The Flash (CW)

CagleMtnVol

The CW has officially picked up The Flash

10333450_10152386368622436_2988347933697598017_o.jpg

THE FLASH
Barry Allen is a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fanboy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante.

CAST: Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanaugh, John Wesley Shipp, Michelle Harrison, Patrick Sabongui

TEAM: Greg Berlanti (w, ep), Andrew Kreisberg (w, ep), Geoff Johns (w), David Nutter (d, ep), Sarah Schechter (ep)

The Flash Don't Blink
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU[/youtube]

The Flash Extended Trailer

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g[/youtube]

Last edited:
Take that Marvel!! A great day for DC Comics & Warner Bros.! :rock: :good!:

DC Comics has completed a sweep, with all four of its Warner Bros. TV pilots going to series. Constantine (NBC), Gotham (Fox), The Flash (CW) and iZombie (CW). This fall along with Arrow (CW) DC Comics will have five comic based series on network television!

Wonder to what capasity they use John Wesley Shipp as old flash maybe.

Is The Flash still the only being faster that Superman?

Wonder to what capasity they use John Wesley Shipp as old flash maybe.

Is The Flash still the only being faster that Superman?

I always thought cool story would be The Flash teaching Superman how to tap into the Speed Force.

Thanks for the thread Cagle. Now you need one for Constantine and iZombie.

Last edited:
The Flash Don't Blink
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU[/youtube]

The Flash Extended Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g[/youtube]

My only complaint is the actors seem too young. Otherwise it looks bad ace and pretty true to the comics. Particularly Geoff Johns recent tweaks to the mythos with Reverse Flash.

Looking forward to it.

The pilot has already leaked if you're interested.

I prefer to wait but have read several non-spoiler reviews on it and all say its pretty good.

Some have even suggested it was even leaked on purpose to drive talk about it and more viewers when it debuts!

I prefer to wait but have read several non-spoiler reviews on it and all say its pretty good.

Some have even suggested it was even leaked on purpose to drive talk about it and more viewers when it debuts!

I just watched it tonight at a buddies. All I can say is..... WOW!!

Definitely leaked on purpose. It had its flaws (it's just a TV show afterall) but despite those I would give it an 8.....

...Then the cliffhanger happens and it jumps to a 9!

It will make the interwebz very very happy!

I don't follow much programming week to week but this one has made the list. If the next couple of episodes are half as good as this one, it will be picked up for a second season by the 4th or 5th episode.

Will this be airing before or after Arrow maybe? It would be cool seeing the two of them team up every once in a while.

Another Amell is becoming a Superhero!

Robbie Amell Joins ‘The Flash’ In Recurring Role

Robbie Amell Joins ‘The Flash’ In Recurring Role

Robbie Amell has booked a recurring role on CW’s The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen, aka The Flash (Grant Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Amell will play Ronnie Raymond, better known to the DC Comics universe as ½ of Firestorm. He is a maintenance worker at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Caitlin Snow’s (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé who plays an integral part in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen into The Flash. In the DC Comics mythology, Raymond is a man who bonds with another to form the nuclear powered super hero, Firestorm.

Amell, repped by WME, Protégé Entertainment, and Coast To Coast, just wrapped feature The Duff for CBS Films and is currently shooting the indie feature Max. On the TV side, Amell recently appeared on the CW’s The Tomorrow People, and has had recurring roles on NBC’s 1600 Penn, MTV’s, Zach Stone Is Going Be Famous and ABC’s Revenge.

He writes good movie reviews

Thanks but i think you do know they mean the dc comics super hero.

2nd time the red speedster will be on the small screen as he did have a previous tv show which is out on DVD.

Great that the success of arrow has opened doors with another dc comics super hero tv show being made , and that Firestorm will be finally making his debut in live action of the Flash.

I wonder if they'll be using material the same as captain America had for the avengers movie and first avenger and winter soldier movie, or use the standard spandex for both Firestorm and Flash but great quality same as amazing spider man not some cheap crap.

Topnotch promo shown in rerun of arrow of bronze tiger,

It had green arrow walking then shooting a arrow at a typical dart board flash is shown dashing to get in front and catch the arrow to which green arrow remakes show off, then dashed leaving a blur trail not sure if it's energy of some kind or just the effect of incredible speed focusing with the flash logo this fall.
The costume is not a bright red looks more like a medium dark one that makes me think of the Alabama crimson tide.

The suit appears to be possibly PVC which has a shine which resembles leather or it could be leather. A topnotch costume not the cheesy crap of the stuff from Adam west batman or the failed JLA failed tv pilot.

Topnotch promo shown in rerun of arrow of bronze tiger,

It had green arrow walking then shooting a arrow at a typical dart board flash is shown dashing to get in front and catch the arrow to which green arrow remakes show off, then dashed leaving a blur trail not sure if it's energy of some kind or just the effect of incredible speed focusing with the flash logo this fall.
The costume is not a bright red looks more like a medium dark one that makes me think of the Alabama crimson tide.

The suit appears to be possibly PVC which has a shine which resembles leather or it could be leather. A topnotch costume not the cheesy crap of the stuff from Adam west batman or the failed JLA failed tv pilot.

Wow I forgot about that JLA pilot. That was just turrble.

Wow I forgot about that JLA pilot. That was just turrble.

I think it had the same crap low costume quality as the abysmal captain America movie of 1990 if I recall right.

I guess that means it's no batman and robin.:)
Batman and robin is a remarkable awful movie that I'll watch because it's amazing as a unintentional comedy not because I like or love the movie.
It is hot garbage.

