Jeff Gordon paint scheme at Texas Motor Speedway

TennFan

Paint_Scheme_Preview_Texas-e1b15278f28028faab2a060c0c475af3

Jeff Gordon will drive the No. 24 Axalta/Texas A&M School of Engineering Chevrolet

Paint_Scheme_Preview_Texas-e1b15278f28028faab2a060c0c475af3

Jeff Gordon will drive the No. 24 Axalta/Texas A&M School of Engineering Chevrolet

I wish UTK would sponsor a driver at Bristol. Sponsoring a driver at the August night race just a week before opening day of college football would be marketing gold.

The Texas A&M School of Engineering has recently double in size with an assist and need from FMC an international multibillion dollar gas and oil service company based in houston. They footed the bill for the expansion. I do not see their Logo. But it looks like the school is doing very well now.

That's pretty cool.

(Even though I hate Gordon)

There's not regulations against this?

I mean... I guess there isn't for billboards. This just seems odd. Advertising your school through another sport/league. Tennessee should sponsor a driver as well and also slap their logo on billboards in ball parks, basketball arenas, football stadiums, ufc cages, ufc fighters shorts and so on. Just put the orange everywhere if it's allowed.

I mean... I guess there isn't for billboards. This just seems odd. Advertising your school through another sport/league. Tennessee should sponsor a driver as well and also slap their logo on billboards in ball parks, basketball arenas, football stadiums, ufc cages, ufc fighters shorts and so on. Just put the orange everywhere if it's allowed.

1999%2Bsterling%2Bvols%2Bbusch.JPG

bayne6_t607.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

These sponsorships don't come cheap, and it's not as if UT's cup is just running over with cash at this point such that they should be pissing it away on a NASCAR advertising.

Good find Nerd. I thought for sure I remembered Sterling Marlin driving a UT car one year, but I had no recollection of the more recent one the the NWS.

Just fyi TOP, a quick google search seems to indicate that you'd be looking at 350-500k per race to sponsor a Cup team. I think we can easily agree those funds could be better spent elsewhere, for example paying Dooley off or finishing the Neyland Stadium renovation that ran out of money 1/3 of the way through the project.

Reactions: 1 person
MWR has regularly had one of there cars sport Alabama or Auburn schemes at Talladega when they won NC.

VN Store

Back