Bluray/DVD Deals discussion

Pulscifer

This is a thread for people to post any deals they may come across on movies/tv series, whether it's a weekly sales ad from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc; or a daily deal from an online retailer like Amazon, Fox Connect, etc.

We have a deals thread for video games, so I thought one for movies would be useful.

Picked up a 4-pack of Scorcese DVDs at Target for $10. Goodfellas, The Aviator, Mean Streets, and The Departed.

Captain Phillips Bluray combo pack is on sale for $14.99 at Best Buy.

Great blind buy for anyone who has yet to see it. And it's the lowest price you'll see for a while.

Reminder: Best Buy and Target both allow price matching from other competitors, including Amazon.

Thanks guys for starting this thread. I'll be lurking about from time to time to see what's up w/the Blu-ray movies.

Releasing this coming Tuesday March 4th, 2014
EDIT: Philomena (Will not be releasing this week as originally scheduled!)

12 Years A Slave (Blu-ray+Digital Copy+UltraViolet) (DVD)
The Last Days On Mars (Blu-ray) (DVD)
Oldboy (Blu-ray + UltraViolet)
Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Friday March 7th) (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital+UltraViolet)

Some First time on Blu-ray releases of note are:

An American Tail
Harry and the Hendersons
Far and Away
Garden State
Hairspray (1988)
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions: 2014 Seattle Seahawks
Intolerable Cruelty
Fried Green Tomatoes
Somewhere in Time (Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour)
The Agony and the Ecstasy (Charlton Heston, Rex Harrison)

Last edited:
12 Years A Slave
Blu-ray $19.99 (Best Buy/Target)
DVD $14.99 (Target)

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Blu-ray $22.99 (Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook) Get both Catching Fire & The Hunger Games Best Buy Exclusive Steelbooks for $27.99

Blu-ray $22.99 (Target exclusive digipack & bonus disc [45 minutes: "One Vision" (A Faithful Adaptation), "The Alliance" (Returning Cast), "Friend or Foe" (New Cast)) (Blu+DVD+UV)

Blu-ray $19.99 Standard Edition (Blu+DVD+UV)

Last edited:
So pumped for Garden State! One of my all-time favorites. Now just need Orange County to come out on Bluray.

Whoever the mod is in this forum, would it be possible to get this thread stickied to the top like in the Gaming forum? Thanks

Releasing on Tuesday March 11th, 2014

Inside Llewyn Davis
The Book Thief
Homefront
Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo

Some other Blu-ray releases of note are:

Hatari (1962, John Wayne, Red Buttons, Directed by Howard Hawks)
El Dorado (1966, John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, James Caan, Directed by Howard Hawks)
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas)
Samson and Delilah (1949, Hedy Lamarr, Victor Mature, George Sanders, Angela Lansbury, Directed by Cecil B. DeMille)
Rebel Without a Cause (1955, James Dean, Natalie Wood)
East of Eden (1955, James Dean, Raymond Massey, Julie Harris, Burl Ives)
Giant (1956, James Dean, Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, Carroll Baker, Dennis Hopper)

BEST BUY - 3/9-3/15

$22.99
Inside Llewyn Davis
Homefront

$19.99
The Book Thief
Out of the Furnace

$17.99
Barbie: The Pearl Princess
12 Years A Slave
Dallas Buyers Club
RUSH
About Time
Riddick

$14.99
Captain Phillips
Prisoners
Bad Grandpa

TARGET - 3/9-3/15

$22.99
The Book Thief (DVD $17.99)

$19.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (DVD $16.99)

$17.99
Barbie: The Pearl Princess (DVD $12.99)

Everyone may not be interested in this but thought I would give a heads up I have already preordered this thanks to the insane deal below from Walmart.com!

Little House on the Prairie - Deluxe Remastered Edition

Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition includes all twenty-four original broadcast length episodes of the premiere season, plus the 96-minute pilot movie. Packed with over 21 hours of content, the Season One set also includes all-new special features including the original screen tests and part one of a newly created six-part documentary that takes a historical look back at the acclaimed series. These treasured Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition Blu-ray and DVD collections will be available for $38.99 and $29.98, respectively.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES (subject to change):

Original Screen Tests from Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert
"The Little House Phenomenon: Part One - A Place in Television History"

Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition
Year of Production: 1974
Rating: TV-G
Genre: TV on DVD
Blu-ray - Closed Captioned: English SDH
DVD - Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles - English and Spanish
Feature Run Time: 1268 minutes
Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
DVD Format: 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
Blu-ray Audio: English 2.0 DTS HD Master Audio, French 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD Audio: English and French 2.0 Dolby Digital

Taken from: Little House on the Prairie - Lionsgate's Press Release

Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition Trailer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lIM557gEm4[/youtube]

Walmart.com currently has both Season One & Season Two for preorder at outstanding prices the SRP for Blu-ray Season One is $34.99 and Season Two is $39.99 so you can't beat these deals!

Blu-ray Season One
Blu-ray+Digial - $18.96 :rock:
DVD+Digital - $16.96

Blu-ray Season Two
Blu-ray+Digial - $17.96 :rock:
DVD+Digital - $14.96

You're better off downloading to an external hard drive. DVD's are like coasters.

You're better off downloading to an external hard drive. DVD's are like coasters.

I agree that's why Blu-ray is the way to go! If you have your setup right the Picture/Sound Quality of Blu-ray is still much, much better than HD online streaming!!

Bought the two-movie Blu-Ray set of Hunger Games and Catching Fire for $29.99 at The Evil Empire (Wal Mart)

Bought the two-movie Blu-Ray set of Hunger Games and Catching Fire for $29.99 at The Evil Empire (Wal Mart)

I ordered the two Steelbooks from Best Buy for $27.99. I already had the Hunger Games Target exclusive from a couple years ago but I couldn't pass up the 2 for $27.99 deal!

It looks like I will be getting Saving Mr. Banks and Frozen from Walmart on Tuesday. Walmart's Frozen Exclusive is a Disney Infinity figure with the Blu-ray. Two different ones are supposed to be available.

Walmart.com has already sold out of these!
0078693684134_500X500.jpg

0078693684132_500X500.jpg

This past Monday 3/10 I was in Best Buy & picked up "Jack the Giant Slayer" on blu-ray for $9.99. Watched the movie last night (Thursday) & I would give it 8/10 just for the special effects alone. I thought the CGI on the giants were pretty amazing. But I thought the movie was too short. Just a good movie for a rainy day & nothing else to watch on TV.

VN Store

Back