Official Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
Went to opening Spring Training Day today in Pt. Charlotte and in typical Rays fashion it was rather uninspiring. The Rays got the win as well as their SS game against the Orioles in Sarasota....so 194-0 is still on the table...I guess.

I'll be at LECOM Park tomorrow for the Pirates opener in Bradenton...but that's another thread.

I'm going to the Rays-Red Sox game in St. Petersburg tonight.

David Price vs. Chris Archer. Crowd should be decent for this game.
Archer is 3-3 with 5.01 ERA (up from 4.07 last year) and last pitched against the Red Sox on Opening Day, lasting six innings and giving up four runs on six hits in what ended up a Rays win.

Price (4-4, 4.38) had a 3.38 ERA last year, though he's now coming off his best outing of the season, a complete-game gem, allowing only five hits and two earned runs, striking out eight and walking none against the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday.

Last edited:
I'm going to the Rays-Red Sox game tonight.

David Price vs. Chris Archer. Crowd should be decent for this game.

Fantastic! Hope it's a good one. Sounds like a great pitching matchup.

I watched Price pitch in Tampa a few years ago. Well, it seems like a few years anyway. lol. I supposed it had to be at least 5+ years ago.

Fantastic! Hope it's a good one. Sounds like a great pitching matchup.

I watched Price pitch in Tampa a few years ago. Well, it seems like a few years anyway. lol. I supposed it had to be at least 5+ years ago.

He can be completely dominating or really bad. Jeckyl & Hyde type pitcher.
I scored some great seats. I imagine there will be a big Red Sox crowd at the game. I am more of a Yankee fan but get to a few Rays games every year. I was there for a Braves game a couple of weeks ago and it seemed as if there were as many Braves fans as Rays fans.

He can be completely dominating or really bad. Jeckyl & Hyde type pitcher.
I scored some great seats. I imagine there will be a big Red Sox crowd at the game. I am more of a Yankee fan but get to a few Rays games every year. I was there for a Braves game a couple of weeks ago and it seemed as if there were as many Braves fans as Rays fans.

Braves and Red Sox probably have more fans at away games that a lot of other teams, I'd imagine.

Bump for being a Rays. Although the echos in here will likely be the same as the Trop on a Tuesday night.

Really excited for this team & this season. Looks like Snellzilla has bounced back after opening day. 1 hit, 0 bb, 11 ks thru 5. 😱

Bump for being a Rays. Although the echos in here will likely be the same as the Trop on a Tuesday night.

Really excited for this team & this season. Looks like Snellzilla has bounced back after opening day. 1 hit, 0 bb, 11 ks thru 5. 😱

I’m in Tampa and try to get to about 6-8 games. Grew up a Yankee fan but I’m a Rays fan also.

I’m in Tampa and try to get to about 6-8 games. Grew up a Yankee fan but I’m a Rays fan also.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 508mikey

It was nice to see the Trop. fullish for the Boston series, results stunk. Here's to payback starting tonight in Bean Town. Also, for anyone who served in the military, first responder, or teacher can use salute to service and get 2 free tix to certain Monday or Tuesday games.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Can the Rays get a break with a catcher?Benboom gets first hit and rbi in a 1-0 game and then in same game hurts knee to go on th IL.

Werent the Rays supposed to be getting a new outdoor stadium or did it fall through ? I wonder how well they would draw in NC if they were to move there

The Rays attempt to use the media to gather steam to build a stadium in Ybor City fell right on its face. That was a sham from the get-go. Not sure what the future plans are, but splitting time with Montreal isn't happening.

Anyway, a new kid, McKay, made his debut today and tore it up. 6 innings pitched and 1 hit given up.

Going to the game tomorrow. Will be at Ferg's at 11:45...

The Rays attempt to use the media to gather steam to build a stadium in Ybor City fell right on its face. That was a sham from the get-go. Not sure what the future plans are, but splitting time with Montreal isn't happening.

Anyway, a new kid, McKay, made his debut today and tore it up. 6 innings pitched and 1 hit given up.

Going to the game tomorrow. Will be at Ferg's at 11:45...
Ferg’s is my go to place for a meal before a game.
How many games do you get to go to per season?

Last edited:
Try Datz, Pour drafthouse or Engine #9. Really good food at both places. Datz is a little far but if there a little earlier, it's definitely worth the 10 minute walk to the stadium.

Last edited:
McKay was fun to watch yesterday. Kid was not phased one bit by his first start in the show. Though he was bouncing pitches off the turf warming up. What was most impressive was his pitches per inning for the first 5 innings. Very efficient and the defense thanked him with some plays. Adames play up the middle comes to mind. Him losing his perfect game is on me as wife made me go refill coke and I didn't make it back to seat in time for start of the 6th. Cash thanked me though, as he didn't have to pull a pitcher with a perfect going from the game.

How many games do you get to go to pet season?

I bought 2 flex passes when they went on sale back in the Spring and I've bought 2 more. I've been to about 7 games this season.

Try Datz, Pour drafthouse or Engine #9. Really good food at both places. Datz is a little far but if there a little earlier, it's definitely worth the 10 minute walk to the stadium.

I'll have to try it....I also want to go Dr. BBQ's new restaurant across from the Trop.

McKay was fun to watch yesterday. Kid was not phased one bit by his first start in the show. Though he was bouncing pitches off the turf warming up. What was most impressive was his pitches per inning for the first 5 innings. Very efficient and the defense thanked him with some plays. Adames play up the middle comes to mind. Him losing his perfect game is on me as wife made me go refill coke and I didn't make it back to seat in time for start of the 6th. Cash thanked me though, as he didn't have to pull a pitcher with a perfect going from the game.

I'll take 1/2 credit for it, as well....my wife turned off the TV as I was getting ready to go to dinner. I was PO'd!

Reactions: tntar heel
We are going to hit up Dr. Bbq on Wed. We'll be at games Monday through Thursday so we took today off. We also like to order Publix subs and take them into the game. Wife just told me Bbq was voted one of best new restaurants in St Pete.

How many games do you get to go to pet season?
So far this year we've been to 21 games per the MLB APP and we'll have 5 more prior to all star break. We go to a lot of games with free tix either through Salute to service or through banker at work. We have 4 games left on our 2 flex packs we bought to begin season.

VN Store

Back