The Mets....

tdtnvols2004

Touchdown Tennessee
.. have just imploded with their playoff hope going down the drain. Glavine gave up 7 runs in the first inning before being pulled. Their only shot is if they come back or Philly blows it.

Mets lost, Phillies Won

Way to go Mets, Nice choke job at the end of the season to miss the playoffs.

I think I'd actually rather see the implosion of the mets than seeing the braves go to the playoffs. Mostly bc the braves would blow it in the NLDS

I think I'd actually rather see the implosion of the mets than seeing the braves go to the playoffs. Mostly bc the braves would blow it in the NLDS

I said the exact same thing to somebody earlier today, and I at least halfway meant it. The Mets' collapse has been delicious.

Steven Matz drove in four runs, the most ever by a pitcher in a debut in major league history. It also was the most RBIs by a Met -- pitcher or position player -- in a major league debut in franchise history.

Bobby Bonilla's last day playing in a Mets uniform was 5,735 days ago. Today, the Mets will pay him $1.19M

You're more than welcome to set up shop in 3rd place in the NL East. You'll be there for quite some time, as long as you can hold off Miami

Your Offense is ass and you have no chance in hell to re-sign Harvey when that time comes... Will.Always.Suck.

Last edited:
CI2HLosWoAAMbF9.jpg

The Mets may or may not have traded for Carlos Gomez

The word at the moment is that everything was in place, but late in the process we backed out because of something to do with an early injury to Gomez. His atrocious WAR compared to previous years makes me not too mad that we didn't give up a middle-of-the-rotation Wheeler. Next year, when Lagares' elbow is healthy, Gomez wouldn't even be the best center fielder on our team.

All in all, I was angry when I heard that the trade was happening. Now that I hear that it's not happening, I'm happy. And now that I can see some in-depth info (like Gomez' WAR and his nagging injury), I'm even happier that we made like Barney Stinson and pulled out at the last second

Wheeler can be a #2 pitcher. I like Wheeler more than Gomez.

The crazy thing is that Wheeler is a front-end guy (most likely #2) to most teams. But when post-ASG '16 comes around, he is likely to not be ahead of deGrom and Harvey. He's really battling Syndergaard and Matz for #3. And I frankly don't know if he'll be ahead of either of them. So keeping Wheeler in the fold could theoretically give us #2-or-better starters from top to bottom. That's a rotation for the ages, theoretically.

Oh, and once Wheeler is back, the only starter in the rotation without a medically-reconstructed elbow is Syndergaard. So they should all be set for a good long while.

The Mets are building a strong rotation, thats for sure.

I will say that I'm amazingly biased re: Zack Wheeler. I drove down to Atlanta for his first big league game, which was also MLB game since the early 2000s. So I definitely have more of a connection to him than any other Met.

VN Store

Back