Fear the Walking Dead

It was discussed last fall, but they just made it official yesterday.

Bet they focus on either LA, San Fran, NY, or Chicago.

Bet they focus on either LA, San Fran, NY, or Chicago.

Huge cities though, the filming would cost more I would think. I could see Detroit though since it seems like half of it is abandoned.

Reactions: 1 person
Huge cities though, the filming would cost more I would think. I could see Detroit though since it seems like half of it is abandoned.

Could use parts of a lot different Rust Belts cities.

I think a cold climate would be interesting. Add weather as another element of concern.

This doesn't mean the show has been picked up! AMC has given the nod to spend money on casting/sets/location etc.. to film a "Pilot".

That "Pilot" will then be shown to the AMC bigwigs and they will then give it the go/no go on going to series. Unless they were to try and fast track it at this point it would probably be next Summer/Fall before it would air if given the green light!

Hell, with all of the meth heads there, casting would be cheap and wouldn't have to use any makeup for the walkers.

This doesn't mean the show has been picked up! AMC has given the nod to spend money on casting/sets/location etc.. to film a "Pilot".

That "Pilot" will then be shown to the AMC bigwigs and they will then give it the go/no go on going to series. Unless they were to try and fast track it at this point it would probably be next Summer/Fall before it would air if given the green light!

The only way this doesn't get picked up is if the pilot they produce is really, really bad.

This is the same network that renewed Better Call Saul for a second season before one episode was even finished, much less aired. Considering TWD gets almost 3 times the ratings BB got, this spinoff/companion series is as close to a shoe-in as it gets.

The only way this doesn't get picked up is if the pilot they produce is really, really bad.

This is the same network that renewed Better Call Saul for a second season before one episode was even finished, much less aired. Considering TWD gets almost 3 times the ratings BB got, this spinoff/companion series is as close to a shoe-in as it gets.

I never knew that! Thanks for the info.

Put Beth on the spinoff since they'll never meet and make her a badass tiny girl.

sounds like a another drama focused zombie show =(

Was hoping they would do something different; like focus more on the challenges and struggles in survival and less on interpersonal relationships and conflict among each other in a world that's falling apart around them. Keep the Zeds the main enemy, dangit!

It would be interesting to see a documentary styled account similar to the World War Z book (not that @#^$ movie that bares the same name).

Last edited:
sounds like a another drama focused zombie show =(

Was hoping they would do something different; like focus more on the challenges and struggles in survival and less on interpersonal relationships and conflict among each other in a world that's falling apart around them. Keep the Zeds the main enemy, dangit!

It would be interesting to see a documentary styled account similar to the World War Z book (not that @#^$ movie that bares the same name).

Haven't we had this "keep the zombies the enemy" conversation like a million times or some version of it?

VN Store

Back