How would fans react without Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jimmie Johnson and Keselowski?

What if Newman wins it all without winning a single race? I welcome that possibility.

What if Newman wins it all without winning a single race? I welcome that possibility.

It's possible. Despite no wins he's run pretty good this year. I think he was like 4th or 5th in total points when they reset.

We've had chases without Keselowski and Jr, so I don't think that would be that big of a deal. There might be some hurt feelings from Jr fans considering he actually made it in then missed a cut as opposed to flat out missing. It's seeing the chase move forward without the 48 that has me curious.

Absolutely stupid that NASCAR has gone this far. The fact that you can be one of the best cars the ENTIRE year and have one bad race and be knocked out is insane.

The team to beat might be Logano. But hoping that Gordon can win it. If he get a top 15 at 'Dega he will. Would be better with a top 5. Martinsville is one of his better tracks. A win there and he goes to the final round!

Absolutely stupid that NASCAR has gone this far. The fact that you can be one of the best cars the ENTIRE year and have one bad race and be knocked out is insane.

Continue to win races and you have nothing to worry about.

I didn't even realize that Brad had fallen that much in the standings. He's 19 points behind the cut off. Barring a miracle, he has to win this weekend. Same with Jr and Johnson

We've had chases without Keselowski and Jr, so I don't think that would be that big of a deal. There might be some hurt feelings from Jr fans considering he actually made it in then missed a cut as opposed to flat out missing. It's seeing the chase move forward without the 48 that has me curious.

Not seeing the 48 make it would actually entice me to watch the final races. And I say that as someone's who's preferred driver is in pretty much the same boat as JJ.

I'm not really a fan of how a fluke can knock out the points leader (Keselowski prior to the Kansas race) from 1st to 12th in points but those are the rules.

If it were a more popular driver, I'd imagine NASCAR would feel the same. I would not be shocked to see a "most races won" provision to be included next year.

I didn't even realize that Brad had fallen that much in the standings. He's 19 points behind the cut off. Barring a miracle, he has to win this weekend. Same with Jr and Johnson

It's funny .....a big wreck at Talladega was what I was most afraid of, now it may be the one thing that saves their bacon.

It's funny .....a big wreck at Talladega was what I was most afraid of, now it may be the one thing that saves their bacon.

They also have to avoid the big wreck too and with those guys racing agressively, chances are they could get caught up in it. I'm curious what the strategies of guys like Gordon, Kenseth, Newman, and Edwards are.

I don't mind it!! I have really liked this version of the Chase its finally a real playoff bringing it more like other sports.

Its like a HS Football team going 10-0 and getting knocked out in the first round or the March Madness a 1 or 2 seed going down in the first round to a NoNameU.

Its why I am looking forward to the new College Football Playoffs.

So what if you won 5 or 6 races during the spring & summer months if you can't compete during the playoff stretch then your out!

Last edited:
In this playoff system, you could be the last spot in at 16th, and have zero wins and win 1 race in each 3 race set to put you in the final 4 at homestead. That's bizarre.

***s wouldn't mind it either.

The 24 isn't hated like he used to be. Those idiots that booed him in the 90s have disappeared as they've realized what he's meant for the sport. Those that still boo him are only butthurt because he cost Dale more championships.

The guys receiving the boos now are the Kyles and Brads, but they're both damn good drivers.

The 24 isn't hated like he used to be. Those idiots that booed him in the 90s have disappeared as they've realized what he's meant for the sport. Those that still boo him are only butthurt because he cost Dale more championships.

The guys receiving the boos now are the Kyles and Brads, but they're both damn good drivers.

I knew I could get a rise out of somebody with my first comment.

This format has exactly zero integrity when it comes to ensuring that the championship goes to the best driver this season, but I'll have to admit, it's made the last few weeks a hell of a lot more exciting. Tomorrow has all the makings for one of the most intense races in a LONG time.

This format has exactly zero integrity when it comes to ensuring that the championship goes to the best driver this season, but I'll have to admit, it's made the last few weeks a hell of a lot more exciting. Tomorrow has all the makings for one of the most intense races in a LONG time.

Talladega tomorrow is going to be one big crapshoot and a cluster***

VN Store

Back