HBO's The Leftovers

If you're going to watch to try and find out what causes the rapture, you're going to be disappointed.

I'm not as interested with the rapture itself as much as I am how society responds to it. Which seems to be, for the most part, what it's about.

There's no doubt I'm intrigued but I just really get the feeling this show won't last so I'm not gonna fall too in love with it.

I'm interested, but I won't know if I like it until they start giving answers....like why did dozens of dogs come out of nowhere and attack the deer like that?

I'm interested, but I won't know if I like it until they start giving answers....like why did dozens of dogs come out of nowhere and attack the deer like that?

They apparently hinted at it earlier when they were burying the first dog. They said the dogs were there when their owners disappeared and unlike us they couldn't rationalize it and just snapped and reverted back to their original way of life. They also said that humans were just taking longer to revert back. Now what I'm curious about is that compound they took the congressman too. I'm getting a mass murderer type feel from them. Wonder if they are in league with the white shirts?

I must have missed that. Not really happy about the explanation. Dogs going crazy, running away, and becoming vicious pack animals because they missed their owner? WTF? Has this ever happened in the history of dogs losing owners?

That's not enough of an explanation. Not saying there isn't a good one they will reveal later.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll keep watching but it has the vibe of that HBO show that was set in San Diego where the crazy surfer dude showed up and was like an innocent child with magic powers, somebody on the show could levitate, etc. I think it was a Milch (Deadwood) story but it just never went anywhere.

I must have missed that. Not really happy about the explanation. Dogs going crazy, running away, and becoming vicious pack animals because they missed their owner? WTF? Has this ever happened in the history of dogs losing owners?

That's not enough of an explanation. Not saying there isn't a good one they will reveal later.

No. These dogs witnessed the actual disappearance. If they either, got set on fire, disappeared like Star Trek or whatever the case is. But that's the mystery!

I disliked that show..surfer jesus stuff right?

I'd say that the promotional poster might support that description:

john-from-cincinnati-poster.jpg

I half paid attention while I watched, what's with the white party smokers group?

So I watched the first episode..did anyone else notice the cops daughter leaving the room after the "choking game" and the guy was face down on the edge of the bed? Was he dead? Was that the best erotic asphyxiation episode ever? I need answers!

I don't think I can deal with a whole season of no one cracking a smile. Appears no one in that town has a sense of humor.

So I watched the first episode..did anyone else notice the cops daughter leaving the room after the "choking game" and the guy was face down on the edge of the bed? Was he dead? Was that the best erotic asphyxiation episode ever? I need answers!

I couldn't tell you, I'm just assuming it doesn't count as there was no actual sex being had there.

Just going off this episode alone, this is going to be a terrible show. Does anyone remember what the sign said in the protesters house? "We don't smoke for enjoyment...."?
I didn't catch the whole thing.

So just to spark up some conversation. If you had people following you around like that and standing outside your house, etc. What would you do?

Go back and watch it with ALL of your attention this time and maybe you'll figure it out then. :hi:

It wasn't interesting enough to keep my attention the first time I watched it, I doubt a second time will go any better. Lol

VN Store

Back