Black Mirror (British Show Available on Netflix)

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Anybody else watch this? It's an anthology series. Every episode is a self-contained, Twilight Zonish story with a sci-fi bend to it.

It's totally messed up. Just finished the first season (only about 3 hours total).

Anybody else watch this? It's an anthology series. Every episode is a self-contained, Twilight Zonish story with a sci-fi bend to it.

It's totally messed up. Just finished the first season (only about 3 hours total).

The lady and I watched three episodes last night. It's funny because it held my attention for the whole time but damn was it depressing. After the second episode I was ready to turn it off but decided to give it one more chance. And after that one I just looked at her and she said, "Yeah, I'm going to complain to Jessie now." (Her friend that recommended it.) It just seems like every episode ends with you feeling down about something. Like it was spotlighting the darker/sadder parts of life lol.

If you're looking for a change of pace kind of show, its worth giving it a shot. Like I said, it was interesting and held my attention for the duration. Just be prepared for something that is really different that is almost certainly going to make you feel uneasy at some point

The lady and I watched three episodes last night. It's funny because it held my attention for the whole time but damn was it depressing. After the second episode I was ready to turn it off but decided to give it one more chance. And after that one I just looked at her and she said, "Yeah, I'm going to complain to Jessie now." (Her friend that recommended it.) It just seems like every episode ends with you feeling down about something. Like it was spotlighting the darker/sadder parts of life lol.

If you're looking for a change of pace kind of show, its worth giving it a shot. Like I said, it was interesting and held my attention for the duration. Just be prepared for something that is really different that is almost certainly going to make you feel uneasy at some point

Sounds like you're describing UT football under Dooley.

Reactions: 2 people
I watched season one after hearing about this show for the last year (I was going to buy it on bluray, but they never released it for North America). Overall it is an A to me, and I loved every episode in season one. It definitely lived up to all the hype I heard.

Favorite episode in season one? While I think the second episode is the best quality wise, National Anthem might be my favorite. Just wow!

And after that one I just looked at her and she said, "Yeah, I'm going to complain to Jessie now." (Her friend that recommended it.) It just seems like every episode ends with you feeling down about something. Like it was spotlighting the darker/sadder parts of life lol.

I am sorry, but Jessie sounds awesome in my book with her recommendation. I always heard it was like a modern Twilight Zone (which seemed to always have a dark ending) with a focus on technology. So I guess I was prepared for the darker side (that said nothing prepared me for what the guy wants in National Anthem)

Last edited:
I watched season one after hearing about this show for the last year (I was going to buy it on bluray, but they never released it for North America). Overall it is an A to me, and I loved every episode in season one. It definitely lived up to all the hype I heard.

Favorite episode in season one? While I think the second episode is the best quality wise, National Anthem might be my favorite. Just wow!

I am sorry, but Jessie sounds awesome in my book with her recommendation. I always heard it was like a modern Twilight Zone (which seemed to always have a dark ending) with a focus on technology. So I guess I was prepared for the darker side (that said nothing prepared me for what the guy wants in National Anthem)

Honestly, I think I would have received it differently if I had been prepared for how dark it was. And it's not even like I didn't like it. I did in a strange kind of way. It definitely makes you think. And even with how out there everything is, it is still very relatable to the world we live in.

First episode, I found myself thinking about the Ferguson riots when people were watching everything begin to unfold and enjoying it at first. Pretty accurate to how news media is now.

Second, this one probably affected me the most. Everyone is always spinning their wheels and not getting anywhere or achieving any real gain. And to me it was really hard to tell whether the few to escape the endless cycle were any better off than the rest.

Third, well I'll just say that social media has probably already caused very similar events to play out in relationships. And isn't that just about exactly the same thing as Google glass?

I guess if it made me think about all this and I cared enough to type all this out, then I liked it more than I thought I did. LOL

I tried to be vague and not ruin the stories for anyone interested. But I think everyone that has seen it knows what I am talking about.

Some people just don't like dark, and most people that do like dark have to be in the mood for it.

Second, this one probably affected me the most. Everyone is always spinning their wheels and not getting anywhere or achieving any real gain. And to me it was really hard to tell whether the few to escape the endless cycle were any better off than the rest.

When I came to the work this Monday (we watched that episode Sunday) I text my wife that it was time to get back on the bike so we can buy more worthless stuff. While that episode took place in the future you could really see how it parallels us now. I agree in the end who is really better, and that might be the most depressing part.

If nano technology ever truly allows for whats in the 3rd episode to happen, we will drive ourselves crazy by over analyzing everything.

When I came to the work this Monday (we watched that episode Sunday) I text my wife that it was time to get back on the bike so we can buy more worthless stuff. While that episode took place in the future you could really see how it parallels us now. I agree in the end who is really better, and that might be the most depressing part.

If nano technology ever truly allows for whats in the 3rd episode to happen, we will drive ourselves crazy by over analyzing everything.

Exactly how I felt about it. Y'all just about have me wanting to start on season two. I think I will wait for a time where I'm feeling a little too happy and need to be brought back to the ground haha. That or watch it when I'm already feeling down!

I just watched the White Christmas episode with Jon Hamm (I think DirectTV only), and boy was it dark.

Yeah I've seen them all..the first one( the PM and the pig) was the most disturbing one..I liked the bike/reality show one and the one about the animated comedian that was running for office the best.

My favorite is the memory replaying episode. Just because that's a future I can totally envision and am not excited for.

Anybody watch season 3 yet? I thought it was pretty good. Shut Up and Dance was bananas.

If you have been thinking about watching this show, watch the episodes in this order. You can thank me later.

Black-Mirror-Episode-Guide.jpg

VN Store

Back