Night Shift

Coug

images

Anybody watching this?

So this series started this summer back on May 27th. The series premiere episode was just really bad with unbelievable crap going on in it. I decided to give it a few more episodes and surprisingly they changed up a lot of things almost immediately. It's greatly improved since it's premiere and they've even renewed it for season 2 already.

‘The Night Shift’ Renewed for Season 2 at NBC | TVLine

If you're a fan of medical dramas I'd say give it a shot.

I hate medical dramas but I loved the "Pilot" and so for the show as well. I like the military aspect of the show with a couple of the guys doing battlefield type surgery in the ER to save people rather than doing it by the book.

I also like how they are incorporating one of the Doctor's PTSD into the show.

The Season Finale is next week and its already been picked up for 2nd Season for next Summer. However if it becomes to much like ER or Grey's Anatomy then I'm out!

Last edited:
I hate medical dramas but I loved the "Pilot" and so for the show as well. I like the military aspect of the show with a couple of the guys doing battlefield type surgery in the ER to save people rather than doing it by the book.

I also like how they are incorporating one of the Doctor's PTSD into the show.

The Season Finale is next week and its already been picked up for Season for next Summer. However if it becomes to much like ER or Grey's Anatomy then I'm out!

See, I thought the pilot was just awful and then they changed some things and it's far more mature now. They even got rid of the unrealistic idiot that was controlling the scanning machine. He would refuse to do a test(his job) unless people made a deal with them.

I remember Michael Keaton, Henry Winkler, and Shelly Long in the movie, "Night Shift".

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkEDe6Ljqs[/youtube]

What a fantastic season finale probably one of the better finales I have seen this year.

What a fantastic season finale probably one of the better finales I have seen this year.

It was really good, definitely suspenseful. I hope this means they move past the flashbacks he keeps having.

‘The Night Shift’ NBC Poster Raises Eyebrows With Cast Exclusions

A poster for NBC’s surprise breakout The Night Shift, which is coming back as a midseason series, triggered a game of “Who’s Missing” at TCA today. The NBC poster, displayed in the lobby of the ballroom where the network’s show panels are held, features cast members of the medical drama with the tagline, “No one goes down without a fight.” However, two cast members from the show do seem to have gone down during the creation of the poster, which features six of the series’ eight regulars.

nightshift2.jpg

Key art for series typically showcases the leads or the entire casts. In this case, the focus fell on those who were left out: Robert Bailey Jr. and Brendan Fehr. The Night Shift is a diverse ensemble that features two black characters, played by Bailey and JR Lemon, and a gay character, played by Fehr. Lemon made it to the poster (barely, thatÂ’s him in the lower right corner), while Bailey and Fehr were snubbed altogether, stirring a lot of buzz among industry types about the exclusions. NBC had no comment on the snafu though insiders noted that the cast members were left out because the marketing executives in charge of the poster couldnÂ’t fit them all in. Under chairman Bob Greenblatt, NBC has been very inclusive of LGBT characters, including launching several series with gay leads, The New Normal and the upcoming One Big Happy.

I also posted about another NBC poster that caused some problems at the event in the Chicago Fire thread. I really enjoyed the Night Shift last summer. However I'm afraid they are going to go and turn it into more of a comedy along the lines of Scrubs.

The Night Shift has been picked up for a Third Season on NBC!

Glad to hear this as it has become a guilty pleasure of mine.

Never watched it.

I'm usually not into medial dramas like say ER or Gray's Anatomy etc...

However I really enjoy this. I would say its got a very modern feel of a M.A.S.H. since the setting is a hospital ER in San Antonio near a Army base and several of the characters are former Army Doctors or Medics.

I'm still watching it. It's actually a really good show! From a realistic standpoint though an ER doctor would never go out into the field like they do on that show if I'm allowed to be nit picky. Other than that they have some great medical cases.

Reactions: 1 person
I somehow over looked this but looking over my DVR guide for tonight I noticed that the Season 3 Premiere is Tonight on NBC!

10pm/9ct!

Once again I may be the only one watching this show but the 10 episode 4th Season of The Night Shift Premiers Tonight on NBC!

I am still watching and sadly it was mysteriously removed from the series recordings on the DVR. I'll have to catch the first episode online or On Demand I guess.

This show is so much fun. It has the perfect action mixed with comedy and drama.

I'm not saying it should be done because it shouldn't but I'm just saying if any network wanted to do a modern take on M*A*S*H* then the people behind this show should be the one's to do it.

I DVRed & marathoned the first four episodes last week then watched last night's episode its just so good.

Last edited:
This show is so much fun. It has the perfect action mixed with comedy and drama.

I'm not saying it should be done because it shouldn't but I'm just saying if any network wanted to do a modern take on M*A*S*H* then the people behind this show should be the one's to do it.

I DVRed & marathoned the first four episodes last week then watched last night's episode its just so good.

If you can look past the ER doctors constantly in the field it's an entertaining show.

The last two episodes have just been fantastic.

The salute to the military with real veterans guest starring also Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) was amazing in that guest role. I had forgot that he actually was a Vietnam Veteran in the Marines.

The last two episodes have just been fantastic.

The salute to the military with real veterans guest starring also Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) was amazing in that guest role. I had forgot that he actually was a Vietnam Veteran in the Marines.

It was a great episode. The guy that played the undercover FBI agent was Wes Chatham. He has a recurring role on Syfy's The Expanse.

Reactions: 1 person
This last episode was a little all over the place. They constantly blur the lines between doctors and combat personnel.

This last episode was a little all over the place. They constantly blur the lines between doctors and combat personnel.

I could believe that T.C. is a local SWAT team member seeing as he was a Ranger in the army.

It looks like they are now going more in the military/on site direction with this medic training program it sounds like they are going to do.

VN Store

Back