on. I got a feeling this will have a ESB type ending where the good guys merely live to fight another day.

VN Store

Back