Official Detroit Tigers thread

TennVols423

FOREVER a VOL!
Well im probably the only tiger fan here so their prob. wont be much activity. But I thought I would start one anyway. We definatly are going to be one of the teams to beat this year in a tough AL.

A lot will depend on 2-5 in their rotation. They're going to score a ton of runs, but if they can get quality pitching from Bonderman, Willis, and Rogers they will be a force.

I have a casual interest in the Tigers, my dad being from Michigan and a lifelong fan.

I wish the Red Sox thread could get a productive post like the one pricevol gave you. I get those who are either jealous of the Sox success, or just hate all things north of the Ohio River.

A lot will depend on 2-5 in their rotation. They're going to score a ton of runs, but if they can get quality pitching from Bonderman, Willis, and Rogers they will be a force.

I hope Willis will be a stud this year,Bonderman is going to be Bonderman and Rogers could be 50/50, I am hoping one of our youngsters will shine, I am curious to see how Porcello pans out. Our bullpen is what I am most worried about, is Rodney going to shine this year or flop? Is Zumaya going to recover properly and be able to come back and throw the heat? and will Jones be efficient in late ball games to win it? Its going to be an interesting season

I have a casual interest in the Tigers, my dad being from Michigan and a lifelong fan.

I wish the Red Sox thread could get a productive post like the one pricevol gave you. I get those who are either jealous of the Sox success, or just hate all things north of the Ohio River.

Thank you for a positive post on this thread. To tell you thee truth its not hard to hate teams like the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. So I am sure you have lots of hatters. But you guys definalty have one of the teams to beat in the AL (AS ALWAYS) I am actually going to a Tigers vs. Red Sox game in May. Best of luck to your team.

My wife was born in and lived in Michigan nearly 15 years. Her family spent a lot of time at Tiger Stadium. I have always lived in Tennessee, but as a child followed the Tigers (ironically). I use to go to Atlanta as a teen with her brother, and watch the LIons and Falcons do battle:))). She has a first cousin in Michigan thats a AD at a private high school that has been nationally ranked in football. I can say this much about him, he came to visit here and he knew Gerry Denardo, formerly the Vanderbilt coach, stopped by at his practice,and knew him on a first name basis. He also recently had a player go to Michigan a while back, and I think Kentucky is recruiting one his guys now.

Thank you for a positive post on this thread. To tell you thee truth its not hard to hate teams like the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. So I am sure you have lots of hatters. But you guys definalty have one of the teams to beat in the AL (AS ALWAYS) I am actually going to a Tigers vs. Red Sox game in May. Best of luck to your team.

I'm glad that things are coming around in Detroit, Ilitch and Dombrowski have done a great job or bringing the club back to the forefront, the offseason moves were great, Willis should be resurgent at Comerica, the park should work to his advantage.

All I have to say right now is WOW, I mean I would have never guessed we would start off 0-6. Lets hope we can pull out of this slump.

i'm a white sox fan and even though your record doesn't show how good you should be, the team still scares the crap out of me, well except the bullpen. offense is scary still.

The Tigers are doing their very best impression of the Yankees. That is, spending a TON of money in hopes of purchasing a World Series ring.

*Cough*

TEAM W L % GB
Kansas City 8 5 .615 -
Chicago 7 5 .583 0.5
Minnesota 6 7 .462 2.0
Cleveland 5 8 .385 3.0
Detroit 3 10 .231 5.0

since the sox offense is tanking horribly, its yours for the taking as well as the indians

Well im probably the only tiger fan here so their prob. wont be much activity. But I thought I would start one anyway. We definatly are going to be one of the teams to beat this year in a tough AL.

Detroit Tigers Fan #2 has entered the building, I know it took a few years but better late than never, right?

GO TIGERS!!!!
WIN IT ALL IN 2012

Although the Braves are first, my family is a generation of Tiger fans and they are my AL team.

The city of Detroit needed this.

Although the Braves are first, my family is a generation of Tiger fans and they are my AL team.

Sounds like we have 3 Tiger fan here in Volnation.

Sounds like we have 3 Tiger fan here in Volnation.

I've seen a couple more too.

Great night for Detroit. Really happy with the performance. The starting pitching has been great. Dombrowski keeps hitting on moves.

I think they get the Cards/Giants

I was born in a quaint little place just a short stretch up the road.. Flint. So I have always rooted for the Tigers second behind my beloved Braves. Was fortunate enough to go to Tiger Stadium before it was ruthlessly tore down.

I was born in a quaint little place just a short stretch up the road.. Flint. So I have always rooted for the Tigers second behind my beloved Braves. Was fortunate enough to go to Tiger Stadium before it was ruthlessly tore down.

I was born in the quaint little place of Flint as well, but we ended up in Knoxvile before I turned 3. Would have loved to have made it to old Tiger Stadium.

Congrats to the Tigers -- I just hope the fans (?) dont destroy the city any worse than it is when they win the WS

VN Store

Back