Psych

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Season premier tonight. I love this show. It's pretty silly, but it's funny and I love the pop culture references. Dule Hill has to be one of the most likable people in Hollywood. Anybody else watch?

Reactions: NEO and CagleMtnVol
Only show I watch every week not sports related

It's a great show. I love their nods to movies and other tv shows. I especially love their slamming of "The Mentalist." Hilarious.

Always loved this show. Tough to pick favorite episodes but the tap dancing episode that also included a cameo by Danielle Harris (bit of a crush there) as the saucy lab tech was a good one. The Yin/Yang episodes with Ally Sheedy could be both funny and dark. The talent show episode with Tim Curry as a sort of Simon Cowell is fun. My favorite might be when Shawn becomes a Spanish soap-opera star...that or when they go undercover as models.

If your humor runs to the quirky side and enjoy pop culture references it's an easy show to like.

Always loved this show. Tough to pick favorite episodes but the tap dancing episode that also included a cameo by Danielle Harris (bit of a crush there) as the saucy lab tech was a good one. The Yin/Yang episodes with Ally Sheedy could be both funny and dark. The talent show episode with Tim Curry as a sort of Simon Cowell is fun. My favorite might be when Shawn becomes a Spanish soap-opera star...that or when they go undercover as models.

If your humor runs to the quirky side and enjoy pop culture references it's an easy show to like.

I was blown away by Guster's talent...which reminds me as well of another great episode with his college a capella group. Sean was so funny in that episode.

The best comedy on cable TV for me by far.

I've probably seen every episode at least a few times. I'll be really bummed if this ends up being the last season.

Reactions: 1 person
Noooooooo! :cray:

'Psych' Season 8 will be the final season, but Shawn and Gus may return

'Psych' Season 8 will be the final season, but Shawn and Gus may return

It's official, "Psych"-Os: No more of everyone's favorite detective agency after the conclusion of Season 8 in March. Grab your pineapple-shaped tissue box, and let's hug it out.

USA announced Wednesday (Feb. 5) that "The Breakup" (what a sadly appropriate title) will mark the end of "Psych's" successful run on USA on March 26. It will be followed by a live, one-hour "Psych After Show" special, which will feature a Q&A with creator Steve Franks and the entire cast.

Interestingly, USA Network president Chris McCumber says in a statement, "'Psych' has made an indelible imprint on the television landscape, with a unique brand of comedy. The final season celebrates the iconic characters that have made this show so beloved, and will be an exclamation point on the series' incredible run. And while the series will wrap in March somehow I don't believe we've heard the last of Shawn and Gus."

Take from that what you will -- there's no additional information as to what McCumber might mean. But below, watch a special message from stars James Roday and Dulé Hill to all the "Psych"-Os out there.

"Thank you, Psych-Os. This has been an unbelievable run," says Roday. "And this final season --" "Is for you," finishes Hill.

"Psych" airs Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT on USA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yip88OO0qGc[/youtube]

It sucks, but it's not terribly surprising, and at least they're going out on top.

I still think there might be some kind of movie in the future.

Damn watched tonight's show and realized how much I'm going to miss this show. Btw what happend to Jules?

Damn watched tonight's show and realized how much I'm going to miss this show. Btw what happend to Jules?

She left to be on another show. In real life she's dated Shawn for several years (James Roday) so I'm guessing they broke up.

On last weeks episode she took Chief Vick's offer to go to San Fransisco to become her Chief Detective. That's how Lassiter became the Chief in Santa Barbra.

The last two episodes have been good but it seems that most of the season has been pretty bad. IMO

It seems that most of the season Shawn & Gus has been more childish and not taking cases as seriously as they used to and to be honest I haven't liked that.

Last night's episode was one of the better one's of the season. IMO
I noticed it was directed by James Roday.

Now one episode remaining!

What did every one think of the finale? I personally thought the first part was a little silly but the last half wrapped it in a nice bow!

Loved the cameo guest stars Val Kilmer, Billy Zane (over the top as usual) and the real "Bud" from the Cosby show! I also loved the little nod to "Monk" toward the end and half expected Tony Shalhoub to come around the corner and say something silly.

Probably the biggest thing that brought a smile to my face was seeing Lassiter stop the DVD & break it!

I really liked the after show as well!

Last edited:
:) :rock:

Psych returning for Christmas movie!

One of USA Network’s longest-running series, Psych, is coming back to the network with a holiday movie. The film, from Universal Cable Productions, hails from Psych creator Steve Frank and will feature the series’ core cast led by James Roday and Dulé Hill.

They will be joined by Maggie Lawson, Corbin Benson, Kirsten Nelson as well as fan favorite Timothy Omundson, who is on the mend, recovering after a stroke. The script is being adjusted to accommodate him.

Fake psychic detective Shawn Spencer (Roday) and his best friend, Burton “Gus” Guster (Hill), will team up again for the two-hour Psych: The Movie, which will start production next week for a premiere in December. Franks co-wrote the movie with Roday and also will direct the special.

Lassiter (Omundson), Juliet (Lawson), Henry (Bernsen) and Chief Vick (Nelson) also will return for the movie, which picks up three years after the series finale as the gang reunites after a mystery assailant targets one of their own. Psych aired from 2006-14.

“Psych is a beloved part of our USA family, and what better time to reunite with family than the holidays?” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks, at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “Steve and James have taken the unique brand of comedy that the series honed over eight seasons and packed it in to a two-hour movie that successfully rekindles one of the greatest bromances in television history.”

Ever since Psych ended its successful eight-season run on USA, there has been talk about reuniting the cast for a movie. While USA also attempted a reunion movie for its first hit original series Monk, which was never made for budgetary reasons, the Psych movie has come to fruition. It helps that Psych is produced by USA sibling UCP.

“Psych has an absolutely phenomenal and constantly refreshing fan base,” said UCP president Jeff Wachtel. “Steve, James, Dulé and the rest of the gang are all returning for a delightful holiday movie that will not – nay, dare not – disappoint!”

Psych: The Movie is executive produced by Franks, Roday and Hill, along with Chris Henze and Kelly Kulchak via Tagline Pictures. The special is from Universal Cable Productions in association with Tagline.

I hadn't heard about the actor who played Lassiter suffering a stroke.:cray:

Now that was a great show. Their Twin Peaks episode was incredible.

Never watched it... It on Netflix?

Never watched it... It on Netflix?

If you love 80s pop culture references and aren't bothered by their silliness, you'll like it. When I first started watching it, I thought Shawn would get on my nerves, but I love it.

It is not on Netflix.

VN Store

Back