Pick'Em Results - Darlington

SyxxSynse

You've made contact...
Congrats to Yankee Vol for taking the Darlington win and second of the season! Enjoy Easter Sunday next weekend and come back in two weeks for short track racing at Richmond!

1. Yankee Vol - 199
2. SyxxSynse - 198
3. Regulator - 193
4. gordonr24 - 189
5. terrypedigo - 189
6. bleedorange0037 - 188
7. thehardknoxlife - 185
8. badkarma - 184
9. 95 Vol Alum - 180
10. Aubie325 - 179
11. TennFan - 177
12. Burhead - 173
13. Rocky-Top 10EC - 172
14. tbwhhs - 172
15. TigersTalons - 171
16. MSUDuo - 170
17. jhen713 - 169
18. CagleMtnVol - 166
19. Nerd-Vol - 161
20. Cole4Aubie - 161
21. marydjackson - 161
22. MyBloodRunnethOrange - 159
23. Abe Hoffman - 155
24. Zetter - 150

Last edited:
Congrats to YankeeVol! Logano killed me. I came near picking Jimmie or Kevin and had Denny instead. Should have kept one of them. Oh well, still a top 10 but could have had 17-20 points more with Jimmie or Kevin! Great finsuhes for the #3 and #42 especially after Larson scraped the wall a few times. Everyone have a great Easter and remember why it's celebrated! Onto RIR and short track racing in 2 weeks!

My score is way off.

Jeff Gordon 7th 38pts
Joey Logano 35th 10pts
Kyle Busch 6th 38pts
Kyle Larson 8th 36pts
Austin Dillon 11th 33pts
Marcus Ambrose 14th 30pts

That's 185pts.

Also noticed Las Vegas score is wrong.

99 - Carl Edwards 5th 40pts
14 - Tony Stewart 33rd 11pts
31 - Ryan Newman 7th 37pts
9 - Marcos Ambrose 24th 20pts
21 - Trevor Bayne 20th 24pts
42 - Kyle Larson 19th 25pts

That's 157pts, it's marked as 155.

Total for the season should be 1337 - 149 = 1188

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know. I checked it out and updated the race results and overall standings accordingly.

Thanks for letting me know. I checked it out and updated the race results and overall standings accordingly.
Thanks. I also have a question. Are the groups going to be changed? I feel like a couple of drivers need to be switched around. My opinion is Logano to A, Dillon, Larson Allmendinger and Mears to B, and M.Truex to C. I think one could argue Dillon and Larson belong in the A group as well.

I'd say 95% of the C picks have been Dillon, Larson, Allmendinger, or Mears.

Last edited:
Thanks. I also have a question. Are the groups going to be changed? I feel like a couple of drivers need to be switched around. My opinion is Logano to A, Dillon, Larson Allmendinger and Mears to B, and M.Truex to C. I think one could argue Dillon and Larson belong in the A group as well.

I've changed up the groups the last couple of years at the halfway point of the season. I'm planning to do that again this year.

What has Dillon done to merit a bump up? Mears or Allmendinger either for that matter.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What has Dillon done to merit a bump up? Mears or Allmendinger either for that matter.
Dillon has been consistent, which is what makes a good driver, he's finished in the top 15 almost every race. He's 10th in the overall point standing. Do you really think he belongs in the same group with Patrick, Kvapil, Blaney, Yeley, Stremme, etc?

Allmendinger and Mears usually finish in the top 25. I'd say that they'd be considered mid pack drivers. They both usually get a few top 15 finishes every year. I think they both already have a few top 15's this year.

I think it's pretty evident of who the better drivers are and need a bump. When 95% of those 4 driver are being picked by everyone every week, I'd say that's pretty obvious.

EDIT
I added it up just for fun. Dillon, Larson, Allmendinger and Mears were picked 322 times. The other 20 or so drivers were picked 96 times(25 in the first race). That's 77%.

Last edited:
If Larson continues to be top 15 through half of the season, you might want to consider moving him to Group B.

IMO the rookie drivers should remain in the C group unless they come out of the gate challenging for wins and top 5 finishes. Let's see how they're doing at the midway point.

IMO the rookie drivers should remain in the C group unless they come out of the gate challenging for wins and top 5 finishes. Let's see how they're doing at the midway point.
Well, Larson has 2 top 5's already (2nd at Cali) and has only finished outside of the top 10 once this year. Dillon has only finished outside the top 15 once as well. They may slack off, who knows, but I can almost guarantee they won't slack off enough to be outperformed by the drivers in the C group. The B group needs more drivers in it anyway. If they remain in the C group, you, me, and everyone else will continue to pick them week in and week out. How many time times have you picked someone else other than the 4 drivers I said needed moved? I can see why you want them to stay.:p

Not to hijack the thread but it is nice to see a competitive ROTY battle again, we haven't had one in years. I'm really hoping Larson wins it.

Stenhouse got bumped up during his rookie year and I'd say there is a good chance that Larson and Dillon will too. As for the others, they became everyone's top picks last year after Stenhouse and Almirola got moved up. They were the best of what was left. If they get bumped up then everybody will figure out who the best of the leftovers is and they will become everyone's picks out of the C group. No matter what there is going to be 3-4 drivers out of that group that get picked consistently. That just seems to be the trend.

VN Store

Back