Arrow has created a domino effect wouldn't be shocked if there is a deadman, hawkman, or some other dc super hero tv show that isn't of the batman or superman family, or Wonder Woman or of the Wonder Woman family that also gets green lighted in the next 2 or 3 years.

Gorilla grodd
It is rather amazing that he could debut in same year as the rise of the planet of the apes sequel.
The mind control and other powers I don't think will be that hard to depict along with his other powers while not looking cheap or putrid.
I think that they might use the same material used in the Hellboy movies since cgi can get overused when not needed.
Jaws is a excellent movie and the robot shark which resembles a real one is topnotch. I don't think it would have been excellent with a cgi shark.

'The Flash' Producers Promise Unexpected Detours, Surprising 'Arrow' Drop-Ins

'The Flash' Producers Promise Unexpected Detours, Surprising 'Arrow' Drop-Ins

Executive producer Greg Berlanti tells THR that The CW spinoff's upcoming crossovers with the mothership, which include a two-hour "event," is "something, as a fan, I would want desperately."

One of fall's flashiest shows is setting the bar high.

The CW's The Flash, a spinoff of the darker and broodier Arrow, takes a lighter spin with Barry Allen, the awkward Central City Police Department forensics expert so enthralled with the Arrow that he'd proclaim himself a fanboy. The change in tone was inevitable. As Arrow viewers glimpsed last fall during the two-hour Barry Allen arc, the man who would don the red suit had a more lively approach to life.

"When we were doing Arrow, we talked about Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. When we were talking about The Flash, we talked a lot about Dick Donner's Superman films — its heart and humor and scope and Americana," executive producer Greg Berlanti tells The Hollywood Reporter.

While Arrow lends itself to being a "grandiose, sweeping Shakespearean epic," as executive producer Andrew Kreisberg describes to THR, The Flash simply isn't — and that's not a bad thing. Producers went out of their way to differentiate each show from the other, even though characters live within the same universe. (Two members of S.T.A.R. Labs crossed over to Arrow late last season.)

“Arrow takes place specifically at night and this is day, where in The Flash pilot, the action starts and ends in the daytime," explains Kreisberg, who calls titular character "a daytime hero." Adds Berlanti, "Arrow is a crime world and The Flash is a sci-fi world."

They would know. Arrow excludes non-human supernatural abilities, while The Flash teeters toward the sci-fi/fantastical. Case in point: The latter's pilot, which screened Wednesday during Comic-Con preview night, highlights a villain whose ability to control the weather was manifested post-particle accelerator explosion in Central City.

The Flash, like its mothership, is an origin story. Geoff Johns, an executive producer on The Flash and DC Comics' chief creative officer, told reporters July 18 that The Flash "is probably the most faithful DC adaptation ever." Producers emphasize that Barry Allen's story will have unexpected detours along the way.

"Viewers will be surprised by what we choose to do," Berlanti assures, referencing last year's big bad on Arrow as a prime lesson. "Slade Wilson was a great example in the first two years of Arrow. Deathstroke was somebody people knew about but we did our own version of it and were able to twist and turn some of those elements."

One of those turns will be an Arrow drop-by in Flash's episode four, which brings Felicity over to Central City. It'll be the first time Oliver Queen's right-hand woman will make an appearance on the new series and Kreisberg promises Felicity will have the same wry humor on The Flash that she does on Arrow. Notes Berlanti, "Even Arrow seems a little bit more hopeful and optimistic when he’s in The Flash pilot."

A two-hour "crossover event" will also take shape during the shows' respective eighth episodes. "There will be a villain in each one that will be more evocative of that show so that will help separate them out. But there'll be an overarching story to the two episodes," Berlanti says. "It’s a first for us. I just know that it’s something, as a fan, I would want desperately."

Ahead of its Oct. 7 debut, The Flash has already booked notable names in key DC roles like Robbie Amell, who starred in Berlanti's shortlived sci-fi drama The Tomorrow People. ("It wouldn't be a superhero show without an Amell," Kreisberg jokes.) Amell appears in The Flash for at least three episodes in the first 13 s one-half of Firestorm, Ronnie Raymond, and Caitlin Snow's presumed-dead fiance. But, there is a chance he'll be sticking around. "I don't want to give too much away with how we're handling [his story] but yes, there's a possibility for more," teases Berlanti.

Introducing Ronnie into The Flash universe early on was in the cards while the pilot was being formulated. "Having Ronnie be Caitlin’s fiancé brings up great story lines for Caitlin and great stories for Barry," Kreisberg says. "Barry is someone who’s learning to love and enjoy his powers and when we meet Ronnie, you’re going to see somebody who’s a lot more damaged by the experience. As always, any of these external characters are there to mirror what’s going on with our core characters.”

The same goes for Prison Break alum Wentworth Miller, who guest-stars in the fourth episode as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, whom Berlanti hopes will return past the one-episode commitment.

With an abundance of DC adaptations on the small screen (Gotham on Fox, Arrow and The Flash on The CW and Constantine on NBC), worrying over the influx is valid. "We always feel like a rising tide lifts all boats, in that the more that there are out thee that are good is great for all of us and that’s good for us," Berlanti says.

At the end of the day, the first season of The Flash is the making-of another superhero. "It's Barry Allen coming to terms both physically and emotionally with what’s happened to him," Kreisberg says. "He’s not really The Flash yet because he’s still in the early days. By the end of the year, he will come to resemble The Flash that we know from the comic books. That’s really the arc for the first year."

All I ask is if he races superman again, please let the flash win.

That was bs. f### you superman!

Reactions: 1 person
The Flash Speed Trap Comic-Con Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuoKFkv6P0c[/youtube]

VN Store

Back