Stand-up Comedians

Panthro

I recently discovered that Netflix has a ton of stand-up Comedy Central specials available.
A few have been really disappointing, but a few have been impressive as well.
I liked Daniel Tosh's set, and I had never heard of Bo Burnham before two weeks ago. His stuff is hilarious. I have to listen to his songs a few times each to catch every little joke. Louis C.K. is on there, and he's always funny.

Any favorites to recommend? The specials on Netflix have inspired me to watch whatever I can on youtube, as well. All the classic greats have plenty of stuff available.

My all-time favorites that Netflix has available are Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill, Nick Swardson: Seriously, Who Farted? and Zach Galifinakis: Live at the Purple Onion.

Anything Kevin Hart is pretty great. Toshs Happy Thoughts is probably his best one. Jeff Ross Roasts America is pretty funny. Patrice O'Neal Elephant Room is decent. The roasts are usually funny, especially the ones with Greg Giraldo.

Kevin Hart, Mike Epps, Katt Williams, Aziz Ansari, they all have stuff on Netflix that are all good watches

I watched Azziz. He is good. Nick Swardson is an example of one that disappointed me. If you start your set with, "I really like to drink. Do you guys like to drink? <wooooo> Let me tell you some funny drunk stories..." then it's just annoyingly unoriginal. IMHO, of course.

The late Mitch Hedberg was as good as it gets . . . If you "got it".

Love Mitch Hedberg. Most comedian stand up there and tell funny stories. Mitch pretty much told a bunch of jokes.

It's been years since I've seen his stuff. Need to change that.

C.K, Brian Regan, and Anthony Jeselnik are my favorites. Galifanakis at the purple onion is hilarious.

I've been listening to a lot of Mitch Hedberg on youtube. He's hilarious without being offensive at all. That's pretty impressive, I think. It seems like a lot of guys use offensive material as a crutch sometimes.
I found more Bo Burnham stuff on youtube (not just his stuff from high school), and he's going to be a really big star pretty soon. He's apparently working on some stuff with Judd Apatow. He's just 22, and most of his stuff is a few years old on there.

C.K, Brian Regan, and Anthony Jeselnik are my favorites. Galifanakis at the purple onion is hilarious.

His GF is pretty funny, too. Amy Schumer or something? My sister is her hair stylist. She's the one that caught all the flack for the Ryan Dunn joke at a roast.

Listening to Demitri Martin today while I work. I just heard him do a Seinfeld joke verbatim.

VN Store

Back