Will Smith ... Deadshot
Jared Leto ... The Joker
Viola Davis ... Amanda Waller
Margot Robbie ... Harley Quinn
Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg
Jai Courtney ... Captain Boomerang
Cara Delevingne ... Enchantress

Last edited:
I think this is a fantastic choice if it indeed is true!!

Margot Robbie Cast as Harley Quinn in SUICIDE SQUAD?!

Margot Robbie Cast as Harley Quinn in SUICIDE SQUAD?!

Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street) has been on the rumored list of actors for David Ayer's Suicide Squad since the movie was officially announced. Collider is now reporting that the beautiful actress has been cast in the role of Harley Quinn in the film, which is freakin' awesome! I can totally see her in the role, and rocking that iconic Harley Quinn voice. There's no official confirmation, but the site who broke the news is a trusted source on this kind of info, so it has that going for it. I hope it's true, because I would absolutely love to see Robbie in the role.

Just a few days ago it was reported that Jared Leto might be cast as The Joker in the movie, which a lot of fans seemed happy about. Seeing Leto and Robbie working alongside each other as Joker and Harley could be insanely cool. It will be interesting to see how these characters are portrayed in the movie.

Quinn was introduced in Batman: The Animated Series and quickly became a fan favorite. Just this weekend I took my kids to Designer Con, and one of them saw a piece of Harley Quinn and blurted out to the artist, "That's my dads favorite girl villain!" She knows me too well.

Suicide Squad is about a group of supervillains who are given a chance to redeem themselves through dangerous missions that they are sent on by the government. The film is slated for release on August 5th, 2016.

I literally just began reading the comic books and didn't realize that Suicide Squad was used in Arrow.

I have added confirmed cast to the top of the thread!

‘Suicide Squad’: New Casting & Character Details

‘Suicide Squad’: New Casting & Character Details

DC Comics and Warner Bros.’ are launching an ambitious superhero shared universe starting in 2016; but while Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice may be the milestone film event that draws in the masses, hardcore superhero movie fans are actually beginning to show more interest in Suicide Squad, the supervillain team-up film that arrives shortly after Dawn of Justice is in theaters.

The Suicide Squad movie has generated massive buzz in a short time with good reason: Writer/director David Ayer is coming off a critically-acclaimed gritty film (Fury); he’s built a cast that includes big stars like Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto playing iconic DC villains like Deadshot, Harley Quinn and The Joker (respectively); and rumored plotlines indicate that several elements of the film (like Viola Davis’ Amanda Waller) will help to tie together the larger DCMU to come.

In short: Suicide Squad is a pretty big deal.

Like with all big superhero tentpole films, there are still some fine details to work out before Suicide Squad starts shooting later this year. Tom Hardy dropped out of one of the principal roles in the film (Squad leader Rick Flag), and they have yet to replace him. Another recent rumor pointed to True Blood star Joe Manganiello playing Deathstroke, DC’s iconic assassin, who has been made famous on the small screen thanks to Arrow‘s Manu Bennett.

SPOILERS POSSIBLE BELOW

Some Suicide Squad rumors:

Now JoBlo is dropping even more Suicide Squad casting, character, and story details, which we’ve broken down for you in bullet point for quick summary:

•Ed Harris and Max Martini (Pacific Rim, The Unit) are rumored to play father/son conspirators Rick Flag, Sr. and Rick Flag, Jr. (respectively). Previous rumors point to Jr. leading the squad, only to get caught up in the double-crossing schemes of Sr.

•Gary Sinise was rumored to play General Wade Elling (aka “The General”), but JoBlo asserts that he is actually playing Lois Lane’s father, General Sam Lane.

•Karl Urban (Star Trek Franchise, Dredd) has been recently rumored to join the DCMU; initially we heard he could be the Aquaman movie villain, but now it’s being said that he’s also in the running for Rick Flag, Jr., as well.

•Terminator: Genisys star Jason Clarke is apparently the second pick to play Deathstroke – though David Ayer is said to be loyal to his Sabotage star, Joe Manganiello.

•Jared Leto’s Joker is said to be scarred from years of battling with Batman, and will be the Hannibal Lecter of the film (i.e., playing mind games from inside his cell).
•The mind-controlling Enchantress (Cara Delvingne) is again mentioned as the film’s MacGuffin (i.e., the Squad’s target), and her powers are said to cause the film’s prison riot finale.

•Rumors of a Batman cameo continue to look accurate; although, how that happens (brief glimpse on a TV screen or an actual, physical appearance in the movie) depends a lot on Ben Affleck’s schedule during the shoot.

It should be noted that – despite coming from different sources – these Suicide Squad rumors seem to form a distinct pattern, one that falls in perfect step with the Assault on Arkham animated feature of last year, which served as an unofficial test run of the Suicide Squad brand. In other words: few surprises, yes, but a whole lot of potential for an awesomely dark and different sort of comic book movie from DC/WB.

