HBO's True Detective

Yeah I can't wait. Surely with WH and MM it can't miss.

It's going to have Alexandra Daddario in it as well which will make it worth watching regardless.

Since the previews look good I bet this show will rock. I remembe when Game of Thrones was teased and I thought it looked like some lame dungeons and dragons nerd garbage that would be hokey.

Several reviews are out, and the show has received critical acclaim. Looking forward to checking this out!

I don't care for him. He does have a knack for picking some pretty good projects, I'm just tired of seeing the exact same personality in every flick.

I don't care for him. He does have a knack for picking some pretty good projects, I'm just tired of seeing the exact same personality in every flick.

He may have been the best part of Wolf of Wall Street, imo. He's one of my favorite actors.

I'm all about Harrelson. MM is a deterrent, IMO.

I'll give one surprise movie, that sort of turned me around to MM--The Lincoln Lawyer.

No, it's nothing ground breaking, but it was SIGNIFICANTLY better than I expected (which was little to nothing) and MM's performance in it was strong.

He and Harrelson...yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.

Im with you. A Time To Kill also.

Dazed and Confused and A Time to Kill were my first two experiences with MM, and he was awesome. Lincoln Lawyer, Mud, etc. would have been on the same level had they been my first experience (both good, though), but I just feel like I've seen that character too many times.

There are some actors I like who can only do one personality (Bruce Willis), but for some reason it doesn't work for me when it comes to MM.

I disliked MM when he was making rom-com after rom-com. There was a period where it seemed almost every movie he made was one, and those really got old because he definitely was playing the same role in all of those.

But after Tropic Thunder or so, he's been awesome. Lincoln Lawyer I caught on Netflix Instant and thought it was way better than I thought it would be. He's also done a lot of more independent type films lately and he's been good in all of them.

And he went all Christian Bale and got freaky skinny.

I disliked MM when he was making rom-com after rom-com. There was a period where it seemed almost every movie he made was one, and those really got old because he definitely was playing the same role in all of those.

But after Tropic Thunder or so, he's been awesome. Lincoln Lawyer I caught on Netflix Instant and thought it was way better than I thought it would be. He's also done a lot of more independent type films lately and he's been good in all of them.

And he went all Christian Bale and got freaky skinny.

He got skinny for a movie role, he talked about it last night on Fallon.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it as well. Quick cool story bro. Was able to hang out with Woody Harrelson a few times while he was in Memphis filming Larry Flint. Saw him at a small party and ended up inviting him to play basketball with our group while in town. Gave him my home # and friends basically laughed at me. I was living at home after college while working for next to nothing. Phone rings @ 11 pm the next night. Mom tells me it's for me and I ask who and she says, "it's Woolly". Only thing I can think of is that we had a friend nicknamed Shaggy and I think she got confused somehow.
Nice guy. Weird dude. Most of his films fit his querky personality perfectly. He about got his ass whipped though by a guy named Ricky McCoy, a police officer that played with us and played for Memphis State in Dana Kirk days and nicknamed Tricky Ricky. Terrible player and really only @ 5'7-5'8 ish.

Looking forward to it as well. Quick cool story bro. Was able to hang out with Woody Harrelson a few times while he was in Memphis filming Larry Flint. Saw him at a small party and ended up inviting him to play basketball with our group while in town. Gave him my home # and friends basically laughed at me. I was living at home after college while working for next to nothing. Phone rings @ 11 pm the next night. Mom tells me it's for me and I ask who and she says, "it's Woolly". Only thing I can think of is that we had a friend nicknamed Shaggy and I think she got confused somehow.
Nice guy. Weird dude. Most of his films fit his querky personality perfectly. He about got his ass whipped though by a guy named Ricky McCoy, a police officer that played with us and played for Memphis State in Dana Kirk days and nicknamed Tricky Ricky. Terrible player and really only @ 5'7-5'8 ish.

So white men really can't jump?

My sister has awesome connections. She does hair at a high end salon in NYC. She's close friends with Amy Shumer and Aidy Bryant (SNL). She's hung out with Will Ferrell and WH together a few times...she said Woody is so down to earth. The last thing he wants to talk about is being in the movies. Just wants to act like a regular guy.

He told me at the time he was about to do some stuff with hemp and i believe he got arrested or did something different soon thereafter.
And he's one of those guys that you don't want to guard you on a court. A lot of hustle but all elbows and knees. Awkward runner.

VN Store

Back