Superman vs Batman movie coming in 2015!

AllVolForLife_16

Man Of Steel director Zack Snyder confirmed that the film is happening, and that the Dark Knight will be heavily involved in this Man Of Steel sequel. The overall vibe is that Superman and Batman will appear as enemies throughout the majority of the film as they're both in the beginning stage as heroes, and when they cross paths, fireworks will happen. Cavill will reprise his role as Superman and Snyder will return to direct the sequel, but don't expect to see Bale as Batman. They want to introduce a new face as Batman to reboot the series. Check out the link below for more info on the movie! This could be the most epic Superhero film ever made!

Superman Will Fight Batman in 'Man of Steel' Sequel | Movies News | Rolling Stone

Batman punches you and you get thrown a few feet. Superman punches and you get thrown miles away.

This is true, but you should read The Dark Knight Returns. You will like Batman's chances much more.

I am not sure how I feel about Batman and Superman somewhat fighting each other. Anyone with more comic knowledge than myself, did they fight in the comics at some point?

so it's going to be the superhero equivalent of a buddy movie? Lethal Weapon only with x-ray vision and a batmobile? Then an enemy shows up that poses a greater threat than their rivalry, they overcome their differences and unite against a common foe, win, and we're left with the Shwarma scene from the Avengers.

if it isn't done right, this is going to be a colossal disaster

so it's going to be the superhero equivalent of a buddy movie? Lethal Weapon only with x-ray vision and a batmobile? Then an enemy shows up that poses a greater threat than their rivalry, they overcome their differences and unite against a common foe, win, and we're left with the Shwarma scene from the Avengers.

This seems spot on. I think it's a lame idea.

I am not sure how I feel about Batman and Superman somewhat fighting each other. Anyone with more comic knowledge than myself, did they fight in the comics at some point?

Mostly they are friends. There have been a handful of times when they have had differences.

In The Dark Knight Returns there is an epic battle between the two as Superman has become a government stooge. The writer of that series, Frank Miller (who also wrote 300 and Sin City), does not think the two characters would get along and writes them as such whenever he gets a chance. Kingdom Come is another story where the two had a clash of ideals. Both are stories set in the future when Wayne is old and bitter.

Almost every comic book crossover ever begins with an initial encounter where the heroes begin fighting each other...

...unless they've already somehow met in a previous crossover

Almost every comic book crossover ever begins with an initial encounter where the heroes begin fighting each other...

...unless they've already somehow met in a previous crossover

That's true. Even the Avengers movie was like that. Iron Man vs Thor. Tony vs Steve. Evernody vs Hulk. Then they teamed up at the end.

I recall Posion Ivy used a mind control Superman to fight Batman, and that was with one of my favorite comic book artist's Jim Lee drawing the characters.

In Superman For Tommorow they didn't fight but it was very clear in a random encounter with Superman not holding back Batman has no chance.
Superman saved a woman that the Joker threw off the building beating Batman to the rescue, Batman in anger makes the unwise decision to use a futile punch that Superman easily dodges telling Batman his action futile and foolish.

Here is the image.

1103503-1062091_sm21013tk0_super.jpg

Probably spot on.

Hopefully by the end of the film there more like this!

Scene from Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
2009 direct-to-video animated Film available on Blu-ray & DVD
A sequel to the film is Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocLX5CgFXA[/youtube]

They can't make a justice league movie so this is what we get. The only way this isn't terrible is if Chris Nolan directs, and I'm not holding my breath for that.

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like a lot of you think this is a bad idea. Those of you that think this is a bad idea would you prefer just another stand alone Superman movie and a some what of a reboot to Batman?

I don't understand the pessimism. Any comic movie can by FUBARed. This is probably the most iconic team up of all time in comics. If any movie should be made its this one.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand the pessimism. Any comic movie can by FUBARed. This is probably the most iconic team up of all time in comics. If any movie should be made its this one.

I have to say I like the idea of this movie and if done correctly could be a great lead in to a JL movie.

I recall Posion Ivy used a mind control Superman to fight Batman, and that was with one of my favorite comic book artist's Jim Lee drawing the characters.

In Superman For Tommorow they didn't fight but it was very clear in a random encounter with Superman not holding back Batman has no chance.
Superman saved a woman that the Joker threw off the building beating Batman to the rescue, Batman in anger makes the unwise decision to use a futile punch that Superman easily dodges telling Batman his action futile and foolish.

Here is the image.

1103503-1062091_sm21013tk0_super.jpg

Then I can show you the Tower of Babel where Batman single handedly leads to virtually the entire Justice League being destroyed even with them explicitly helping each other.

basically, whoever is the writer and whoever the plot demands to win will win.

They can't make a justice league movie so this is what we get. The only way this isn't terrible is if Chris Nolan directs, and I'm not holding my breath for that.

And if Nolan were to direct (not really confident at all), I truly believe Bale will reprise the role. He said he would only consider suiting up as Batman again if Nolan were directing.

And if Nolan were to direct (not really confident at all), I truly believe Bale will reprise the role. He said he would only consider suiting up as Batman again if Nolan were directing.
That ship has sailed! This will be the unofficial "official" Batman reboot without a long dragged out origin story again (although I still expect a few flashback scenes of a origin as Bruce or Bats tells Clark or Supes about why he does what he does) with a new actor in the role they can then move on to the Justice League series of films as well as other connected (DC Universe) films and new Batman films.

Then I can show you the Tower of Babel where Batman single handedly leads to virtually the entire Justice League being destroyed even with them explicitly helping each other.

basically, whoever is the writer and whoever the plot demands to win will win.

It's still a factual representation of how Batman has no chance at all of beating Superman in a random encounter. Not just Superman, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, or any other powerhouse.

A writer can write this character beating that character but it can still be bad, or horrid.
For example in Amazon's Attack Batman freakin pushes Circe, and a foe that fight's Wonder Woman is defeated by a single freakin push from Batman. One example of the worst writing in DC and Comic Books History.

They announced a Justice League film as well for Summer of 2017 and a Flash film for 2016.

They needed to reintroduce Batman (with a new actor) to establish him in this shared universe created in Man of Steel this way it allows them to do it without a new stand alone film just two years or so after the last film. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a Wonder Woman film in 2016 or early 2017 as well.

I agree I've heard for years of a Superman Batman movie but it hasn't been made not one on the big screen.

Here is a Fan Made trailer of Superman Batman World's Finest. The costumes are Alex Ross Style, when you look at it you think of Artist's Alex Ross style.

Superman and Batman - World's Finest Trailer - YouTube

They announced a Justice League film as well for Summer of 2017 and a Flash film for 2016.

They needed to reintroduce Batman (with a new actor) to establish him in this shared universe created in Man of Steel this way it allows them to do it without a new stand alone film just two years or so after the last film. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a Wonder Woman film in 2016 or early 2017 as well.

Wonder Woman movie has been production hell. I think I recall a rumor of Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman.

VN Store

Back