As for the casting:
Max Martini and Ed Harris are a strong combo to play the Rick Flag roles. Harris in particular could echo his character from The Rock and make a lot of fans happy – while Martini’s work on shows like The Unit and films like Pacific Rim prove he would be right at home in a military commander role. Karl Urban is someone we’d probably reserve to play Ocean Master in Aquaman, while Gary Sinise would be a solid pick to play Lois Lane’s daddy.

So far, the pitches we’ve heard for Jared Leto’s Joker, Ben Affleck’s Batman, or the inclusion of Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor have all been interestingly different from the usual. Small controlled doses of a new Batman and Joker rivalry (in such different context) will surely help DC/WB climb over the hump of Nolan’s Dark Knight movie legacy – while the peripheral presence of Luthor will show how this universe can remain interconnected without overplaying its characters.

All in all: with actors like Harris, Martini and Manganiello
possibly joining the already impressive cast, Suicide Squad is going to continue to build anticipation for its release.

Suicide Squad will be in theaters on August 5, 2016.

Today from Twitter!

David Ayer
‏@DavidAyerMovies

Paperwork
B8i3lG9CUAAKMgR.jpg

Some Suicide Squad news!

B-8VRsMU0AAhI0v.jpg

David Ayer ✔ @DavidAyerMovies

Sets are going up #skwad

Leto himself previously described The Joker as a “nearly Shakespearean character.” Leto said: “The opportunity to take on this nearly Shakespearean character — that’s what graphic novels and comic books are becoming, right? [He’s] this beautiful disaster of a character — what a big challenge.”

In related news, The Hollywood Reporter talked to Viola Davis (“How to Get Away with Murder”) about taking on the role of Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad.

“As a comic book and Wonder Woman fan, I love the whole DC Comics universe,” she said. “I traded comic books as a kid so all of that appeals to me. When you dream about being an actor as a kid, that’s what you dream about. That’s like play acting: being the superhero, getting the gun; it plays into that fantasy. How to Get Away with Murder changed my exposure. I don’t know if it changed the quality of roles as much as it changed the exposure. I mean certainly Amanda Waller is a fabulous character."

Created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru back in 1959, the Suicide Squad team has included countless DC villains among its ranks, including Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Bane, Killer Frost, Poison Ivy, Count Vertigo, Deathstroke, and Harley Quinn. The CW’s “Arrow” introduced their own version of the team in the most recent season of the series and the recent animated film, Batman: Assault on Arkham, offered another version of the team.

Leto and Davis star opposite two-time Academy Award nominee Will Smith as Deadshot; Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg; Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn; Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang; and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress.

Written and directed by Ayer, Suicide Squad is setting up shop in Toronto, Canada at their Pinewood extension. Following two months of pre-production, the film will shoot from April until September for an August 5, 2016 release.

This guy is usually spot on when it comes to DC films and if I'm not mistaken was the first to report the casting of both Ben Afflack and Jared Leto.

Via Instagram umbertogonzalez

So what I'm being told, Leto's Joker is most definitely based on (Frank Miller's) THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS version. He's lean & scarred but his suit does have broad shoulders. Joker works out in his cell like an inmate when he is interrogated by Amanda Waller. He's doing hand stand push ups so it makes sense that Jared Leto said he is putting on weight. He's definitely not skinny, but in fact more muscular. He has bleached skin not make up. #SPOILER - He's killed one of Batman's sidekicks, there is a lot of references to his past crimes. He kills a lot of people. HUGE #RUMOR - I'm also told The Joker has a lot of scenes with HUGO STRANGE! He's the psychiatrist at the prison & seems to be a part of the story yet I heard nothing of casting or mention of a single casting choice. Hugo Strange has quite a few interactions with the Joker & Harley Quinn.

News on Deathstroke

Deathstroke works with/for #ONSLAUGHT & does their dirty work. He's a hired assassin and he doesn't have any powers like in the comic book. They're going for a pre-super villain Deathstroke. He's a huge part of both of the major set pieces of the film. His introduction is INSANE! He's badass & almost takes the team down on one mission single handed. Deathstroke has THE breakout & choicest role in the film. The running gun battle that sources are describing is something else. His suit is very stealth oriented. They used an actual US military tactical outfit for the basis. He's armed to the teeth, uses a sword and automatics. In concept artwork he has two eyes. The mask is there and it's the iconic one. Rumor about Jason Clarke still in play is not true because he originally got offered Deathstroke months ago but has a scheduling conflict with Marc Foster's' 'All I See Is You.' Joel Kinnaman originally tested for the role as well but got Rick Flagg instead. Joe Manganiello has a scheduling conflict with Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens' BUT HE JUST DROPPED OUT! What does that mean? Deathstroke is 'probably' his. Tune in tomorrow for more scoopage!

