Nascar should stop the chase.

Yes and no. I can see an arguement for both sides

I don't like the Chase. The right guy probably won it this year, but a Championship shouldn't be decided in 10 races. Heck, I'm a Stewart fan and I'm glad he won it in 2011. That being said, he backed his way into the Chase with a wild card and got hot and won 5 of 10 races. Not so sure he deserved it.

I disagree, I think the Chase is even tougher. The ability to put together 10 perfect races is near impossible. One DNF or hell just one mediocre weekend and you are out. In the old days there was more of a safety net. I also love what the chase brings to the season. It makes winning a bit more important as it is your ticket to locking up a wild card spot. It makes the last 10 races before the chase super exciting as you get to wonder and speculate as to who is in, and the actual chase races are a BLAST!!!!! Even with a big gap going to Miami, there was REAL TENSION and EXCITEMENT! I nearly lost it in anger when smoke started to appear from Six Time's car. I think under the old format Six time locks these things up by Kansas and the last few weeks are meaningless. Sounds like a racing series wrapping up this week.

To each their own though. I can understand the Chase may not suit racing purists, but then again I want a good show, and in all honestly neither of my big 3 (F1, NASCAR, Indy) racing series are really that "pure".

Chase is fine. all it does is eliminate the ones who were already out of it for the casual fan.

There should be more points awarded for wins. I wouldn't mind if they randomized the tracks for the chase from year to year. Other than that, leave it be.

Chase is fine. all it does is eliminate the ones who were already out of it for the casual fan.

There should be more points awarded for wins. I wouldn't mind if they randomized the tracks for the chase from year to year. Other than that, leave it be.

I like the idea of making the tracks in the Chase random. We all know the talk of putting a road course in the Chase which I think is a good idea. It should show which drivers are more well rounded.

Under the old format he's more than a few short of a half dozen.

Not a JJ fan. Just sayin'.

UNOFFICIAL 2013 Sprint Cup Driver Championship Points Standings without Chase:
[after Homestead, race 36 of 36]
1) #48-Jimmie Johnson(X) [6 wins], 1248
2) #29-Kevin Harvick(X) [4 wins], 1207, -41
3) #20-Matt Kenseth(X) [7 wins], 1192, -56
4) #18-Kyle Busch(X) [4 wins], 1163, -85
5) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(X), 1144, -104
6) #99-Carl Edwards(X) [2 wins], 1118, -130
7) #15-Clint Bowyer(X), 1115, -133
8) #24-Jeff Gordon(X) [1 win], 1087, -161
9) #16-Greg Biffle(X) [1 win], 1077, -171
10) #22-Joey Logano(X) [1 win], 1071, -177
11) #78-Kurt Busch(X), 1071, -177
12) #2-Brad Keselowski [1 win], 1041, -207
13) #39-Ryan Newman(X)[1 win], 1027, -221
14) #5-Kasey Kahne(X) [2 wins], 1022, -226
15) #1-Jamie McMurray [1 win], 1007, -241
(X) = a Chase driver.
(11-17-2013)

Copied from jayski.com Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page

Throw in a track that isn't used anymore..Rockingham or North Wilk! No practice time, qualify and race on the same day!

There were two Chases where the eventual winner dominated the CHASE. One was Stewart with 5 wins and so did Jimmie one year. Between Jimmie and Jeff they won 7 of 10 raes in the Chase.
Even if a driver wins at least 2 races during the season and have at least 6 races in the top 10 they'll make the Chase.

I agree. And the NFL should cut out this girly "playoff" ****. Just award the Super Bowl rings to whatever team has the best reg. season record.

I have mixed feelings about the chase. NASCAR used to be my favorite sport to watch though, I even watched qualifying, the Busch races, everything. This season I watched the Daytona 500 and that was about it.

Instead of making the chase the final 10 races, have chase races scattered throughout the season with unique points scoring schemes all their own. Then, at the final race in Homestead, drivers are seeded according to their previous points totals from the other Chase events. You can exclude the start and parks unless they run in and complete the designated chase races.

The race winner is the overall champion. You can also award a regular season champ.

VN Store

Back