Dr Who

Roughneck

Is anyone else a fan of the show?

I used to stay up late and watch the old ones when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me. The new series is really good as well and has become one of my favorite shows.

Great show. Matt Smith is good and I'm excited for the second half of this season.

David Tennant has been the best of the new doctors. Not really familiar with the older shows.

Old shows opening was creepy in a dark room.

i wish they'd sell them season by season.

Great show. Matt Smith is good and I'm excited for the second half of this season.

David Tennant has been the best of the new doctors. Not really familiar with the older shows.

David Tennant as the Dr. with Rose are going to be hard to beat

Old shows opening was creepy in a dark room.

i wish they'd sell them season by season.

They have some of the old stories and the movie on Netflix. It's fun to see Tom Baker again.

It might be better this way because you get to skip a lot of the bad episodes. Not to mention it would take forever to watch 700 episodes.

I watched oine when I was around 9 or ten where a guy had a big green head. That's honestly how I can best describe it. Tom baker was the doctor.

Scared me to death.

I've seen DVDs of the older stuff but it is never sold by entire seasons(series).

The seasons were structured differently back then. 20-25 half hour episodes that had different stories but didn't have a season long story arc. The dvds are usually 3-6 episodes with the same story arc. Its a good way to trim some of the fat because there were a LOT of awful episodes.

I agree that Tennant has been the best of the new doctors, and I think the chemistry between he and Billie Piper was something that will be difficult to reproduce.

It will be interesting, though, to see how the current doctor is affected by the development that River Song is actually the daughter of Amy and Rory.

Went way back to find this thread couldn't find another one in the search so if there is a newer one I couldn't find it but Breaking News today!

Matt Smith announces he is leaving Doctor Who!

Link:Matt Smith to Leave 'Doctor Who'

Smith, who first made his debut as the Doctor in 2010, will depart following the 50th anniversary Doctor Who special that will air Nov. 23 and the annual Christmas special,

Yeah. He's the Dr where I'm at right now, and it did get better, but I'm still not that into it. I figure it'll gain more steam. The dialog definitely got more clever.

In a article from the London Telegraph possible replacements could be the return of David Tennant (who is returning for the 50th Anniversary episode) or Damian Lewis (Homeland, Band of Brothers)

I went back through and watched all the seasons on Netflix again. Skipped the Weeping Angel episodes because it was dark and that's all the justification I needed.

I went back through and watched all the seasons on Netflix again. Skipped the Weeping Angel episodes because it was dark and that's all the justification I needed.

Wow! The Weeping Angel episodes are some of my favorites!

Don't Look Away, And What ever you do. Don't Blink!!

Along with Damian Lewis (Homeland, Band of Brothers)

Some of the more realistic names that are coming out as the possible 12th Doctor.....

Ben Daniels (Doom, Jack The Giant Slayer)
Daniels is thought to be the front runner despite his age (48).
Rupert Grint (Harry Potter Franchise, Into the White)
Russell Tovey (BBC Being Human)
Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace, Skyfall)

I've only seen a couple of the Harry Potter films but I like the idea of Grint I think he could easily pull off the Doctor!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back