2015 NASCAR Top 6 Pick'Em Contest Rules

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Contest rules for the 2015 NASCAR Top 6 Pick'Em Contest: The rules are EXACTLY the same as last year. Freak has said there will be a prize again this year!

2015 NASCAR Top 6 Pick'Em Contest Rules

1. Pick the top 6 finishers in each NASCAR Sprint Cup race, and enter your picks in the appropriate thread each week. Picks must be in the order of how you think they will finish. Each race will have a tie-breaker pick which requires picking the finish position of a designated driver.

2. There will be a Pole Position Pick thread for each event. Enter your pick for the pole winner and earn 5 bonus points if you pick correctly.

3. Picks are to be made from a seeded driver listing included in the entry thread. Drivers are split into three groups: A, B & C. You may ONLY PICK TWO drivers from each group.

4. As driver changes and drivers failing to qualify for races are common in Group C, contestants are responsible for making sure their picks are up to date before the deadline or risk receiving a 0 as a score for a driver not in the race. Updates will try to be given regularly to help avoid this.

5. Each contestant will have one “Mulligan”. This in effect means you get to drop your lowest score for the season. Missing a race means you receive 0 for your lowest race score.

6. Entries must specify the exact driver in the case of those with identical last names (example - Busch, Labonte, Gordon). Entries with last name only will be awarded the points of the lowest finishing driver.

7. All picks must be entered by the original listed deadline for each race and pole qualification, or in the event of a postponement, picks must be entered by the new listed deadline. In the event of a delay in the race that will be run on the original race day that doesn't have a set start time, picks must be entered before the start of the National Anthem. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!

8. Tie-breakers will be: most weekly race contests won; highest single race score; most race winners picked; most pole position winners; highest scorer in the final race.

Contest Format

1. Picking the pole position winner will earn 5 points.

2. Picking the race winner will earn 5 points.

3. Picking any three of the top six will earn 3 points, picking four will earn 4, picking five will earn 5, and picking all six will earn 6.

4. Picking the top three in correct finishing order earns 3 points, four earns 4, five earns 5, and six earns 6.

Example: You pick Ricky Bobby and he wins and leads the most laps. Your other five picks finish 3rd, 5th, 6th, 20th and 30th. The driver finishing 3rd leads a lap. Your total score for that race is; 48+42+39+23+13 = 165 (driver points from NASCAR) plus bonus points for picking the winner and picking four in the top six are 5+4 = 9 for a total of 174. In this example, the pole position winner was not picked.

If there is a disagreement with your score for a given week, post your inquiry in the Pick'Em Results thread for the specific race. All disputes will be handled by Yankee_Vol with all decisions final. Your entry each week is proof of agreement with all rules, and to abide with any decision made.

Reactions: 1 person
Not if I have anything to say about it. I have a title to defend. That's IF this is run fairly. :dry:

fuzzy-data.jpg

This is what we'll go with at the start (obviously C will change)

Group A
2 - Brad Keselowski
4 - Kevin Harvick
11 - Denny Hamlin
14 - Tony Stewart
15 - Clint Bowyer
18 - Kyle Busch
19 - Carl Edwards
20 - Matt Kenseth
22 - Joey Logano
24 - Jeff Gordon
48 - Jimmie Johnson
88 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Group B
1 - Jamie McMurray
3 - Austin Dillon
5 - Kasey Kahne
16 - Greg Biffle
27 - Paul Menard
31 - Ryan Newman
41 - Kurt Busch
42 - Kyle Larson
43 - Aric Almirola
47 - A.J. Allmendinger
55 - Brian Vickers
78 - Martin Truex Jr.

Group C
6 - Trevor Bayne
9 - Sam Hornish Jr.
10 - Danica Patrick
13 - Casey Mears
17 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
21 - Ryan Blaney
23 - Alex Bowman
30 - Ron Hornaday Jr.
32 - Blake Koch
33 - Brian Scott
34 - David Ragan
35 - Cole Whitt
36 - Reed Sorenson
38 - David Gilliland
40 - Landon Cassill
51 - Justin Allgaier
? - Michael Annett
? - JJ Yeley

I think the race winner should be worth more than the pole winner. Looking for another top 5 this season. Lost top spot 2 years ago by 1 point.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the race winner should be worth more than the pole winner. Looking for another top 5 this season. Lost top spot 2 years ago by 1 point.

You should have made a better pick I guess :)

Freak will be contributing a $15,000 gift card to the winner, and vollygirl and bigdaddy will make a pancake breakfast for the winner's family every Thursday.

I never got my prize for winning last year. :dry:

Gordon, I sent that gift card after we exchanged emails. If you did not receive it, please email me. I can look up the card on Amazon and have it sent again if it was never delivered. Sorry for the hassle.

:hi:

Gordon, I sent that gift card after we exchanged emails. If you did not receive it, please email me. I can look up the card on Amazon and have it sent again if it was never delivered. Sorry for the hassle.

:hi:

Haha, I'm just giving you a hard time, freak. But I don't remember receiving the gift card. Maybe the email didn't go through. I checked my account and couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back