The Strain

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!
Surely I am not the only one excited about this? The Strain Trilogy was one of my favorites.

Reactions: 1 person
Been waiting on this for a couple months now. Seems like it's slow to debut though. Previews look exciting.

I like how they do the story from different people's perspectives. They did a great job with the story but when they did the reveal of the main creature I felt let down. Something about big, fat sucking tentacle heads just don't scare me. When the old man said "HE's back" I half expected Dracula or some creature we've all heard of before. I'll keep watching to see where it goes.

Last edited:
Am I being too critical or is anyone else on the fence as well?

Am I being too critical or is anyone else on the fence as well?

After you hear the backstory of Sardu, I think you'll like it better. I like how the book set it up a bit better though.

I didn't like the scene with the flight attendant at the beginning. In the novel the plane lands and everyone on board is dead. And you don't exactly know why. So it adds some suspense.

But they've set it up to tell the back story of Abraham and Sardu in the next episode.

After you hear the backstory of Sardu, I think you'll like it better. I like how the book set it up a bit better though.

I didn't like the scene with the flight attendant at the beginning. In the novel the plane lands and everyone on board is dead. And you don't exactly know why. So it adds some suspense.

But they've set it up to tell the back story of Abraham and Sardu in the next episode.

I plan to watch to see where it goes. I haven't read the book though.

Now THIS is how to properly do vampires. A solid opening with promising writing. Still not sold on the acting, but let's see where it goes. The Bishop death was particularly gruesome and was on par with some of the walking deads best shockers.

Now THIS is how to properly do vampires. A solid opening with promising writing. Still not sold on the acting, but let's see where it goes. The Bishop death was particularly gruesome and was on par with some of the walking deads best shockers.

The bishop?

So far I tend to agree. I'm a huge horror fan but vampire stuff usually doesn't interest me in the least, in fact if I had known coming in that it was about vampires I probably wouldn't have bothered. I just watched the first episode though and I am definitely intrigued.

I'd say they got me on the hook for three to four episodes but due to the genre the show is definitely on a short leash.

So far I tend to agree. I'm a huge horror fan but vampire stuff usually doesn't interest me in the least, in fact if I had known coming in that it was about vampires I probably wouldn't have bothered. I just watched the first episode though and I am definitely intrigued.

I'd say they got me on the hook for three to four episodes but due to the genre the show is definitely on a short leash.

This mostly reminds me of some disease movie that came out not that long ago with matt Damon and I think Jude Law.

What the heck is the thing in the hood robe?
It moves damn fast.

This mostly reminds me of some disease movie that came out not that long ago with matt Damon and I think Jude Law.

What the heck is the thing in the hood robe?
It moves damn fast.

The movie you're thinking about is "Contagion".

Loved the pilot. Has a dark Stephen kingy feel to it. And a bit of a twist on vampires and thralls. Definitely gonna give it a chance at least.

I liked this second episode, it went by rather quickly as well and that's definitely a sign of a good show. So it would seem that there are different types of these vampire creatures. The one's that died on the plane and took a while to reanimate are lower on the totem pole, bottom feeders. The 4 "surviviors" that were quarantined must be of some type of higher order of sorts. Maybe they took to the transformation more easily, maybe they're going to be the carriers. Kevin Durand's character(rat exterminator) is likely to become some type of protagonist against these bottom feeder vampires. The old man with liver failure(from Jumanji) is the super rich business man who is going to fund Dracula's attempt at world domination in exchange for making him healthy AKA infecting him.

Am I adding this up about right?

Question is do the people that the bottom feeders feed on come back to life? Like I wonder if the little girls dad comes back to life or is he just dead?

Very good episode. Either the girls dad is still laying in the tub dead or he also came back to life like she did.

I can't believe that rock star guy's thing just fell off and he tried to flush it like it was nothing.

VN Store

Back