HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Maybe comparable to the Tudors? I got into that show for a while, so I'd definitely give this one a shot.

Read the book on a suggestion from a friend. Will never take their suggestion again. Juvenile writing combined with a trite and predictable plotline. Disappointed in HBO for picking this up.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: golfballs
Sounds like a high budget flop. They should have rushed a few more seasons of Boardwalk out instead.

Hell to the no re: The Wire. It was a little rushed through the middle of the series, but what's done is done. They completely wrapped things up.

+1 to rushing out more Boardwalk, though.

Hell to the no re: The Wire. It was a little rushed through the middle of the series, but what's done is done. They completely wrapped things up.

+1 to rushing out more Boardwalk, though.
I followed the Sopranos, but never watched wire to wire until they were done. Boardwalk is killing me with the wait.

Well, I am excited about the show.

I thought the books were entertaining. I enjoyed the narrative and the character development.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm with Vader. I'm looking forward to it too. Time will tell whether it's good or not but it has my attention and DVR slot for now.

Pretty good pilot, followed the books quite well. Can't go wrong with two decapitations in the first 15 mins.

Half-dressed ended up being no dress.

I really want to read this series soon and am trying to decide if I should watch this before or wait.

I'd read the books first. Just record them all and watch after you read.

I hate seeing a movie before reading a book, ruins the book IMO.

ADWD will be out by the time you finish up with the current ones if you start now.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch it? What did you think?

Having read the books, I was happy that this first episode did a good job of following the book, without taking too many liberties. I'm excited for next week's episode.

I am a fan of the books and I was very pleased with the way the first episode went.

Couple o' Questions for those that either read the books or could tell what was going on.

1. Who was the dude that died (was killed)?
2. Was the guy who the queen was boning her brother?
3. Are the queen and the guy she was boning in the family that supposedly killed #1 above?
4. Where did the wife of the guy who runs Winterfell come from (they kept referring to her as being an outsider).
5. Was the King married to the guy who runs Winterfell's sister? (or is it vice versa)
6. Who killed her.
7. Finally, who are the blonds who are trying to get the Kingdom back? Are they linked to the current queen or to the people that killed the chick referenced in 5 and 6 above.

Sorry for all the questions but some this wasn't clear or I couldn't get it from the dialogue. Maybe we're not supposed to know yet?

They have captured a genre missing for sometime on television never mind being done this well and while breaking up the boredom of a Sunday night no less. They have a hit.

Couple o' Questions for those that either read the books or could tell what was going on.

1. Who was the dude that died (was killed)?
Jon Arryn was the "King's hand". The king, Ned Stark and he were tight during the war to win the kingdom.
2. Was the guy who the queen was boning her brother?
Yes. Her twin, no less. Twincest.
3. Are the queen and the guy she was boning in the family that supposedly killed #1 above?
Time will tell.
4. Where did the wife of the guy who runs Winterfell come from (they kept referring to her as being an outsider).
One of the other kingdoms. This will get fleshed out.
5. Was the King married to the guy who runs Winterfell's sister? (or is it vice versa)
I don't think they ever married, but they were an item and maybe betrothed (it's been a couple of years since I read it)
6. Who killed her.
She died in the war to win the kingdom from the Targaryens (the family of the very blond brother sister combo)
7. Finally, who are the blonds who are trying to get the Kingdom back? Are they linked to the current queen or to the people that killed the chick referenced in 5 and 6 above.
Yes. They are the sole survivors of the Targaryen line which had ruled before Robert Baratheon took the crown in a war.
Sorry for all the questions but some this wasn't clear or I couldn't get it from the dialogue. Maybe we're not supposed to know yet?

I tried to avoid "spoilers" but see answers in bold. A lot of this stuff will get fleshed out as the story continues.

Thought the premiere was great. I just started the book last week so it made it much easier to know what was going on. Definitely recommend both so far.

So basically Sean beans character is being asked to take the job of the dude who was murdered?

Ended up watching the first ep. Will start reading this as soon as I finish up with the Dark Tower series.

VN Store

Back