Brent Spiner
William Fichtner
Angelababy
DeObia Oparei
Gbenga Akinnagbe
Patrick St. Esprit

Last edited:
Who wants to bet it stars Will Smith & Jayden Smith? kidding maybe?? :rolleyes:

Word is that Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum have agreed to reprise there roles in the sequel. Will Smith has not said anything about returning as of yet.

Emmerich has reportedly tapped White House Down scribe James Vanderbilt to rewrite the script for Independence Day 2.

Will Smith is a joke now. Lots of money, though.

While I own it on Blu-ray I still haven't seen MIB3 or went to see After Earth.
The last film of his I have watched all the way through was I Am Legend and I really thought it was pretty good. The last one I saw before that was I, Robot and that was on TV. I've only seen a few a minutes here and there of Hancock.
The last Smith film I actually went to theaters to see was MIB2 back in 2002!

Last edited:
Who wants to bet it stars Will Smith & Jayden Smith? kidding maybe?? :rolleyes:

That would truly be sad.

While I own it on Blu-ray I still haven't seen MIB3 or went to see After Earth.
The last film of his I have watched all the way through was I Am Legend and I really thought it was pretty good. The last one I saw before that was I, Robot and that was on TV. I've only seen a few a minutes here and there of Hancock.
The last Smith film I actually went to theaters to see was MIB2 back in 2002!

MIB3 was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting muhc being the third movie in a series but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Give it a watch.

I don't understand what the story line could be. I thought they killed all the aliens at the end of the last movie. Not impressed by this idea at all.

I don't understand what the story line could be. I thought they killed all the aliens at the end of the last movie. Not impressed by this idea at all.

maybe they didn't kill all the aliens, and those left behind learned to integrate into society, in some cases even inter-breeding with humans. The conflict arises when the intergalactic mafia who hired them has grown tired of waiting for a return on their investment and comes to collect.

Humans, however, have learned much from the captured technology...

yeah, that's probably not going to be it

I bet Jaden Smith plays Will Smith's son from the 1995 version. He won't do any movies now without his talentless son.

Independence Day 2 Script Features Returning Cast Members, But No Will Smith

"Will Smith cannot come back because he's too expensive," Emmerich told NY Daily News while promoting his latest, White House Down, "but he'd also be too much of a marquee name. It would be too much."

The 1996 original also starred talent like Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Randy Quaid, Mary McDonnell, Brent Spiner, James Duval and Vivica A. Fox. Although it's not specified as to exactly who might return for the sequel, Emmerich confirms that a number of the original film's characters appear in the script by Dean Devlin and himself.

"We have like maybe half of the people that you would know from the first film," he says, "and the other half are people who are new."

Pullman confirmed earlier this year that plans call for the return of his character, Thomas Whitmore, but no talent has been officially locked as of yet

I hope they get Judd Hirsh back with Jeff Goldblum I thought there chemistry worked really well as father & son and was some of the best parts of the original.

This has bad written all over it; even if they got Will Smith it would. Smith's stock has greatly dropped, ever since Hancock. MIB3 was ok but not great by any means.

Can't we just re wind time and show will smith the sales for after earth and all but force him to do Django?

Loved the first one. Watch it every year the first week in July. I'm addicted to it and I don't know why but I say the dialogue with the characters all the way through the movie.

That being said, no way will I watch the second one.

I hate that Goldblum dropped off the map. I don't know if it was by choice or his stock dropped, but I always liked his roles in the movies he acted in.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it would be funny if Independence Day 2 was just the story of July 4th, 1776...a prequel, if you will.

I hate that Goldblum dropped off the map. I don't know if it was by choice or his stock dropped, but I always liked his roles in the movies he acted in.

He reminds me of Nicholas Cage a little...a few roles that were good but his career track makes it seem as if he never turned down a role.

Side note: can't be Cage in Raising Arizona.

Independence Day 2 Moves to 2016

Roland Emmerich's Independence Day 2 has been moved back by nearly a year. Previously set to hit the big screen on July 3, 2015, the sci-fi action sequel will now hit the big screen on July 1, 2016.

It's still unknown whether or not Will Smith is planning on reprising his Independence Day role as Captain Steven Hiller for the sequel, although Emmerich recently confirmed that scripts have been written both with and without Hiller in them.

Glad to see that even Smith thinks this idea for a sequel is retarded.

VN Store

Back