BBC's Sherlock

VolinMichigan

Lifelong member of the Good Guys Club
Season 3 just started streaming on Netflix. I'm a little obsessed with it. Anyone else watch? You should.

I watched series 3 on P'S when it aired. Watched them again this week on Netflix and was amazed how much I had forgotten. Great show.

Yeah it's a very good modern adaptation. You can't beat Cumberbatch and Freeman as Holmes and Watson.

This is a good show. Both are becoming big stars, wonder how long they will do this show. Haven't seen season 3 yet.

This is a good show. Both are becoming big stars, wonder how long they will do this show. Haven't seen season 3 yet.

Well its easier to do a show like this that consists of just three, two hour episodes than the typical 12-22 episode season.

I really like this show! I wish there were more episodes honestly. They rarely run the full two hours as they often have interviews and behind the scenes info afterwards.

I totally forgot how fast they talk and with the British accents me and my wife are constantly having to rewind and rewatch scenes.

This will be awesome! Special episode confirmed and will be set in Victorian London!

Sherlock co-creator confirms special is set in Victorian London

Sherlock co-creator confirms special is set in Victorian London

For the eagerly anticipated Sherlock special episode, Holmes and Watson are essentially going back in time.

Co-creator Steven Moffat has now confirmed the special will take place in Victorian London, validating fan assumptions about the episode. Last month the show’s stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman were spotted filming Sherlock in 19th century clothes, causing fans to wonder if perhaps the crime-fighting duo attended a costume ball, or ir perhaps it was just some kind of dream sequence within the special. But no: The 90-minute episode literally takes place more than 100 years ago.

“The special is its own thing,” Moffat told EW before attending a panel at the South by Southwest conference on Monday. “We wouldn’t have done the story we’re doing, and the way we’re doing it, if we didn’t have this special. It’s not part of the run of three episodes. So we had this to do it – as we could hardly conceal – it’s Victorian. [Co-creator Mark Gatiss] and me, we wanted to do this, but it had to be a special, it had to be separate entity on its own. It’s kind of in its own little bubble.”

The special is pretty much finished, Moffat added, and he’s very pleased with the result. No air date is set by Sherlock networks BBC and PBS Masterpiece, but the special is widely expected to air in the UK around December.

Were there new episodes on this season? I completely forgot to record them. I know there are only like 4 or 5 episodes but they're like an hour and a half long.

The last episode to air was the back last January which was season 3.

Each season is three episodes long and Season 4 is thought to air in the spring of 2016. The Special should air around Christmas time.

Trailer for Sherlock Special The Abominable Bride

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjPxUfV32Q[/youtube]

It will air New Years Day, January 1st, 2016 on PBS!

Reactions: 2 people
Great show, binge watched with my 18 year old son at his request - he put subtitles on, so no problem understanding what was said

It was so good, went to local used video store and bought all the Sherlock stuff they had...probably like this modern adaptation best

I've been wanting to watch this but I don't do Netflix or any streaming. Do they ever air the previous seasons so I can DVR?

Reminder the Sherlock special (Sherlock: The Abominable Bride) air's tomorrow night on PBS!!

Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson investigate a mysterious ghostly bride. We've been here before - but what if this wasn't the modern day but the late Victorian period? What if the world's most famous consulting detective and his best friend lived in a Baker Street of steam trains, hansom cabs, top hats and frock coats? Welcome to Sherlock in 1895!

Written by Mark Gattis & Steven Moffat

Last edited:
I watched 2 episodes and gave up. VERY British.

I knew it wasn't for me at the beginning of episode 2 when Sherlock was fist fighting an Arabian knight in his apartment. Just a bit too silly for me.

You gave up too soon.

Especially when each season consists of 3 - Two hour episodes!

Really looking forward to this year's special based in Victorian London! Some of my favorite Doctor Who episodes take place in the same time period. Since Steven Moffat is writing this I'm expecting good things!

One word disappointed I'll try not give much away but here is my review I posted over on Letterboxed.com

Rating: 3/5
I have to say for the most part I found it very confusing! In my opinion they should have made this a one off story.

If they would have just made it a Sherlock story based in Victorian London it would have been 100% better! Trying to connect it to the last time we saw Sherlock cheapened the episode. IMO, with all the switching back and forth especially in the last half of the film!

Had they stuck with the Victorian storyline completely I probably would have rated this a 4 or 4.5 out of 5!

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's still another year or so until next season right?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's still another year or so until next season right?

From what I understand they are still trying to work out schedules (with Freeman & Cumberbatch) along with Steven Moffat (who is the show-runner for Doctor Who) that would allow for filming a 4th season.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully they are better than the boring Abominable Bride!

‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Starts Shooting “A Story About To Reach Its Climax”

UPDATE with more detail: Filming has begun in the UK on the much anticipated Season 4 of the BBC One/Masterpiece drama Sherlock. Three new episodes are afoot promising “laughter, tears, shocks, surprises and extraordinary cases,” the networks said today. Benedict Cumberbatch returns as the high-functioning sociopath alongside Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson and Amanda Abbington as his wife Mary. The latter two will be preparing for the arrival of their first child.

Ghosts are also said to figure heavily in the new season (Moriarty?) while co-creators Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss appeared to have teased this could be the final go-round for the group, saying, “This is the story we’ve been telling from the beginning. A story about to reach its climax.” However, the typically cryptic duo has also previously said they see the series continuing for a long while and I’m told the word “climax” could mean anything, but not the end. There’s currently no airdate, but speculation is that a January 1, 2017 return may be in the offing.

Produced by Hartswood Films, the series made a triumphant return to television on New Year’s Day this year with a special episode that scored 8.4M overnight viewers on BBC One. It was the most watched program over the holiday season with 11.6M consolidated viewers and the highest ever audience share for the series. The 90-minute installment, The Abominable Bride, was then released theatrically and notched big box office, notably in China and Korea.

Produced by Hartswood Films, the series made a triumphant return to television on New Year’s Day this year with a special episode that scored 8.4M overnight viewers on BBC One. It was the most watched program over the holiday season with 11.6M consolidated viewers and the highest ever audience share for the series. The 90-minute installment, The Abominable Bride, was then released theatrically and notched big box office, notably in China and Korea.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back