The lies of Tv shows and Movies

firestorm

While tv shows and movies are mainly to entertain not educate people there is information shown that is obviously bullcrap in the real world.

In vast action movies people falll down and die after getting shot once.
In the real world unless the person is shot in the head, heart, or some other major organ they won't fall down and die instantly.

Breaking glass is a painless process with bare knuckles.
This was made fun of in the movie Last action hero when Jack was in the real world.
It would be freakin painful in the real world possibly broken bones or glass in the skin.

Last edited:
"In vast action movies people fall down and die after getting shot once".

It's the opposite of this that drives me crazy. Walking through a hail of gunfire at 15 feet and never getting hit or your car blows up and you walk away. Or the dang atomic bomb in the heel of your shoe goes of and your shown walking off into the sunset with it still on your foot........

"In vast action movies people fall down and die after getting shot once".

It's the opposite of this that drives me crazy. Walking through a hail of gunfire at 15 feet and never getting hit or your car blows up and you walk away. Or the dang atomic bomb in the heel of your shoe goes of and your shown walking off into the sunset with it still on your foot........

Also when getting shot at by multiple enemies you can easily dodge it.
In the real world a person would be killed when being shot at by multiple humans unable to dodge the gunfire.

To be honest almost nothing firearms related is portrayed with much accuracy in cinema. Another example being people often shown taking cover behind something that wouldn't stop a .22LR in the real world but is effective against AK-47's and the like.

Reactions: LouderVol
The dorky guy getting the hot chick in the end because he's a good guy. Total Lie

Reactions: 4 people
To be honest almost nothing firearms related is portrayed with much accuracy in cinema. Another example being people often shown taking cover behind something that wouldn't stop a .22LR in the real world but is effective against AK-47's and the like.

More Bullcrap
Spinning a loaded gun isn't dangerous.
Shooting a person from a far distance is easy. This could include what's shown in cowboy movies or non cowboy movies.

Like juggling knives it's freakin dangerous that could result in the gun getting shot either injuring yourself or others.
Without a targeting system this is not something thar is easy.

In walking tall the rock's character breaks his leg or something around his leg but then gets up like nothing happen several seconds later.
Is this bullcrap considering the information known about the human body?

If water is below you, then you'll be fine from jumping from any height.

People talking during skydiving.

Pretty much how fights are shown. You take some of those punches in real life there's a good chance you never wake up.

The dorky guy getting the hot chick in the end because he's a good guy. Total Lie

An offshoot-going over the top with some romantic approach is something girls really dig. You try most of the "leading man romantic stunts" found in any number of romcoms and you might be looking at a restraining order...or worse.

An offshoot-going over the top with some romantic approach is something girls really dig. You try most of the "leading man romantic stunts" found in any number of romcoms and you might be looking at a restraining order...or worse.

Yep.

A woman can date a man and turn the bad boy into a good man.
This gets proven to be crap in the real world.

What I like about you tv show: There is a guy that dressed like a bad boy and got a hot girl on his arm because of that.
Dressing like a bad boy is not going to result in getting a hot girl on your arm as if it's a irresistible magnet to hot girls.
If that were the case vast guys would be using it at bars, beaches and other places.

I've added commercials. I know that products and companies to be sold but there is stuff that gets shown that is obviously bullcrap.

State Farm Commercials
A person saying like a good neighbor State Farm is there then a sandwich, pool, or other things with the person saying what they want which instantly appear as if State Farm is a genie.
All this is bullcrap as this will not result in these things instantly appearing. If they did State Farm would be called the greatest insurance company in the world, Pacific life, Allstate, progressive, and all others would be out of business.

Reactions: 1 person
Any auto dealership. It's never the price they say on TV, and giving you the max on your trade-in is BS.

Yep.

A woman can date a man and turn the bad boy into a good man.
This gets proven to be crap in the real world.

What I like about you tv show: There is a guy that dressed like a bad boy and got a hot girl on his arm because of that.
Dressing like a bad boy is not going to result in getting a hot girl on your arm as if it's a irresistible magnet to hot girls.
If that were the case vast guys would be using it at bars, beaches and other places.

Sadly, this DOES work. it just, stops working about second semester of college for most girls.

Any auto dealership. It's never the price they say on TV, and giving you the max on your trade-in is BS.

The louder and more excited they speak, the better deal you're getting.

In action movies, and antagonist and protagonist normally take a ton of damage and are always okay to the very end.

"yeah, I got shot in the leg, but we have to run because this building is about to explode!"

Or people simply firing a pistol accurately with just one hand at someone 50 yards away.

Or hearing a gun fire from a distance and then the bullet hits the victim.

In action movies, and antagonist and protagonist normally take a ton of damage and are always okay to the very end.

"yeah, I got shot in the leg, but we have to run because this building is about to explode!"

Or in fist fights, how every punch would end a normal fight, but the hero takes like 30 of those and then wins.

Sadly, this DOES work. it just, stops working about second semester of college for most girls.

You mean when they realize it's a sham?

Axe body spray
It's not a babe magnet like it shows in the commercials not freakin at all.
But then to show mega crap or mile high crap that outdoes all other bullcrap for advertising on a huge level even angels will fall.
From what I saw on commercials it's darn clear they meant the beings with wings. I seriously don't understand why they did this it's writing a huge freakin check they can't cash like saying you can throw a Nfl football over 900 yards.

You can say time out and everything freezes.
This was shown in Saved by the Bell, and maybe several other tv shows or movies.
In the real world this doesn't result in everything freezing .

Bullcrap:A group under 23 can easily take over a Navy Ship.
In movie notes of Under Siege it said this would be near impossible because of the vast amount of people on the ship.

Bullcrap:Drop a hair dryer in a bathtub and you'll get the ability to hear what women are thinking from the movie What are women want.
In the real world this would result in very likely death.

Bullcrap: Problems get solved in a short amount of time as shown in the tv show Growing Pains.
There can be problems that get solved in a short amount of time it's not something the majority of times happens.

You mean when they realize it's a sham?

Axe body spray
It's not a babe magnet like it shows in the commercials not freakin at all.
But then to show mega crap or mile high crap that outdoes all other bullcrap for advertising on a huge level even angels will fall.
From what I saw on commercials it's darn clear they meant the beings with wings. I seriously don't understand why they did this it's writing a huge freakin check they can't cash like saying you can throw a Nfl football over 900 yards.

Please tell me you bought it thinking it would be a babe magnet.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back