Meet the head bad guy in #SUICIDESQUAD - #ANTIPHON who leads a badass terrorist cell called #ONSLAUGHT which is up against #DEADSHOT & the rest of the Suicide Squad. Onslaught are hunting super heroes & villains for their own agenda. They're like a special ops team made up of mercenaries. Antiphon is a burn victim & has a prosthetic leg. Ed Harris was rumored for the role. Once Antiphon is officially cast will let you guys know. Tune in tomorrow & Friday for more cool stuff from the upcoming #DC #film which is shaping up to be really dope! #dccu #dccomics #cinematic #universe

umbertogonzalez, dropped new news this morning on possible Ben Affleck/Batman's involvement/appearance in Suicide Squad!

Details about THE damn #BATMAN in #SUICIDESQUAD! #SPOILER #WARNING According to sources, in the film Batman is some sort of big boogeyman that the government REALLY hates. Get this, prior to the events in #BatmanvSuperman, THE JOKER is the only one to really ever meet him or know him and that's why he's so important to Amanda Waller. They have footage of Batman in action which they watch. There is a bit of dialogue where they say Batman is the key to tracking down all "the supers." Very cool stuff. #DC #DCCU #DCCOMICS #THEJOKER #AMANDAWALLER #THEDARKKNIGHTRETURNS

Last edited:
More news!

All about Margot Robbie's #HARLEYQUINN! Got a lot of requests about her so here is what I'm told. Harley Quinn has a few looks throughout the film. Going from traditional with the animated series as a reference to prison attire & in one sequence where they infiltrate a club she swears a dress. Get this, her & Joker's pet Hyena's are in the film briefly. Apparently, Harley with the hyena's are a big motif. Figured fans of BATMAN:TAS would get a kick out of this one.

Hmmmmm... This is sounding much better than I originally thought. Could this be DC's off the wall hit like Gaurdians of the Galaxy? Of course they are playing it a little safer by tieing it to Batman.

EXCLUSIVE: Scott Eastwood To Cameo As Steve Trevor In 'Suicide Sqaud'

EXCLUSIVE: Scott Eastwood To Cameo As Steve Trevor In 'Suicide Sqaud'

News broke over the weekend that Scott Eastwood and Raymond Olubowale have joined the cast of Suicide Squad. Their roles were unspecified until NOW!

For starters, Olubowale is in fact playing duel roles. Sources tell me he's doing motion capture for the character of KING SHARK in the movie AND playing a minor part as part of Amanda Waller's security. Here is the kicker though: Scott Eastwood is going to cameo as Steve Trevor in the film! To hardcore DC fanboys, Steve Trevor is best known as the primary love interest of Wonder Woman!

Since Suicide Squad is leaning heavy on the influence of the New 52, here is Wiki had to say about Trevor...

“In a conversation between Steve Trevor and Amanda Waller five years ago, Steve tries to convince Waller that Diana and the Amazons are not a threat to global security, as they are benevolent. Steve then becomes the U.S. government’s liaison to Diana during her stay in Washington, D.C. and later becomes the head of the newly formed A.R.G.U.S., (Advanced Research Group for Uniting Super-Humans), as well as the UN’s liaison to the newly formed Justice League. Promoted to the rank of Colonel, his assistant is Etta Candy and he has made his feelings and attraction to Wonder Woman clear to her, although his feelings weren’t been reciprocated.”

Looks like Wonder Woman's love interest has finally been found! Steve Trevor's casting was supposed to be kept under wraps but that's why I'm the big game hunter. Makes me wonder if we are going to get A.R.G.U.S as well in both Wonder Woman & Justice League. Very exciting news indeed. Eastwood was originally shortlisted for Rick Flagg but bagged Trevor instead. Eastwood has worked with David Ayer previously on Fury.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to Play Killer Croc in WB’s ‘Suicide Squad’ (Exclusive)

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to Play Killer Croc in WB’s ‘Suicide Squad’ (Exclusive)

The “Lost” actor is switching sides from Marvel to DC and reuniting with his “Concussion” co-star Will Smith

After playing dual roles in “Thor: The Dark World,” Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is switching sides and moving from Marvel to DC, as he’s set to play Killer Croc in WB’s “Suicide Squad,” TheWrap has learned.

Representatives for Warner Bros. and Akinnuoye-Agbaje did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

David Ayer is directing “Suicide Squad,” which is set to star Will Smith as Deadshot, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo and Jared Leto as The Joker, as TheWrap first reported.

Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor, while Scott Eastwood is set to appear in a small role that is rumored to be Wonder Woman’s love interest.

Karen Fukuhara has also been cast in an undisclosed role, according to an individual with knowledge of the project.

