Halt and Catch Fire (AMC)

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
Anyone else watch the premiere? I thought it was a good first episode.

I'm intrigued. It's not often that I watch a show from episode one, without binge-watching the first season.

True Detective was the last and it was Mad Men before then so...I'm hoping this delivers.

I caught a good part of it. Where there any hints as to what's going on as far as an IBM being torn down and reversed engineered or the computer being the thing that gets you to the other thing. I missed the last 12min. or so. Is it a Bill Gates garage type of thing. No it can't be that because IBM didn't know what they had and gave gates the technology.

Dang guess i'm watching the next episode.

I hope some people start watching because the ratings for the first episodes have been bad. The first episode did just a 1.19, and the second episode dropped to a .97. That's pretty bad especially for the first 2 episodes.

It needs to pick up fast or they'll pull it before even airing all 10 episodes.

This show is probably toast. Episode 3 only got a .77 rating. That's much worse than LWS was after 3 episodes and it only got that low at the end. Plus The Killing never got ratings this bad.

Looks like 2 of the 3 new AMC shows are going to be duds.

Good episode last night making the first ever deal with LCD technology partnering with a Japanese Corp. With the blonde programer taking charge and kicking some butt. Basically through deception she finds the best in her area and fires the rest after getting her boss fired and putting her self in charge.

Last night was better but I still find Cameron annoying.

Not to mention it's hard to take her seriously as a programming genius when she's clearly hunting and pecking on the keyboard.

Last night was better but I still find Cameron annoying.

Not to mention it's hard to take her seriously as a programming genius when she's clearly hunting and pecking on the keyboard.

Blond typist are known to be only 2% touch typist the other 98 % are know to be hunt-n-peckers. So I agree.

Last Sunday's episode got a .575 rating. That is the lowest rated episode of any AMC drama since Mad Men came on the scene; worse than Low Winter Sun, whose fate was known well before the finale.

In other words, no way this show gets another season. In fact, if the ratings get any worse, they may pull it and show movies instead and just put the episodes on their website or something. .575 is terrible.

Last Sunday's episode got a .575 rating. That is the lowest rated episode of any AMC drama since Mad Men came on the scene; worse than Low Winter Sun, whose fate was known well before the finale.

In other words, no way this show gets another season. In fact, if the ratings get any worse, they may pull it and show movies instead and just put the episodes on their website or something. .575 is terrible.

Hopefully they give it a better\another shot with a different day and time slot.

I love this show. It's my favorite non-premium TV show, I think.

Somehow they need to reach their target audience better. I had no idea this show existed until it was on Netflix.

Reactions: 1 person
BTW, I can't remember a better soundtrack from a TV show. My wife and I have downloaded like 10 songs from season 1.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIb1GLhoP-U[/youtube]

Agreed. I looked up this one on youtube last year 2 min after the episode ended so I could download it....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgicu6G6n8[/youtube]

I couldn't stand the opening with the continuous shot. The acting was like watching a community play. The rest of the episode was great.

Man I loved the scene where Gordon is unloading all the video game and computer systems from his car. That would have been me in the 80s if I had just been given a ton of money.

Man I loved the scene where Gordon is unloading all the video game and computer systems from his car. That would have been me in the 80s if I had just been given a ton of money.

I was reminded of the meme "dual monitors up in this b****"

I loved the time stamp solution to lagging networks. This show is so educational. This history is so important, and it's so recent, and we know almost nothing about it.

Ok, I like this show, but it's getting a bit silly with them acting like they came up with all these now industry standards.

Last year it was that Cameron "invented" the personal OS. That's fine and all, but this season now they have her new company coming up with online gaming, the MMORPG, chatrooms, and now FPS. And the season isn't even half over.

VN Store

Back