Black Sails

I saw the preview of this tonight at the movie theater. I think this looks really good.

Apparently you can watch the first episode On Demand right now. I'd rather not though. I want to wait until the premiere.

Can't wait surprised this didn't happen sooner with the success of POTC bringing back the pirates genre.

Odd that this is a brand new show and they're airing it on Saturday.

what little bit of it I watched last night, it was on AudHD channel on Direct and it was edited, it was pretty good...I am going to watch it tonight on Starz

I'll give it another couple weeks but wasn't impressed with the first episode.

Enjoyed it. Treasure Island was a favorite book and movie when I was a kid and it will hopefully do it justice. The guy playing Silver looks like a younger version of the actor from the 50's Treasure Island.

Can I get any takers on a bet to see if they use that drop kick Murphy's song at some point?

Looks like Charles Vane and Capt. Flint are eventually going to team up. That's what I was hoping for, I like Vane even though he's a bad guy.

Anyone keeping up? It's turning out to be a very good show. Much more dramatic and focused on character depth than I thought it would be.

Haven't seen last weeks episode yet. For whatever reason I find myself skipping over it in the DVR list and picking other things to watch. Not sure if it's the pace or I'm just not that interested.

Haven't seen last weeks episode yet. For whatever reason I find myself skipping over it in the DVR list and picking other things to watch. Not sure if it's the pace or I'm just not that interested.

It gets better. I muscled it out because I'm desperate for a new show. Now I can honestly say I am enjoying it. It's getting tense and I feel like it's about to get really good.

It gets better. I muscled it out because I'm desperate for a new show. Now I can honestly say I am enjoying it. It's getting tense and I feel like it's about to get really good.

It was bothering me for a while of why that one captain looks familiar, the one that just lost his crew. He looks like a Baldwin, like he could actually be one of the Baldwin brothers.

So do you think Billy is really dead? I actually really liked his character.

He's not dead.

*SPOILER ALERT*

(He was in the book Treasure Island which takes place after Black Sails)

I didn't think he was. He did have the crippled ship and the Scarborough that could have picked him up out of the water.

The real question is did he really fall off from the attack or did the captain push him? I think they want you to think the captain pushed him but he didn't.

Season Finale was good. I think this was a really good show that went under the radar. I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it.

VN Store

Back