Nascar

Will Jeff Gordon run a few cup races in 2018 ?

I highly doubt it the only one I could see him possibly doing would be the new Charlotte Road Course in the fall.

He will be doing the Fox broadcasts until July.

I highly doubt it the only one I could see him possibly doing would be the new Charlotte Road Course in the fall.

He will be doing the Fox broadcasts until July.

He might race martinsville under the lights.

I could see a comeback down the road in a couple years. My best friend passed last year, he would say, D just give it up and pick you another driver, he ain't coming back. Lol

I could see a comeback down the road in a couple years. My best friend passed last year, he would say, D just give it up and pick you another driver, he ain't coming back. Lol

:ermm: He ain't coming back full time. Like I said maybe the first road course race at Charlotte but other than that he knows he has a good thing going in the booth will probably take DWs place in a two or three years as the lead color guy.

:ermm: He ain't coming back full time. Like I said maybe the first road course race at Charlotte but other than that he knows he has a good thing going in the booth will probably take DWs place in a two or three years as the lead color guy.

Part time mabey. He doesn't call races all year. Ah hell, he's to young to give it up, 7 wins from 100. I saw wonderboy race the babyruth car when he was a kid. Lol....

I will go ahead and predict with confidence, he runs martinsville under the lights.

The thing with Gordon is will his back hold up? Years of racing took a toll and he had to have injections into the spine to alleviate his pain. I would say being a color guy doesn?t cause him near as much discomfort and you gotta wonder how much he is willing to race especially if that pain comes back. Even if he does race, I wouldn?t think Martinsville would be the best choice because of the beating/banging as well as the tight turns and g-forces to the spine. My two cents....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing with Gordon is will his back hold up? Years of racing took a toll and he had to have injections into the spine to alleviate his pain. I would say being a color guy doesn?t cause him near as much discomfort and you gotta wonder how much he is willing to race especially if that pain comes back. Even if he does race, I wouldn?t think Martinsville would be the best choice because of the beating/banging as well as the tight turns and g-forces to the spine. My two cents....
Your probably right, martinsville is a physical track. He loves that track tho. Mabey one race under the lights , he can handle.

only way Gordon races again is if one of the Hendrick drivers has to miss extended time and one of the races is Sonoma, Martinsville,and maybe a 1.5 mile cookie cutter track

VN Store

Back