Peanuts (3D)

Brave Volunteer

I'm intrigued!

snoopy_and_charlie_brown_the_peanuts_movie_xxlg.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XmV3zGifOE[/youtube]

That looks awesome. Not overdone and maintains a lot of character from the comic strip and classic cartoons.

Maybe its just the trailer but it looks like it may focus more on Snoopy than Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang.

Maybe its just the trailer but it looks like it may focus more on Snoopy than Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang.

It's just the teaser. The movie will feature all of the classic characters.

One thing I DON'T want to see with this film is the attempt to modernize it. I don't want to see Sally texting Linus or Lucy updating her freaking Facebook page. I don't want to see Peppermint Patty taking a "selfie" or commenting on how much she loves Taylor Swift! If there is any of that crap in this movie I will be pissed.

Also if I see a Jay Z or a Pharell Williams soundtrack anywhere near this movie I'm taking hostages! They need to keep the classic, jazz-oriented sound track that The Peanut features have always had.

peanuts_photo_4.jpg

peanuts_photo_3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad the CGI looks more like the traditional hand drawn art.

I was flipping channels the other day and came across a modern CGI Garfield cartoon and it looked horrible!

One thing I DON'T want to see with this film is the attempt to modernize it. I don't want to see Sally texting Linus or Lucy updating her freaking Facebook page. I don't want to see Peppermint Patty taking a "selfie" or commenting on how much she loves Taylor Swift! If there is any of that crap in this movie I will be pissed.

Also if I see a Jay Z or a Pharell Williams soundtrack anywhere near this movie I'm taking hostages! They need to keep the classic, jazz-oriented sound track that The Peanut features have always had.

peanuts_photo_4.jpg

peanuts_photo_3.jpg

Hopefully they just pull from the best strips and weave them into a bigger story. I have mixed feelings about new material from scratch when it come to the Peanuts. The strip ran daily for over 40 years. Surely there is enough material there without having to add too much new stuff.

The Peanuts Movie | Official Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVR4E6Q6u5g[/youtube]

peanuts_photo_4.jpg

peanuts_photo_3.jpg

Agree with every bit of this. You have to be very careful when dealing with a classic such as this. It has the potential to be very good, but also the potential to be a disaster. I hope they pull this off.

Agree with every bit of this. You have to be very careful when dealing with a classic such as this. It has the potential to be very good, but also the potential to be a disaster. I hope they pull this off.

BBC's Sherlock disagrees.

If it's good, it's good. Who cares how modern the props are?

peanuts_photo_4.jpg

peanuts_photo_3.jpg

Saw it today with my kids. I thought it was really well done from a nostalgic point of view.

It definitely maintains the classic feel with modern animation. The storyline draws directly from the classics. There wasn't a cell phone in the whole thing and the majority of the music was the jazz themes but a few scenes had a modern song or two.

This was the first movie theatre experience for myb2 year old. He was glued to it.

On a side note I read that there will most likely not be a sequel. Apparently it took 8 years for Schulz's widdow to allow the movie to be made. She said she thought Charles would have been pleased with it but wasn't sure about doing allowing another.

VN Store

Back