Boy Meets World returning to TV

unconventional
Sort of...

Ben Savage Joins 'Girl Meets World' Alongside Danielle Fishel

Disney Channel confirms the pilot is still in "very early stages of development" and that a nationwide casting search is still underway for 13-year-old Riley Matthews. "Girl Meets World" will follow Cory (Savage) and Topanga's (Fishel) teen daughter Riley. "Boy Meets World" creator Michael Jacobs is behind the project.

The cast for "Girl Meets World" will also include Maya, Riley's edgy best friend. Sounds a bit like Shawn Hunter to us!

In the new series Cory will be a history teacher, just like his "Boy Meets World" mentor Mr. Feeny.

Don't know that I'll actually watch it but just thought it was interesting. I'll occasionally have Boy Meets World on in the morning. It's on ABC family from 6:30 to 8:30 where I'm at.

I assumed Disney Channel would ruin it for sure and make it cheesy garbage like everything else on that station. If you've ever seen 5 minutes of Hannah Montana or Zach and Cody, you know what I mean. The worst acting, jokes and delivery you've ever seen. Kids eat that garbage up.

Maybe with the original creator being behind the spinoff, Disney will allow him to replicate the way Boy Meets World was done. I would really hate to see every single line be over emphasized and poorly acted. Not like Boy Meets World had good acting but in comparison to Zach/Cody and Billy Ray/Miley, I'd consider just about anything good acting. When they make jokes on those shows, it's like they look at the camera and yell into it as they deliver it and go "wink wink" it's your cue to laugh. Disney Channel is really awful compared to what it used to be. It's MTV bad.

Last edited:
Will Mr. Feeney be in it? If not, I'm not watching!

He should be available. He was just killed off of Grey's Anatomy.

And yes, I know, I'll probably get hammered for a Grey's Anatomy reference. Oh well.

FEENAY! FEE-HEE-HEE-HEENAY!

This will probably make me watch Disney again, for 30 minutes anyway. Or until it isn't as good as BMW.

FEENAY! FEE-HEE-HEE-HEENAY!

This will probably make me watch Disney again, for 30 minutes anyway. Or until it isn't as good as BMW.

No way I'm watching this. Maybe TV Land will show some old re-runs of the real Boy Meets World.

No way I'm watching this. Maybe TV Land will show some old re-runs of the real Boy Meets World.

Every now and again ABC Family will have a marathon, I think MTV did too at one point. Of course that means I have to be able to watch TV in the afternoon.

I'm not even sure I'd want to watch BMW if I saw it on for any reason other than the nostalgia factor.

I would also like to have Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and Pete and Pete brought back...

Or maybe I just wanna be a kid again. I need to get those on DVD!

I'm not gonna lie I'm excited about this. I guess it's because I'm relatively young.. Boy meets world has ways been my favorite show and mtv2 still airs old episodes every day from 12-3.

Cory is a history teacher in this series, like Feeney. Maybe Feeney returns as a principal. He would have gone from HS history to college professor to HS principal. Quite a career Feeney.

So are Cory and Tapioca supposed to be older? In real life they both are a little over 30, but in the show they have a 13 year old girl and an older brother. I mean yeah I know it's possible agewise but dang that would mean she popped out the brother like right after the show ended in the BMW universe if they are in the present day.

I didn't follow the show but weren't they supposed to be like 18 year old newlyweds right at the end? They didn't seem the type to start having kids like right then, but again I didn't follow the show. May Topyunga really wanted kids bad. That or they suck at birth control.

So are Cory and Tapioca supposed to be older? In real life they both are a little over 30, but in the show they have a 13 year old girl and an older brother. I mean yeah I know it's possible agewise but dang that would mean she popped out the brother like right after the show ended in the BMW universe if they are in the present day.

I didn't follow the show but weren't they supposed to be like 18 year old newlyweds right at the end? They didn't seem the type to start having kids like right then, but again I didn't follow the show. May Topyunga really wanted kids bad. That or they suck at birth control.

Pretty sure they graduated college and Topanga got a job in New York.

How about Rachel? She made me feel kind of funny when I used to watch that show.

How about Rachel? She made me feel kind of funny when I used to watch that show.

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. :crazy:

BMW is my all time favorite TV show. The last episode gets me everytime, though. Mr. Feeny saying to the empty classroom: "I love you all. Class dismissed." :cray:

GMW needs Feeny and Eric, that's all.

I probably want watch every episode (will depend on how close it feels to the original) but I'll definitely checkout the "Pilot"!

'Girl Meets World': See the first cast photo of Cory, Topanga and the kids

'Girl Meets World': See the first cast photo of Cory, Topanga and the kids

girl-meets-world-cast-photo-disney.jpg

Finally, Disney Channel has released the first cast photo of "Girl Meets World," which might be the most highly-anticipated series in the network's history.

The photo also gives a clear answer to who all makes up the cast. From left-to-right above, the cast is Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar, August Maturo as Auggie Matthews, Ben Savage as Cory Matthews, Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews, Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews, Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart and Corey Fogelmanis as Farkle.

As for familiar face on the show, which is a sequel series to "Boy Meets World," Minkus (Lee Norris), Shawn (Rider Strong), and Corey's parents (Betsey Randle and William Russ) will all appear at some point. "Girl Meets World" is set to air on Disney Channel later in 2014.

VN Store

Back