1418 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2013 Silly Season. within the forum Motorsports. From an article on Foxsports. 9. Speaking of silly season Several drivers names have cropped up in the rumor mill, ...

Go Back   VolNation > Sports Forums > Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hanging with Smokey

2013 Silly Season

From an article on Foxsports.

Quote:
9. Speaking of silly season

Several drivers names have cropped up in the rumor mill, including Ryan Newman, Joey Logano and Jeff Burton. Sources say Newman and Logano have been told they can test the market. Burton, however, still has another year on his contract, as does sponsor Caterpillar.
Please don't tell me that Stewart is gonna not resign Newman and keep Patrick and run her full time next year. I would rather see Vickers, Smith, or Ragan than Patrick.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fear The Fro

I think Stewart's plan was to try and run Patrick full time in 2013 whether he has Newman or not. I'd like to see Vickers get back in a decent ride. He's shown in his couple starts with MWR that he still knows how to wheel a race car. Ragan had his shot and then some when Roush gave him five years to produce and he didn't.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hanging with Smokey

I guess it's hard to turn down all the $$$ Patrick brings.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fear The Fro

Only reason she is going to Cup so early.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hanging with Smokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteMcGhee View Post
Only reason she is going to Cup at all.
fyp.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Some Where on Penny Lane

Biggest free agent is still Kurt Busch. That being said I really hope Regan Smith can finally get a decent ride some where. I believe he has the talent but he has done everything his current equipment allows him to do. That being said, his Furniture Row team is thinking about expanding to two cars and has talked to Kurt about the second team. They are also rumored to be one of the targets for Dodge.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give me 3 more!!!

I was telling someone this past week that I feel the Newman/SHR relationship will end after this season. I don't believe Danica will be in that second car, however.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Give me 3 more!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burhead View Post
Biggest free agent is still Kurt Busch. That being said I really hope Regan Smith can finally get a decent ride some where. I believe he has the talent but he has done everything his current equipment allows him to do. That being said, his Furniture Row team is thinking about expanding to two cars and has talked to Kurt about the second team. They are also rumored to be one of the targets for Dodge.
I don't see Kurt being in the market for many competitive rides. His best chance may be to take over the Home Depot ride, but that is doubtful, too.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Bring your Brain

I still would like to see the Busch brothers open a team and drive for Dodge. Somehow I find myself kinda rooting for Kurt now, maybe it is the underdog role. That would be the best move for Dodge if they want any chance at saying relevant in Cup. I agree, if Regan Smith got a shot with a bigger team he would be very competitive, he is an underappreciated driver.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hanging with Smokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coors40light View Post
I still would like to see the Busch brothers open a team and drive for Dodge. Somehow I find myself kinda rooting for Kurt now, maybe it is the underdog role. That would be the best move for Dodge if they want any chance at saying relevant in Cup. I agree, if Regan Smith got a shot with a bigger team he would be very competitive, he is an underappreciated driver.
I wouldn't say I have been pulling for him but I have been hoping he would run well. Not after the brain fart he had Saturday night though. The guy is a freaking mental case.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fear The Fro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan07 View Post
I was telling someone this past week that I feel the Newman/SHR relationship will end after this season. I don't believe Danica will be in that second car, however.
Apparently Stewart said he fully intends to field three cars next year. Danica will be in there somewhere.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Matthew 6:2

If the Busch brothers started their own Cup team it would be the best thing to happen to NASCAR in a decade.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hanging with Smokey

I wouldn't go that far, but it would def stir up some noise and grab peoples attention. Not sure it would be a good move for Kyle though. It will take a while to get his equipment as good as it is at JGR.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bring your Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhen713 View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but it would def stir up some noise and grab peoples attention. Not sure it would be a good move for Kyle though. It will take a while to get his equipment as good as it is at JGR.
Seemed to workout ok for Stewart.......granted his team is basically a Hendrick franchise. But i agree, especially if they switch to Dodge (which I am in favor of). There are a lot of obstacles to overcome. For one, who is going to build there engines once Penske moves on? Wonder if they can get ol’ Ernie Elliott to build engines for Dodge again.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fear The Fro

Depending on where he goes for motors next year, Penske may keep the engine shop open and continue to make Dodge engines.
Reply With Quote TOP