Bill Murray as Baloo
Christopher Walken as King Louie
Idris Elba as Shere Khan
Ben Kingsley as Bagheera
Lupita Nyong'o as Rakcha
Giancarlo Esposito as Akela
Emjay Anthony as Gray
Neel Sethi as Mowgli

Although it's got some great actors I don't feel like it should be remade as it's a true classic that shouldn't be messed with.

What say you?

Can't wait, as a disney stock holder I find disney is always reinventing and having success while doing it. I'm a fan of a lot of their movies and as one if my favorite films from my childhood I have no doubt this one will re light that spark.

So they're redoing The Jungle Book...

The Jungle Book (2015) - IMDb

Animated
Production Co: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Jon Favreau
Writers: Rudyard Kipling, Justin Marks

(Voice Only)
Scarjo as Kaa
Bill Murray as Baloo
Idris Elba as Shere Khan
Ben Kingsley as Bagheera
Lupita Nyong'o as Rakcha
Emjay Anthony as Gray
Neel Sethi as Mowgli

Although it's got some great actors I don't feel like it should be remade as it's a true classic that shouldn't be messed with.

What say you?

I say they must be completely out of original ideas. Plus the original is a classic. It doesn't need a re make.

I saw something about this a while back. They are doing it, but toning the whole thing way down. The original was too "racist" they are supposed to be changing the whole tone of some characters and remaking most of the music and crap.

Imdb doesn't list the kids playing Mowgli as voice only. My guess is this is one of those live action remakes ala Sleepy Beauty/Maleficent. Clearly all the voice actors are for cgi animal characters.

I saw something about this a while back. They are doing it, but toning the whole thing way down. The original was too "racist" they are supposed to be changing the whole tone of some characters and remaking most of the music and crap.

How was it racist? Granted it's been a long time since I've watched the original.

If there is music that's one of my bigger issues. Those songs they created and how they were performed were fantastic!

How was it racist? Granted it's been a long time since I've watched the original.

If there is music that's one of my bigger issues. Those songs they created and how they were performed were fantastic!

I've heard rumblings by the easily offended that Kids ng Louie is getting a racist rap laid on him.

What's next? The crows in Dumbo?

Yeah that's what I'd heard about was louie, and that song "wanna be like man" or something like that. Said it was about blacks wanting to be like "white man"

Yeah that's what I'd heard about was louie, and that song "wanna be like man" or something like that. Said it was about blacks wanting to be like "white man"

Yeah whoever came up with that theory was reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into it.

As a child, you know the target audience, I always took it to mean the monkey wanted to be a human. Nothing sinister about it.

Not to mention Mowgli is a little Indian boy anyway. He's not even white.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bp/can...the-story-s-racist-perceptions-211742065.html

Interesting that Disney didn't seem to know about this supposed racist baggage of Louie dating back to the films debut in 1967 when they included the character in the late 80s TV cartoon Tale Spin.

This is the first I've heard about The Jungle Book possibly having some kind of racial undertone. Looking into the accusation I've concluded that that's dumb and a reach at best. The character is presented as an ape, so if you as an individual relate yourself to an ape then you've got more serious problems than also being a racist yourself.

I love the original w/all the character voices of the 60s. I could listen to Khan's voice all day long.

You mean you can't listen to Kaa/Winnie The Pooh's voice all day too?

Last edited:
"Kaa" the snake was voiced by Sterling Holloway, who yes, also did Pooh's voice. I find Sterling's voice sounds kinda whimpy at times but I also like his as well. Sometimes you can catch Sterling in some old black & white films like the "Andy Griffith Show". Shere Khan the tiger's voice was done by George Sanders & he can be seen in some old black & white movies.The "Jungle Book" movie w/George Sanders's voice of Khan sounds deep & rich & somewhat British to me which I find very cool to listen to. "Baloo" the bear character, which was done by Phil Harris, should never be messed with & should be set in stone. And just a side note about the voice of "Bagheera" the panther which was done by Sebastian Cabot.

Last edited:
"Kaa" the snake was voiced by Sterling Holloway, who yes, also did Pooh's voice. I find Sterling's voice sounds kinda whimpy at times but I also like his as well. Sometimes you can catch Sterling in some old black & white films like the "Andy Griffith Show". Shere Khan the tiger's voice was done by George Sanders & he can be seen in some old black & white movies.The "Jungle Book" movie w/George Sanders's voice of Khan sounds deep & rich & somewhat British to me which I find very cool to listen to. "Baloo" the bear character, which was done by Phil Harris, should never be messed with & should be set in stone. And just a side note about the voice of "Bagheera" the panther which was done by Sebastian Cabot.

Yes, Sanders has a great tone and his speech is so proper and well mannered. Almost hard to buy him as the villain in the movie really.

The Jungle Book Official US Teaser Trailer

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgJRQWxKnw[/youtube]

Looks good. I had a feeling the narrator was the snake.

I wish they would have shown some of the of voice actors.

So they're redoing The Jungle Book...

The Jungle Book (2015) - IMDb

Animated
Production Co: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Jon Favreau
Writers: Rudyard Kipling, Justin Marks

(Voice Only)
Scarjo as Kaa
Bill Murray as Baloo
Idris Elba as Shere Khan
Ben Kingsley as Bagheera
Lupita Nyong'o as Rakcha
Emjay Anthony as Gray
Neel Sethi as Mowgli

What say you?

Might be decent. I remember watching the original at the Tennessee when it was first released. One of my all time favorites.

The Jungle Book | official Super Bowl trailer (2016)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIZMusW1hl8[/youtube]

I have to admit, this newest trailer looks promising. It's the same story told in a different way, but I could see how the graphics could prove to be scarier to smaller kids than the original cartoon version.

VN Store

Back