Chicago P.D.

I liked it

So did I. Seems like the shield Chicago style.

Maybe they'll show the water tower place, Giordanos, undo Chicago grill, Pizzanos, or any other kickass restaurant that serves the topnotch Chicago deepdish pizza.
I say the first three from Giordanos because I've hate at all three

The first scene looks like the area I see below the Ohare airport.

Next episode a honest cop's son is kidnapped, and looks like he'll be breaking rules to get his son back.

So did I. Seems like the shield Chicago style.

Maybe they'll show the water tower place, Giordanos, undo Chicago grill, Pizzanos, or any other kickass restaurant that serves the topnotch Chicago deepdish pizza.
I say the first three from Giordanos because I've hate at all three

The first scene looks like the area I see below the Ohare airport.

Next episode a honest cop's son is kidnapped, and looks like he'll be breaking rules to get his son back.

Jumping the shark in episode 2, huh?

For those that might not know this is a spinoff from Chicago Fire now in its second season on NBC!

Watched the "Pilot" and was surprised it's pretty good of course I am already used to several of the characters from Chicago Fire. It was also good to see some of those characters as well and I wonder how much we will continue to see them spread between both shows?

My big problem is I can't stand Sgt. Voight and now he is considered the good guy now on CPD.

The ending was surprising just when you thought you were getting to know a series regular and boom.

One more thing Casey Jones (Elias Koteas) is getting old!

Watched the "Pilot" and was surprised it's pretty good of course I am already used to several of the characters from Chicago Fire. It was also good to see some of those characters as well and I wonder how much we will continue to see them spread between both shows?

My big problem is I can't stand Sgt. Voight and now he is considered the good guy now on CPD.

The ending was surprising just when you thought you were getting to know a series regular and boom.

One more thing Casey Jones (Elias Koteas) is getting old!

They are apparently going to do a SVU cross-over episode some time next month.

What do you mean?

Hoping they show the dirty politics of chitown, and the Chicago outfit.
I'm a sucker for the mob in entertainment.

It seems to me that if a cop's kid got kidnapped, that would make national news. I've never heard of that happening. If that's what happens in episode 2, where do they go from there to keep the show exciting?

Pretty solid. Better than other Dick Wolf spin-offs. Think it last 2-3 season like 3rd Watch. Agree on Sophia Bush.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Have no intention of watching this show. If they had chosen ANYONE other than the Voight character from Chicago Fire to do a spin-off on I'd have bitten, but Forget it. Who the hell does a spin-off show using a villain from another show? NBC does.

Have no intention of watching this show. If they had chosen ANYONE other than the Voight character from Chicago Fire to do a spin-off on I'd have bitten, but Forget it. Who the hell does a spin-off show using a villain from another show? NBC does.

I thought the same thing but it was very good in my opinion plus it has some of the good cops in it from Chicago Fire like Dawson's brother and the undercover guy who was working with that mob boss that tried to burn down the bar.

It seems to me that if a cop's kid got kidnapped, that would make national news. I've never heard of that happening. If that's what happens in episode 2, where do they go from there to keep the show exciting?

I think they'll be multiple episodes where the cops have to choose to cross the line or not.
From what I've seen this looks like it'll be the shield in Chicago.

Hitmen sent after them when going after a Drug Lord.

Maybe one of the cops needs money for surgery for a family member and a dirty politician is offering to pay for it.

A dirty cop that is making money from the drugs, and knows how to throw people of his trail.

That didn't take long!

'Chicago P.D.' Ties for Number 1 Broadcast Show at 10PM, 'Law & Order SVU' Up 29 Percent on NBC

via press note:

With its week-to-week gain of a tenth of a rating point or 7% during its third week on the air, "Chicago P.D." becomes the first new drama on the Big 4 nets this season to grow week to week in adults 18-49 during its first three weeks on the schedule (pending updates).

From 10:01-11 p.m. ET, “Chicago P.D.” (1.6/5 in 18-49, 6.3 million viewers overall) tied for #1 in the 10 p.m. hour among ABC, CBS and NBC in adults 18-49, as well as men and women 18-49, and ranked #1 outright among those nets in adults, men and women 18-34. “Chicago P.D.” grew 7% week to week in adults 18-49 and retained 88% of last night's lead-in from “SVU.” In total viewers, "Chicago P.D." is up 14% week to week (6.269 million vs. 5.505 million), with last night's telecast retaining 94% of "Chicago P.D.'s" lead-in from "SVU."

In its first three weeks on the schedule, “Chicago P.D.” has now generated NBC’s three best 18-49 and total-viewer results in the time period, excluding “Saturday Night Live” specials, since Sept. 25, 2013.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (1.8/5 in adults 18-49, 6.6 million viewers overall from 9-10:01 p.m. ET) jumped week to week by 29% in adults 18-49 (to a 1.8 rating from a 1.4) and by 22% or 1.2 million persons in total viewers (6.636 million vs. 5.435 million).

