NASCAR Chase questions

TennFan

4 drivers get eliminated after the first 3 races.
1. Who will be the first 4 eliminated?

2. Who are your 4 picks to race for the Sprint Cup Championship at Homestead?

3. Can a driver in the Chase win the Championship and not win a race? If no, how many wins will it take to be the winner?

1. Dinger, Almirola, Biffle, and Kahne
2. Keselowski, Gordon, Harvick, Jr.
3 yes. Don't need a win. Wins don't count as bonuses (If I'm not mistaken)

Bold prediction: Talladega will be the most decisive race

Last edited:
1. Dinger, Almirola, Biffle, and Kahne
2. Keselowski, Gordon, Harvick, Jr.
3 yes. Don't need a win. Wins don't count as bonuses (If I'm not mistaken)

Bold prediction: Talladega will be the most decisive race

But it ultimately comes down to who has the best finish at Homestead, right. Couldn't a driver actually win the first nine races in The Chase, finish second to one of the other "final four" at Homestead and not win the Championship?

But it ultimately comes down to who has the best finish at Homestead, right. Couldn't a driver actually win the first nine races in The Chase, finish second to one of the other "final four" at Homestead and not win the Championship?

The odds of one driver winning the first 9 races are 1,000,000,000 to 1! The most any one driver has won was Jimmie Johnson -5. He had 2 DNF's in the first two races then won 5 of the last 6 with the lone winner of that single race being Jeff Gordon.:eek:k:

1. Allmendinger, Almirola, Biffle, Kurt
2. Jeff, Brad, Kevin, Jimmie (don't count out Logano)
3. It's possible. Kurt Busch won 1 race in regular season and didn't win in the Chase but still won the Championship based on his finishes.

The Chase will come down to Brad and Jeff. My bet is with the #24 team!

Last edited:

Yes it can happen. But my bold prediction is that Talladega will have the biggest implications going into Homestead. It will cost a driver or two a chance at the final 4.

Gordon has the highest seeding I believe. He can probably finish top 5 in all 9 races and easily make the final 4.

It could happen. It never will lol, but it could.

It could happen. It never will lol, but it could.

I wasn't really saying it could ever happen. I thought the original question was about how much wins count for in The Chase, and was just giving an outrageous example of how they don't count for much in the long run. All that matters for those top 4 guys is how they run at Homestead.

4 drivers get eliminated after the first 3 races.
1. Who will be the first 4 eliminated?

2. Who are your 4 picks to race for the Sprint Cup Championship at Homestead?

3. Can a driver in the Chase win the Championship and not win a race? If no, how many wins will it take to be the winner?

1. AJ Allmendinger, Aric Almirola, Biffle, and Kasey Kahne.

2. Harvic, BradK, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson

3. Yes, a driver can win with chase and not win a race by running top 5 every week. If this years format would have been used last year Dale Jr would have won it all and he did not win a race last year.

1. Newman, Almondinger, Almirola, Biffle

2. Jeff Gordon, Joey Logs, Harvick, Dale Jr.

I really want Jeff to take it, I have eyes on Logs though. Kid has impressed me.

Reactions: 1 person
1. Newman, Almondinger, Almirola, Biffle

2. Jeff Gordon, Joey Logs, Harvick, Dale Jr.

I really want Jeff to take it, I have eyes on Logs though. Kid has impressed me.

I once again mention that I have not taken my eye off of JLog.

Just a disastrous day for Hendrick today. JJ and Jr. pretty much have to win one of the next two races or hope they get help from elsewhere. Otherwise, they're done. Of course, Talladega could throw everyone for a loop.

Just a disastrous day for Hendrick today. JJ and Jr. pretty much have to win one of the next two races or hope they get help from elsewhere. Otherwise, they're done. Of course, Talladega could throw everyone for a loop.

Talladega will be decisive. But for JJ and Jr, they can't run in the back now. They'll have to
race up front.

Jimmie has to win at Charlote. His record at 'Dega is an average of 17.2. He has 2 wins, 6 top 5's and 10 top 10.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether NASCAR making Talladega an elimination race was brilliant or dumb beyond belief. That's going be an intense 500 miles for a lot of guys.

I'm not sure whether NASCAR making Talladega an elimination race was brilliant or dumb beyond belief. That's going be an intense 500 miles for a lot of guys.

Time will tell. But right now, I think it's brilliant. It's going to be tense.

VN Store

Back