Killer Croc’s real name is Waylon Jones, and the character is among Batman’s rogue’s gallery of supervillains. He has a reptilian appearance and made his first appearance in Batman #357 in March 1983.

Charles Roven and Richard Suckle are producing “Suicide Squad,” while Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers. Production starts in April, and Warner Bros. will release “Suicide Squad” on Aug. 5, 2016.

“Suicide Squad” reunites Akinnuoye-Agbaje with Smith, as the duo will soon be seen in Ridley Scott’s football drama “Concussion,” in which the “Lost” and “Oz” alum plays NFL veteran Dave Duerson.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje is well known to fans of comic book movies, having played both Algrim the Strong and the villainous Kurse in Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World.” He recently appeared in Sony’s “Annie” remake and will soon be seen on HBO’s “Game of Thrones” and in the Bryan Cranston drama “Trumbo

Breaking::

umbertogonzalez @elmayimbe
2 hours ago

RT! BREAKING SUICIDE SQUAD NEWS! SHOCKING! JOE MANGANIELLO OUT! JIM PARRACK IN AS DEATHSTROKE! THEY DECIDED TO GO YOUNGER WITH THE CHARACTER! IKE BARINHOLTZ IN AS DR HUGO STRANGE! ADAM BEACH AT THIS TIME PENDING FURTHER CONFIRMATION IS RUMORED AS RAVAN! #BREAKING #SUICIDESQUAD #SKWAD #DEATHSTROKE #HUGOSTRANGE #RAVAN

Breaking::

How legit is the guy reporting this? If true this doesn't make a whole sense to me unless their was a falling out. Jim Parrack is only 4 years younger than Joe Manganiello and to me isn't a big difference. I mean I would think they would get an actor in their 20's if they're going younger. If I Joe Manganiello I would be pissed since I quit one project to do this movie.

How legit is the guy reporting this? If true this doesn't make a whole sense to me unless their was a falling out. Jim Parrack is only 4 years younger than Joe Manganiello and to me isn't a big difference. I mean I would think they would get an actor in their 20's if they're going younger. If I Joe Manganiello I would be pissed since I quit one project to do this movie.

He is usually spot on with his scoops!

Lots of times he announces things as rumors that are then confirmed several days later! Yesterday he was the first to report the rumor that Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) could soon be cast as King T'Chaka father of the Black Panther in CA: Civil War.

Last edited:
DC Comics’ Suicide Squad Movie Enlists Common for Mystery Role

DC Comics’ Suicide Squad Movie Enlists Common for Mystery Role

Following his recent Academy Award win for Selma‘s “Glory,” actor and musician Common is heading to the DC Universe! The Hollywood Reporter has just revealed that the star, who recently appeared in Run All Night, will play a mystery role in David Ayer’s Suicide Squad. DC Comics fan are likely already well-aware of Common’s past connection the big screen DCU. He was previously attached to play Green Lantern John Stewart in George Miller’s long-defunct Justice League.

Common joins a cast that already includes Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Jared Leto as The Joker, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc, Karen Fukuhara as Plastique and Viola Davis as Amanda Waller. Jay Hernandez, Adam Beach, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood and Raymond Olubowale are also attached to the film in still-unconfirmed roles.

Originally created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru back in 1959, the group was retooled into its current iteration as villains working off their sentence by John Ostrander. The team has included countless DC villains (and heroes) among its ranks throughout the years. It’s also been a staple of recent DC media. The CW’s hit series “Arrow” introduced their own version of the team in the most recent season of the series and the recent animated film, Batman: Assault on Arkham, offered another version of the team.

Now filming, Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5, 2016.

First Appearance of Jared Leto's Joker!! :dunno:

suicide_squad_leto.jpg

@DavidAyerMovies/Twitter

'Suicide Squad': Jared Leto's Joker Revealed (Photo)

'Suicide Squad': Jared Leto's Joker Revealed (Photo)

Director David Ayer shared the photo.

This is a heck of a way to celebrate The Joker's 75th birthday.

Suicide Squad director David Ayer revealed the first look at Jared Leto as The Joker in order to celebrate the Clown Prince of Crime's birthday.

Suicide Squad stars Will Smith as Deadshot and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. Also in the mix of the supervillain-heavy film are Joel Kinnaman, Cara Delevingne, Viola Davis, Adam Beach, Ike Barinholtz, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Scott Eastwood and Common.

The film centers on a group of imprisoned villains who are recruited by the government for covert operations. It is possible that the film could see cameos from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor) and Ben Affleck (Batman)

The Warner Bros. film is set for a August 5, 2016 release date.

Last edited:
His performance in the movie might change my mind, but right now when I look at that picture I don't see the Joker.

I agree with you completely. His performance could change my opinion, but I don't see it either. I'm not a fan of the tattoos. I would like to see him in a purple suit. That might look a little better.

VN Store

Back