Last night's "SVU" built on its lead-in from “Revolution” by 20% in 18-49 rating and by 25% in total viewers. “SVU” held steady or grew in every key measure from half-hour to half-hour, including gains of 6% in adults 18-49 (to a 1.9 rating from a 1.8), 14% in adults 25-54 (2.4 vs. 2.1) and 12% in total viewers (7.0 million vs. 6.3 million).

"Revolution” (1.5/4 in adults 18-49 and 5.3 million viewers overall from 8-9 p.m. ET) matched its highest 18-49 rating since Oct. 2, during the season’s second week (1.6). Last night's "Revolution" grew week to week by 15% in adults 18-49( to a 1.5 rating vs. a 1.3) and 11% in total viewers (5.295 million vs. 4.780 million).

L+3 Time Shifting: Last week’s editions of NBC’s Wednesday dramas were all significantly time-shifted: “Revolution” grew by 54% going from these next-day "live plus same day" ratings to "live plus three day" (to a 2.02 from a 1.31), “SVU” grew by 50% (2.18 vs. 1.45) and “Chicago P.D.” increased by 49% (2.17 vs. 1.46).

NBC’s ‘Chicago P.D.’ Gets 2 Extra Episodes
NBC’s ‘Chicago P.D.’ Gets 2 Extra Episodes

This is what two consecutive weeks of ratings gains would get you — NBC has ordered two more episodes of midseason drama Chicago P.D., bringing the total to 15 episodes. It is unusual for midseason shows to get extra episodes as they often had already wrapped production by the time they begin airing but Chicago Fire spinoff started filming relatively late because its producers had to get Season 2 of the mothership series going first. Chicago P.D. was not scheduled to wrap its original 13-episode order until Feb. 20 and will now remain in production for two more episodes. Through its first four weeks, the freshman has averaged a 1.7 rating in 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers in Live+same day. It became the first new drama on the Big 4 this season to generate ratings increases with two of its first three telecasts after the premiere.

Ahead of tomorrow nights Season Finale, NBC announced this morning to expect more crossovers!

‘Chicago Fire’ season 3 will feature more ‘Law & Order: SVU,’ ‘Chicago PD’ crossovers

‘Chicago Fire’ season 3 will feature more ‘Law & Order: SVU,’ ‘Chicago PD’ crossovers

Dick Wolf is going to be a pretty happy guy this fall, given that he will have an opportunity to celebrate having a whopping three shows on NBC at the same time. Thanks to this, there are going to be opportunities for these three shows to all work as a part of the same team from time to time.

While at the NBC upfront presentation today, network programming head Robert Greenblatt explained that “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago PD,” and also “Law & Order: SVU” could continue to have crossover episodes like they had this spring. We saw Sophia Bush appear on all three shows, and many of the other actors occasionally hopped back and forth depending on what was going on with the story.

In theory, all of this is pretty well and good. It is a nice incentive to ensure that many people watch all three shows, but we still feel the same way about including “SVU” in here: It doesn’t quite work most of the time. This show has been around so much longer that it feels like its own institution, and thanks to it being located in a completely different part of the country, it doesn’t feel like there would be all that many opportunities for everyone to really work together in the first place.

Still, we have to at least be happy to date with the fact that there are more and more shows like this that are on the air to give TV that old-school feeling. While they are procedurals and not everyone loves these in the modern day and age, these are procedurals done right.

It's great to have a Chicago crime drama tv show filled on location in Chicago. I know there was the Chicago code but fox was determined to kill that which they did.

I'm hoping they do have on locations of the famous pizza restaurants UNO Chicago Grill, Giordanos.
Also the Hershey store if you want chocolate this chocolate heaven.

New York is so damn overdone in the crime drama genre and other genres.
I saw the preview for the upcoming episode, and it looks great they've reached the hornets nest of a drug lord, and the cartel has a hostage.
No doubt the officer is going to be forced to do some dreadful stuff or the hostage gets killed.

'The Blacklist', 'Chicago Fire', 'Chicago P.D.', 'Grimm' & 'Law & Order: SVU' Renewed by NBC

NBC RENEWS DRAMAS ‘THE BLACKLIST,’ ‘Chicago Fire,’ ‘CHICAGO P.D.,’ LAW & ORDER: SVU’ AND ‘Grimm’ FOR 2015-16 SEASON

Network Ranks #1 Among Big 4 Competition This Season in Adults 18-49 and All Key Demos

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — Feb. 5, 2015 — NBC has announced it’s renewing dramas “The Blacklist” (season 3), “Chicago Fire” (season 4), “Chicago P.D.” (season 3), “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (season 17) and “Grimm” (season 5) for the 2015-16 season.

For the 2014-15 season to date, NBC ranks #1 among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 and all other key demographics. NBC’s 2.9 average rating for the season in adults 18-49 is the network’s highest through 19 weeks of the season since 2008-09 (3.1).

