Favorite Live Bands

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
Favorite live bands or shows? Let's hear it.

Dr. Dog - Saw these guys live a few weeks ago. Man, they rocked. These guys sound even better live, which is a difficult achievement these days. Dr. Dog is like a time-traveling band from the 60s. Love these guys.

Bass Nectar - Wooomp womp wwwomp! Incredible live atmosphere. Everyone dances like it's nobody's business. Love it! Womp, womp! Oh and the music is damn good if you're into that bass heavy electronic club music.

Andrew Jackson Jihad - A little known group from Phoenix. They are Folk Punk, which is just a funky good blend of folk and punk music. Imagine dudes with acoustic instruments screaming at the top of their lungs. Sounds horrible and it's certainly not a widely accesible genre but it works. I've seen this band a few times and each time they play until the lead singer has lost his voice. And then they still keep going with the audience singing for them.

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of seeing AC/DC back in January of 2009 when they came to the FedEx Forum for their Black Ice Tour. It was definitely the best concert I've ever been too. Those guys are in their 50s/60s yet still rock your face off.

*Considering I'm 18 and haven't had the pleasure of being alive or old enough to see a lot of the "classic" bands from the 70s/80s.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Lucero - Pretty sure they are my first answer in every music thread on here, think I need to get more original.

Two Cow Garage - I don't know how these guys can tour like they do and not die on stage, I was completely exhausted just watching.

Karl Denson - Like funk? Like jazz? Go see. No explanation could do it justice.

Bela Fleck - Go see. No explanation could do it justice. x2

Mofro - Take a woman who likes being close to you. Enjoy.

Pink Floyd, best concert i've ever been to.

I second this. Saw them at Bobby Dodd back in the 90's.

Drivin' n Cryin' is a lot of fun. Buffett if you've never been. And Bob Dylan can rock.

U2 is unreal in person, The Boss is amazing performer, The Avett Brothers are incredible live.

I've never been to a concert but I loved going down to the beer sellar down town Nashville on blues night, some of the ol boys could get down!! I've also been down to clarksdale, ms to Morgan freemans place called ground zero. If you have never been I encourage you to go, it's some good ol down home blues. It has the smokey juke joint feel when walk in it's awesome!!

I second this. Saw them at Bobby Dodd back in the 90's.

Drivin' n Cryin' is a lot of fun. Buffett if you've never been. And Bob Dylan can rock.
I saw them at bobby dodd in the 90s too. (94 or 95 can't remember) Had top row of the upper deck remember some students were trying to study lol, however most of them had the windows open listening as well.

I saw Rush back in the 80's, and they smoked everyone I have seen before or after.

I've seen Metallica twice in Nashville; in 2004 and 2009. Their 2009 show was better and they are still awesome live.

Godsmack opened for them in 2004 and they are seriously one of the best live groups I've seen.

I've seen Disturbed twice; they are awesome live as well. Speaking of which, they are coming back to Nashville February 4th for Music as a Weapon V and co-headling with Korn. I will be there.

Chevelle is good live.

Bands that sucked live:

I don't have many but Taproot opened right before Disturbed in 2008 and I was very disappointed because I like several of their songs.

I've seen Metallica twice in Nashville; in 2004 and 2009. Their 2009 show was better and they are still awesome live.

Only Metallica show that I didn't think was good was in 94. But then again Lakewood Amphitheater isn't a good spot for a metal concert.
Every show since then has rocked.

Incubus High-energy, intense, and almost always a great show
The Killers
Deftones
RATM

some runner ups...

Afroman is great live. Seen him several times live.

Rehab is good live. (Gulf Shores, AL 07')

Kid Rock is pretty good live. (Jackson, MS 06')

Cowboy Mouth is great live. (Natchez, MS 03')

Chevelle is really good live. I've seen em 4 times. Korn and Three Days Grace are also very good live.

If any of you are fans of Korn, Disturbed, Sevendust and live reasonably close to Nashville you might wanna consider going to Music As A Weapon V. It'll be in Nashville on Feb 4th (on a Friday).

AC\DC 1977

Rolling Stones 1983, 1994. EXPENSIVE even by today's standards!

Ozzie Osborn a lot of them.

VN Store

Back