Tampa Rays Thread

wounded mullet

Yes ,... the Rays i grew up a Braves fan and moved to Tampa and this team grew on me and here i am, A proud Rays fan. Dount theres many more out there but after what happened last year and the amount of steroids we have to go against this year all the support would be sweet. Tropicana isnt as bad as people say, honestly the best tailgating baseballwise is at the Trop. Anyways get out you're cowbells LETS GO RAYS!!!!!!

So this thread looks like what the Trop usually looked like in late June last year. I might be the only Ray fan in VN, i can accept this responsibility. granted i don't really get why the Red Sox and Yankees are so popular in Tennessee unless its just the usual front runners because i got to sit in the Trop for the past 6 years and got to know the REAL Yanks and Sox fan (as in people who were transplants from Boston and New York) and they honestly make Bammer fans look civilized. Oh well time to gear up, GO RAYS!

Yes ,... the Rays i grew up a Braves fan and moved to Tampa and this team grew on me and here i am, A proud Rays fan. Dount theres many more out there but after what happened last year and the amount of steroids we have to go against this year all the support would be sweet. Tropicana isnt as bad as people say, honestly the best tailgating baseballwise is at the Trop. Anyways get out you're cowbells LETS GO RAYS!!!!!!

come back to the light:)

Tropicana is a nice place to tailgate. I was there last July for Rays v. Blue Jays when Longoria hit a grand slam off of Halladay.

Tropicana is a nice place to tailgate. I was there last July for Rays v. Blue Jays when Longoria hit a grand slam off of Halladay.

Honestly i think thats what started my love of the Rays was the drunken tailgating, we would tailgate for 2 hours before the game then forget they were playing until the second inning or so. Free parking and 9 dollar tickets, can't beat it. As much as i want to see us get a new stadium there's something that's trailer park fab about the Trop .

mlb_a_rays-banner01_300.jpg

Watching that go up and then pounding the Yankees by 10 runs. All that was missing was a Hogan leg drop to Jeter.

Aww that one pennant is soooo cute!

10 years of existence and a small payroll that isn't too bad. Of course you can root for that team that throws money away on roided out choke artist who dates ugly hookers, and im not talking about Rodger Clemens..

10 years of existence and a small payroll that isn't too bad. Of course you can root for that team that throws money away on roided out choke artist who dates ugly hookers, and im not talking about Rodger Clemens..

That hit a nerve didn't it?

Also.. I bet Yankees fans envy the days when they won with their homegrown, boatloads of talent. But hey... you can still watch the Rays do it?!?

i'm not a Rays fan, but Yankee fans can quit parading around with so much pride when they haven't done anything of worth in quite some time. I know it is early in the season.. so best of luck to all. Put ole Swisher in the rotation haha.

That hit a nerve didn't it?

Also.. I bet Yankees fans envy the days when they won with their homegrown, boatloads of talent. But hey... you can still watch the Rays do it?!?

i'm not a Rays fan, but Yankee fans can quit parading around with so much pride when they haven't done anything of worth in quite some time. I know it is early in the season.. so best of luck to all. Put ole Swisher in the rotation haha.

Seriously i do love the sense of entitlement with most Yankee fans considering the tools they have at their disposal to produce a championship team, i guess chemistry, good defense and playing with passion are a little more important that most thought before.

All this Yankee talk though Red Sox fans are 100 times worse. Im mainly talking about real Red Sox and Yankee fans, that grew up in the area, experianced it live and felt the passion of a city ignite during a playoff run.

Now the poser fans they are a whole other story, you know the ones that leech on because they see them on national TV when they are a kid, its the cool bandwagon "Americas team" of the moment. Yeah they might have traveled a few times to see them play but you have to live in the trenches for a period of time to be a true fan, to root for the city as well as the team.

Not that im bias or anything but if the season ended today i think you have to give the MVP to Evan..

yet we are still two games under .500

VN Store

Back