The Official Joe Gibbs Racing Team Thread

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Joe_Gibbs_Racing_logo.png

I started with Bobby Labonte back in the day. Always liked Smoke. Then Kyle. I'm partial to team Gibbs, but don‘t have a favorite...

Joe Gibbs is the man. 3 Super Bowls and 5 NASCAR Championships

Any other JGR fans?

Joe Gibbs Racing Statistics
Feb 16, 1992 thru present

Drivers' Championships:

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series:
2000, 2002, 2005, 2015, 2019

Xfinity Series: 2009, 2016, 2021, 2022

Wins: 208 (204 Nationwide)
Top 5's: 895
Top 10's: 1479
Poles: 148

GettyImages-653135-671x1024.jpg

tony-stewart-2002.jpg

1684079589360.jpeg
Bosch_KyBusch_2015-Champ_4x6.jpeg

MTZXEFBH516BP7.JPG

nascar-ns-homestead-2009-victory-lane-kyle-busch-celebrates-win-and-2009-nationwide-series.jpg

Daniel-Hemric-2021-NASCAR-Xfinity-Series-championship-trophy-celebration-Phoenix-NXS.jpg

ap_0f4bd088ee7a4a6cb92c3beca2aac8d9-e1667718763614.jpg

Last edited:
JGR has great resources, great owners, great drivers, and one of the best facilities I have visited. I'm not a fan of any of the drivers, though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Liked them when it was Tony and Bobby, absolutely hate the current drivers.

I have always been an admirer of Joe Gibbs, and was a Dale Jarrett and Bobby Labonte fan. While I give KB all the due for his talent, I don't pull for him. Hamlin about the same, and Logano could grow on me if he ever truly mans up.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I have always been an admirer of Joe Gibbs, and was a Dale Jarrett and Bobby Labonte fan. While I give KB all the due for his talent, I don't pull for him. Hamlin about the same, and Logano could grow on me if he ever truly mans up.

fellow DJ fan, aay?

Kyle seems to be a not so popular driver :)

Even more reason why I like him. People only hate when they're jealous :p

First I have no hatred for any driver, Kyle is too quick to blame others for his poor showings. The on track tantrum he threw last year was the epitome when his crew chief begged him to stop that they had worked too hard. Sometimes it appears he has matured a bit, but then he lapses back.

Last edited:
PeeWee drives me crazy, but he can drive! Too bad he has so many negatives; I just can't stand the kid-tantrum stuff. Always wondered how JG puts up with it (I mean, I do understand the color of money). I'd hate to watch as the entire grandstand at almost every race fills the track with garbage when he wins and know he was representing me. Joe Gibbs is better than that.

Oh, and I do want world peace.

PeeWee drives me crazy, but he can drive! Too bad he has so many negatives; I just can't stand the kid-tantrum stuff. Always wondered how JG puts up with it (I mean, I do understand the color of money). I'd hate to watch as the entire grandstand at almost every race fills the track with garbage when he wins and know he was representing me. Joe Gibbs is better than that.

Oh, and I do want world peace

Might as well hope for unanimity on VN on keeping Bruce Pearl.

Interesting why all these people would be jealous of a guy starting his 7th full season that hasn't won a Sprint Cup championship yet.

Interesting why all these people would be jealous of a guy starting his 7th full season that hasn't won a Sprint Cup championship yet.

Because he didn't bow down to the king of the rednecks, Fale Jr.

I started with Bobby Labonte back in the day. I'm a HUGE Tony Stewart fan (still follow him today). I'm partial to team Gibbs though, so now my favorite driver is Kyle Busch :rock: He's a cocky SOB, but boy can he drive

I'll pull for Hamlin and Logano too obviously. Joe Gibbs is the man. 3 Super Bowl titles and 3 NASCAR Championships

Any other JGR fans? Or fans of Kyle Busch?
Yes and yes! Huge Kyle Busch fan.

Because he didn't bow down to the king of the rednecks, Fale Jr.
Exactly. He was willing to point out the obvious that maybe the problem with Jr isn't the crew chief, but the driver, and the redneck nation can't stand it.

Kyle - 19 wins in 6 seasons
Jr. - 18 wins in 11 seasons (16 in first 6)
Stewart - 19 wins in first 6 seasons
Gordon - 42 wins in first 6 seasons
Johnson - 33 wins in first 6 seasons
Harvick - 10 wins in first 6 seasons
Kenseth - 10 wins in first 6 seasons
Kahne - 9 wins in first 6 seasons

Not too bad of a start

Kyle has ran really well at Bristol. His past 5 BMS starts: 3 wins, 1 second-place finish, 1,144 laps led.

KB fan here! 5 in a row at Bristol. I think we have a new king of Bristol!!

That is counting Nationwide and Truck wins, only two consecutive Sprint Cup wins. His pit crew got him the lead on that last stop. Impressive run nevertheless.

VN Store

Back