Arrested Development premier date set + more episodes added

tumblr_lpwjgeLFo11qck8avo1_500.gif

We're on a drunken vacation in Vegas with another couple and we all crashed while watching the first episode last night. I didn't like it very much, but we rewatched this morning cause everybody passed out and I liked it a lot better that go-round.

The style is a little different. Scenes seem to be a lot longer, and so do the lines in the dialog. The old version was a lot snappier I felt like. Maybe now that my hopes are more realistic, I'll enjoy it more.

I'm four episodes in and it's been a little disappointing. They've changed up the format and style too much. It's kind of hard to follow what's happening.
Also, what is different about Lindsey? She looks different, but it was can't tell what it is.

She had a nose job since AD ended last, and I think probably a little more face work. She does look a tad freaky to me.

Personally I think it's been hilarious so far. I didn't expect it to be as good as it used to be but IMHO it's pretty close, and it's far better than most of the crap comedies on TV right now.

My only complaint was freakin' Ed Helms. He wasn't bad but dude is seriously turning into the guy I don't want to see on shows I like.

She had a nose job since AD ended last, and I think probably a little more face work. She does look a tad freaky to me.

Personally I think it's been hilarious so far. I didn't expect it to be as good as it used to be but IMHO it's pretty close, and it's far better than most of the crap comedies on TV right now.

My only complaint was freakin' Ed Helms. He wasn't bad but dude is seriously turning into the guy I don't want to see on shows I like.

I'm only on the third episode, but the scene in Helms' office is my favorite so far.

Helms - "We're going to have to be realistic, I'm in the real estate business, and it's 2006, so that's all good enough for me. We're going to get you into a NINJA loan, no income, job or assets, and you don't have to pay a penny for two years."

Tobias - "Oh NINJA, please."

I'm only on the third episode, but the scene in Helms' office is my favorite so far.

Helms - "We're going to have to be realistic, I'm in the real estate business, and it's 2006, so that's all good enough for me. We're going to get you into a NINJA loan, no income, job or assets, and you don't have to pay a penny for two years."

Tobias - "Oh NINJA, please."

Yeah it was funny, but not because of Helms.

Just watched the "daddy has to get his rocks off" episode. It's slowly starting to come together.

Last edited:
I'm starting over from the first season. I saw the first 3 season years ago when they were new but it's been so long that I'd rather re-watch the series instead of just jumping into season 4. I'm about 10 episodes into season 1. Love this show.

I liked the Ed Helms scene. I hate how they are using Wiig and Rogen instead of just trying to make Walter and Tambor look young like in the original. It was absurd but made it funnier, IMO.

I liked the Ed Helms scene. I hate how they are using Wiig and Rogen instead of just trying to make Walter and Tambor look young like in the original. It was absurd but made it funnier, IMO.

Yeah I didn't get that, even though Wiig does a very good impression. Seems to me it was a way to squeeze in more cameos, and these were unnecessary.

Just wanted cheddar the "daddy has to get his rocks off" episode. It's slowly starting to come together.

That was by far the funniest part so far.

Tobias at the end of episode 5, hilarious.

It was also funny when George Michael's friend makes a comment about how it's impossible to get a flight at this time of the year and Michael response was along the lines of "And how many times have you been on an airplane you little piece of s***".

I agree with everyone it hasn't been quite as good and is hard to follow a long a bit. I noticed a lot of it hasn't been funny but it's still interesting to follow along. When the parts are funny though, it's really funny. Also, Isla Fisher is hot. And for an episode or two I didn't even think that was Portia de Rossi. Gob has barely had any lines so far :/. I think the George/Oscar plot is the worst part of the show. More Gob, George Michael and Tobias to go along with Michael please.

Yeah I didn't get that, even though Wiig does a very good impression. Seems to me it was a way to squeeze in more cameos, and these were unnecessary.

I think Seth Rogan is a funny guy and he's generally pretty funny in the movies he's in but dude has no acting range whatsoever. It was a little disappointing to see him in this.

I only have the last episode left; I was pretty disappointed in the Buster episode. It had some funny parts but it's been maybe the weakest to me. It was way too "slap-stick" for Arrested Development. Buster is maybe my favorite so I may have been expecting too much, but it was kinda meh.

I actually preferred this "season" to the first three in a way. When the show initially aired, I absolutely loved it. My second time through the episodes I appreciated it even more because I was more readily able to pick up on the most minute details. However, subsequent viewings reached the point of diminishing returns and I found myself just more or less watching the show and not finding it to be humorous.

Season 4's greatest weakness is the repetition of jokes that had worn out their welcome, but that's not exactly the show's fault... it's more on me for watching the previous seasons so much that I couldn't get amused by a callback reference. I got past this towards the tail end of the first episode, then immediately began that episode again, and I found the season to be very enjoyable. Most characters grew in interesting ways (some seem to have devolved, though), and I liked the increased importance placed on pop culture references per episode.

It's not nearly as funny as seasons 1-3 were the first and second times through, but I think this season is better made.

Just watched episode 4 about Michael getting others to sign for the movie. Was pretty damn good.

Hopefully it will be better. I liked Season 4 mostly but some it sucked.

It had some fantastic episodes, and I like the way it all fit chronologically, but the young Treebark guy sucked, and so did Debris. Their roles were far too big and their episodes slowed down the season. Probably 2/3 of the episodes were on par with the first 3 seasons of AD. I'll take it.

VN Store

Back