Renewed/New Shows Announced!

I really like scifi shows and I have to say the CW has several new shows that seem very interesting if they do in fact get picked up!

The 100

Nearly a century after nuclear war has destroyed civilization on Earth, a spaceship returns carrying the only human survivors, 100 juvenile delinquents who carry the hope of re-colonlizing the planet. It is based on the forthcoming book series of the same name by Kass Morgan. Stars include Eliza Taylor, Henry Ian Cusick, Marie Avgeropoulos, Paige Turco and Isaiah Washington
This has a great premise and pretty good cast I also saw where Kelly Hu will be in it as well.

The Tomorrow People

From executive producers Greg Berlanti and Julie Plec, this series follows several young people from all over the world who possess special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate telepathically. The group, which represents the next stage in human evolution, uses its powers to fight evil. Mark Pellegrino, Luke Mitchell, Peyton List and Robbie Amell are among the stars of the show, which is based on a British series
This sounds a lot like the recently cancelled SyFy show Alphas that was talked about a good bit in a recent Big Bang Theory episode.

Star-Crossed

A romance between a human girl and an alien boy is at the center of this exploration of how passion and politics threaten the peace after a group of aliens (The Atrian 9) enters a suburban high school a decade after they and hundreds of others landed on Earth, where they were immediately imprisoned. Aimee Teegarden, Matt Lanter and Titus Makin Jr. are among the stars.
This seems like a modern take/remake from the 1999-2002 series Roswell that was on the then WB & UPN that has since become the CW.

Orlando Jones in the Fox show Sleepy Hollow...

Wasn't he the 7-up guy?

I'll trust the new J.J. Abram's show just because he made Fringe.

And of course I'll watch Supernatural.

I'll trust the new J.J. Abram's show just because he made Fringe.

Abrams actually has two new shows possible this fall!

Believe (NBC)
Almost Human (Fox)

I still haven't checked out Revolution although I have the entire first season DVRed.

Gang Related sounds like it could be interesting and Intelligence is basically a rip off of Person of Interest.

Abrams actually has two new shows possible this fall!

Believe (NBC)
Almost Human (Fox)

I still haven't checked out Revolution although I have the entire first season DVRed.

My brother in law and I watch revolution every week. It's an excellent show for the most part.

Except the acting in first 4 episodes was so freaking terrible that most people gave up on it.

To its credit, I have heard good things about the last half of the season, but I'm too far gone to come back at this point.

UPDATE:: I have updated the original post with NBC's Official Fall Schedule released today!!

Last edited:
I have to say for the first time in years NBC has more than one or two shows I really want to checkout.

THE MICHEAL J. FOX SHOW - Its great that he is well enough to go back to acting and will be playing a guy with Parkinson's. (I'd still like to see a Family Ties reunion movie!)

Grimm - This has pleasantly been a must watch for me since it's debut!

Revolution - This is dependent on how well I like the first season which I have DVRed!

DRACULA - From the producers of the Emmy Award-winning Downton Abbey and starring Golden Globe winner Jonathan Rhys Meyers ("The Tudors") if this was on AMC, A&E or HBO I could see this becoming an amazing hit but its going to be on NBC!

CROSSBONES:The True story of Blackbeard - From the award-winning creator of "Luther," Neil Cross, and award-winning executive producers Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald ("Gladiator," "Men in Black") and Starring John Malkovich as Blackbeard! (See my assessment above of Dracula same applies here!)

BELIEVE - from executive producer J.J. Abrams "Levitation, telekinesis, the ability to control nature, even predict the future… Since she was two years old, Bo has had gifts she could neither fully understand, nor control. Raised by a small group known as the “True Believers,” the orphaned girl has been safeguarded from harmful outsiders who would use her forces for personal gain. But now that she is 10, her powers have become stronger, and the threat has grown more dangerous."

CRISIS - Starring Dermot Mulroney (“The Grey”), Gillian Anderson (“The X-Files”), Lance Gross and Rachael Taylor comes an emotionally charged, action thriller. It’s field trip day for the students of Ballard High School, a place that educates the children of Washington, D.C.’s elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players and even the president’s son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis. (This has a great cast, how great is it to see Gillian Anderson back on TV!)

Revolution started as "ehh" then when down hill to "suck" and has now rebounded to "pretty good."

I binged watched them all in a day, so I got to see it get better as it went. easier to get into at that point really.

Plus, the girl is smoking hot.

The Carrie Diaries is coming back!

(Oh, and Community. But The Carrie Diaries!!!!)

That is all.
The Carrie Diaries was a guilty pleasure for me. It helped that it had Martha Jones from Doctor Who and its 1980's clothes & cars!

