Peaky Blinders - Netflix Original

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Anybody else watch it yet? I watched the pilot. A few slow parts, but I like what I see so far.

Let me know your impression as you keep watching. The promos I've seen have intrigued me but I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, haven't been able to decide if it's worth it or not.

I couldn't make it 20 minutes into the pilot episode of "Copper" so I doubt this show would be able to hold my interest.

I couldn't make it 20 minutes into the pilot episode of "Copper" so I doubt this show would be able to hold my interest.

Wow, all my favorite shows take some time to get into. The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, etc. all took at least a few episodes to really build interest.

How far into books do you quit cause it doesn't hold your interest? Books are the hardest, cause some take 100 pages. I quit Watership Down after like 150 pages, picked up a year later and was riveted. Weird how that works out.

Wow, all my favorite shows take some time to get into. The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, etc. all took at least a few episodes to really build interest.

How far into books do you quit cause it doesn't hold your interest? Books are the hardest, cause some take 100 pages. I quit Watership Down after like 150 pages, picked up a year later and was riveted. Weird how that works out.

I quit reading Moby Dick right after "Call me, Ishmael."

Reactions: 3 people

:eek:lol: That book is terrible! I remember reading it in high school..I was like "wtf I don't want to read about stupid rabbits".

Reactions: Carl Pickens
:eek:lol: That book is terrible! I remember reading it in high school..I was like "wtf I don't want to read about stupid rabbits".

It seems silly or a bit, but I highly recommend it. It's actually meant for adults. It's pretty cool.

It seems silly or a bit, but I highly recommend it. It's actually meant for adults. It's pretty cool.

It wasnt that bad now that I think back on it. I found my copy with the rabbits on the cover and it got me to thinking about picking some up to eat this weekend.

This show literally put me to sleep on the couch while sober. I'm going to give it another shot tonight since I have to get up early..maybe it will work its magic again.

I'm at episode 6. It may move too slow for people (I don't know, I'm a sucker for writing and dialog) but the story is awesome and there is some pretty brutal violence. If you like Boardwalk Empire, I recommend this show.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't get what's going on. It claims Netflix Original, but apparently it's on BBC 2 and it's currently in the middle of the second season, but none of those episodes are on Netflix.

Apparently Tom Hardy is in season 2.

So I watched the first three episodes of this show and I dig it a lot. The first episode was pretty dry for the first half, but picked up later.

Reactions: 1 person
Just finished the first season up and watched the first episode of season 2. I like this show a lot. It's def got a boardwalk empire/the wire vibe. Can be a little slow and hard to understand with the heavy Birmingham accent. But I dig it.

I agree that this show started slow. Season 2 was better. I am a big batman fan so it was ironic to see Tom Hardy (Bane) and Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) in the same show. Every time Tom Hardy talks in Peaky Blinders Season 2, I still hear Bane. Interesting season finale. Did not see that one coming at the end.

i agree that this show started slow. Season 2 was better. I am a big batman fan so it was ironic to see tom hardy (bane) and cillian murphy (scarecrow) in the same show. Every time tom hardy talks in peaky blinders season 2, i still hear bane. Interesting season finale. Did not see that one coming at the end.

hgh?

I really enjoyed Season 1. Season 2 dropped off for me, which is weird because I think Tom Hardy is really great, but for some reason I didn't enjoy it as much. Just starting Season 3.

Season 3 was probably my favorite so far. The last episode was intense, didn't see that ending coming.

VN Store

Back