“The creative vision of the executive producers who’ve guided these outstanding dramas has been nothing short of incredible,” said Jennifer Salke, President, NBC Entertainment. “We’re highly appreciative of the passion they bring to their shows at every step of the creative process and we’re thrilled to reward that dedication with these renewals.”

“The Blacklist,” which is moving to its new 9 p.m. Thursday timeslot this week, is averaging a 5.1 rating, 15 share in adults 18-49 and 17.4 million viewers so far this season, according to “most current” averages from Nielsen Media Research. Boosted by its Feb. 2 post-Super Bowl telecast, “Blacklist” currently ranks #2 among Big 4 entertainment program this season in adults 18-49 behind only CBS’s “Big Bang Theory” and is the #4 entertainment series in total viewers. “The Blacklist” delivers the biggest average increase in television of time-shifted viewers going from next-day “live plus same day” ratings to “live plus seven day” results, increasing by 6.3 million viewers.

“The Blacklist” stars Emmy Award winner James Spader as ex-government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington, formerly one of the FBI’s Most Wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was known by many as “The Concierge of Crime” and now the FBI work for him as he identifies a “blacklist” of politicians, mobsters, spies and international terrorists. He will help catch them all… with the caveat that Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone) continues to work as his partner.

“The Blacklist, from Sony Pictures Television and Davis Entertainment, also stars Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold, Amir Arison and Mozhan Marno.

At 10 p.m. Tuesdays, “Chicago Fire” is delivering a 2.8 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49 and 10.1 million viewers overall this season, making it NBC’s #2 drama in both measures. “Chicago Fire” has ranked #1 or tied for #1 in 18-49 among the time period’s dramas on ABC, CBS and NBC through 11 of 13 original telecasts so far this season.

From Emmy winner Dick Wolf, “Chicago Fire” is an edge-of-your-seat view into the lives of everyday heroes committed to one of America’s noblest professions. For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death.

The series, from Universal Television and Wolf Films, also stars Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Eamonn Walker, Monica Raymund, Kara Kilmer, Charlie Barnett, David Eigenberg, Yuri Sardarov, Joe Minoso and Christian Stolte.

Airing at 10 p.m. Wednesdays, “Chicago P.D.” is earning a 2.3 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 9.4 million viewers overall this season, for gains versus last season of +10% in 18-49 and +14% in total viewers. “Chicago P.D.” has finished #1 or tied for #1 among ABC, CBS and NBC in the time period with five of its last six original broadcasts through Feb. 2.

From Dick Wolf and the team behind the hit series “Chicago Fire,” ‘Chicago P.D.” is a riveting police drama about the men and women of the Chicago Police Department’s elite Intelligence Unit, combatting the city’s most heinous offenses — organized crime, drug trafficking, high-profile murders and beyond.

The series, from Universal Television and Wolf Films, stars Jason Beghe as gritty and determined Det. Sgt. Hank Voight. Also starring are Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Elias Koteas, Patrick John Flueger, LaRoyce Hawkins, Marina Squerciati, Amy Morton and Brian Geraghty.

The longest-running drama on television set to enter its 17th season in the fall, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” is averaging a 2.5 rating, 7 share in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers. That matches the show’s highest 18-49 rating at this point in the season in four years (since earning a 2.8 in 2010-11). In total viewers, “Law & Order: SVU” is up +10% this season versus last (9.5 million vs. 8.7 million), and is delivering its biggest overall audience at this point in the season in six years (since averaging 10.5 million in 2008-09).

Also from Universal Television and Wolf Films, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” chronicles the life and crimes of the Special Victims Unit of the New York City Police Department, an elite squad of detectives who investigate sexually based crimes.

The series stars Emmy and Golden Globe winner Mariska Hargitay as Sgt, Olivia Benson, acting commander of the SVU. Also starring are Ice-T, Danny Pino, Kelli Giddish, Raúl Esparza and Peter Scanavino.

A Friday night success story, “Grimm” has averaged a 2.1 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers overall so far this season, making it Friday’s #1 scripted series in 18-49 on the Big 4 networks. “Grimm” is one of the most time-shifted shows on broadcast television, with its originals growing by an average of +83% going from “live plus same day” Nielsens to “live plus seven day.”

“Grimm” is inspired by the classic Grimm Brothers’ fairy tales. The series stars David Giuntoli as Portland homicide detective Nick Burkhardt, who discovers he’s descended from an elite line of criminal profilers known as Grimms and increasingly finds his responsibilities as a detective at odds with his new responsibilities as a Grimm.

The series, from Universal Television and Hazy Mills Productions, also stars Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz, Bree Turner and Claire Coffee.

Chicago PD is began to gain traction as they started developing the characters. I like it now. At first it came off just as another cop show. Now the back stories drive it more.

So that probably wasn't just part of the story with season 4 finale!

Chicago P.D. female lead Sophia Bush is leaving the NBC cop drama series after four seasons. She is the second key Chicago P.D. player to depart, along with co-creator/showrunner Matt Olmstead, who left in March.

VN Store

Back