WOW!! Checkout the trailer for NBCs Dracula. Man why couldn't this be on AMC or HBO!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1jVcmDH43Y[/youtube]

Sleepy Hollow - Fox

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFOEzR9zgUo[/youtube]

Dads - Fox (From Seth MacFarlane and guys behind the film Ted!)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4pEfZDl0k[/youtube]

Last edited:
The Carrie Diaries was a guilty pleasure for me. It helped that it had Martha Jones from Doctor Who and its 1980's clothes and cars!

Sex and the City had its flaws. Michael Patrick King has proved himself to be somewhat of a one trick pony, and his wonderkid talent obviously hasn't translated well to basic cable and the absolutely horrendous 2 Broke Girls (you'd think that a gay man would naturally shy away from trite stereotypes, but that's neither here nor there).

But I'll maintain until the day I die that Sex and the City was the single most culturally influential television show ever produced. The Rachel? Eh. Kerri Russell's hair woes? Sure, that was a thing. But Carrie Bradshaw legitimately lead the flyover states for six years. Do you think that 21-year-old graduates of Nebraska would know what Manlolo Blahnik and Louis Vuitton were if Carrie wasn't rocking them on a weekly basis? Would the Cosmopolitan be such a hit with Mississippi housewives if the core four didn't down them like water? Has any show ever vaulted the greatest city on earth into the middle-American mindset so much?

And don't even get me started on Carrie's Macintosh PowerBook. If any of us had purchased Apple stock when it was sitting at around $10 when she started typing away on that thing, we'd be filthy rich.

The Carrie Diaries is an absurdly fantastic period piece, and truly has nearly unlimited potential. The AIDS crisis? Meeting Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte? Seeing what happens with mopey, depressed Dorritt after Carrie becomes a full-time resident of the Big Apple? The sky's the limit. SATC struggled with ratings its first season too. The Carrie Diaries simply has growing pains because people who watched SATC religiously either in its prime or on TBS reruns are, in their minds, a little too old to be watching The CW, while the target demo probably doesn't harbor a close bond and association with 35+ year old Carrie because they were three-years-old when the original show premiered. The Carrie Diaries will blossom if given time, though, if only because The CW doesn't have any other soapy fallbacks like Gossip Girl and 90210 anymore. We'll get a third season, I promise you that.

Sex and the City had its flaws. Michael Patrick King has proved himself to be somewhat of a one trick pony, and his wonderkid talent obviously hasn't translated well to basic cable and the absolutely horrendous 2 Broke Girls (you'd think that a gay man would naturally shy away from trite stereotypes, but that's neither here nor there).

The Carrie Diaries is an absurdly fantastic period piece, and truly has nearly unlimited potential. The AIDS crisis? Meeting Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte? Seeing what happens with mopey, depressed Dorritt after Carrie becomes a full-time resident of the Big Apple? The sky's the limit. SATC struggled with ratings its first season too. The Carrie Diaries simply has growing pains because people who watched SATC religiously either in its prime or on TBS reruns are, in their minds, a little too old to be watching The CW, while the target demo probably doesn't harbor a close bond and association with 35+ year old Carrie because they were three-years-old when the original show premiered. The Carrie Diaries will blossom if given time, though, if only because The CW doesn't have any other soapy fallbacks like Gossip Girl and 90210 anymore. We'll get a third season, I promise you that.

I never watched the original Sex in the City as I didn't have HBO. (still don't) I agree with what you said about Carrie Diaries however you don't like 2 Broke Girls? Its the one of two comedy's I watch the other being Big Bang Theory. While 2BG is not as good as its first season I'm still not a fan of the addition to the cast of the lady from the American Pie films.

Once Upon A Time in Wonderland (ABC)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ir6JhV2Zs&[/youtube]

Resurrection (ABC, Mid-season/Spring of 2014)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3dGcgHKru4&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/youtube]

Almost Human (FOX)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdHiZsSPjg[/youtube]

Last edited:
UPDATE: Original Post now updated with official fall schedules for CBS, NBC, ABC & FOX

Trailers for New CBS Shows this fall!

Mom (CBS)
Created & Produced by Chuck Lorre (The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly)
Starring Anna Faris (The House Bunny, Scary Movie Franchise) and Allison Janney (The West Wing, The Help)
[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPTKPX_i6c[/Youtube]

The Crazy Ones (CBS)
Starring Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) and Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Ringer)
[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-8JoUQzE0[/Youtube]

I'm not really a comedy guy but this :lolabove: is going to be great!

Last edited:
The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXl-krlLoxg[/youtube]

Intelligence (CBS)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-nqhGQeniM[/youtube]

Intelligence looks really good. :matrix:

I never thought a network would stoop as low as NBC has. They are legit using Michael J. Fox's parkinsons as a selling point.

VN Store

Back