Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Lionsgate

Director:

Written By:

Starring:
Elisabeth Banks

Lionsgate, Saban Brands Partner on 'Power Rangers' Movie Reboot

Lionsgate, Saban Brands Partner on 'Power Rangers' Movie Reboot

The new live-action film will be based on the 1990s TV series about a group of high school kids with superpowers.

TORONTO – Lionsgate is pacting with Saban Brands to do a movie reboot of the iconic Power Rangers TV property.

The mini-studio will produce a live-action film based on the 1990s TV series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

The new movie franchise will bring back a group of high school kids with superpowers they must harness and use as a team to save the world.

"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level,” said Saban Brands head Haim Saban said in a statement on Wednesday.

"We’re thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise,” said Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer in his own statement.

POWER RANGERS Movie Reboot set up at Lionsgate

POWER RANGERS Movie Reboot set up at Lionsgate

Lionsgate is teaming up with Saban Brands to develop a new Power Rangers movie! The live-action reboot will be based on the original 1990s TV series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

According to THR "the new movie franchise will bring back a group of high school kids with superpowers they must harness and use as a team to save the world."

Power Rangers was always fun to watch growing up. My brothers and I would watch it all the time. Even my young daughters watch it on Netflix every single night, which I think is pretty freakin' cool. It's great seeing them get into this kind of stuff. I'm sure they will be extremely excited to hear that a new movie is being made.

I think Power Rangers could be a huge hit as a movie franchise, and I'm surprised it took them this long to make it happen. Saban Brands head, Haim Saban, had this to say in a statement:

"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level.”

Lionsgate CEO, Jon Feltheimer, added:

"We’re thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise."

Of course they are thrilled! This franchise is going to make them a ridiculous amount of money. Power Rangers is still one of the top-rated and longest running boys series being produced. it will be great following the production news on this and seeing the team they assemble to bring it to life. I'm I'm already kind of excited to see the final product.

Last edited:
I have to admit this could be an awesome film franchise with some actual money behind it and with modern CGI.

Confirmed....the original yellow ranger will be in the film.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
No, no it couldn't.

As a man who grew up on Power Rangers, and who will raise his kids and nephews/nieces with them as well, yes, it very much can.

Hell, I know ten of my buddies right now who'd go watch this movie tomorrow, and we're all in our twenties.

Reactions: 3 people
As a man who grew up on Power Rangers, and who will raise his kids and nephews/nieces with them as well, yes, it very much can.

Hell, I know ten of my buddies right now who'd go watch this movie tomorrow, and we're all in our twenties.

Im 30, i used to watch Power Rangers before school every morning in the 5th and 6th grade. I wouldn't even watch this movie on Netflix.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to live with this when babysitting my niece and nephew when they were little. Somehow I survived, and now, when I finally think the trauma has passed, this?

God must hate me.

By the time PR came around I was in my teens and hated it. But I always thought the appeal was the cheesey fx. Kinda like Godzilla.

I have no idea exactly where in your 20's you are but, at the very least, I'm a few years older than you so I'm sure that has something to do with it but when the original source material is god awful dreck, then I have my doubts about a movie based on it.

It takes a lot of doing to turn any of these nostalgic, cartoon-ish style properties into anything resembling a decent movie, as evidenced by the god awful G.I. Joe, Transformers, and (what I assume will be awful) Ninja Turtles movies. And each of those three at least had some material to pull from, unlike PR.

I loved the power rangers when I was a kid, had the toys and everything and will probably see this for nostalgic Purposes. But I think Voltron would be a better choice for a film franchise.

VN Store

Back