Daily Fantasy Baseball sites

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Looking to play some of the daily fantasy games this year. Someone give me the lowdown on what sites are out there, and which are the best?

Anyone making any money with these sites like Fan Duel?

Anyone have any strategies they'd like to share?

I do pretty well on fan duel baseball

Well enough to lose it back in (some) basketball and (mostly) football

I do pretty well on fan duel baseball

Well enough to lose it back in (some) basketball and (mostly) football

Any tips for a noob? Do you have any particular stats you look at?

Also, why do you like Fan Duel over Draft Kings? Any particular reason?

Football is the most played, and hardest to me as a casual player. I make a lil on basketball and baseball, but I don't really invest much time/money into it. I would say start out in the 50/50 and double up contests, and don't do the huge multi-entry contest with small chances to cash.

There are a few accounts on Twitter where you can find lineups posted 3-4 hours before the games and go from there. Free info is everywhere as far as daily matchups and trends, so I usually glance around, then form my own opinion and make my picks. I would recommend reserving entry's with a lineup early in the day, then adjusting after lineups come out, or late changes before lock.

Any tips for a noob? Do you have any particular stats you look at?

Also, why do you like Fan Duel over Draft Kings? Any particular reason?

No reason on FD vs DK. I played FD first and never had any problems with it and am comfortable with it. DK has different values and different scoring I believe so I've always just stuck with FD

For pitchers - I chase Ws and Ks. Find heavy favorites, pay attention to ballpark (no Coors)

Hitters - stack (multiple guys from one team) against bad pitchers, again pay attention to ballpark and over/under for game. All things (and I mean all) equal I lean towards visiting player due to chance at an extra AB in top 9. I typically avoid lefty on lefty for hitters. There are some RH platoon options who crush lefties that can be had for cheap

Anyone playing today? I played yesterday. Had a nice game from Archer and Longoria but not so hot from the rest of the team

I play NBA on both sites and Draft (very different setup but pretty cool) mostly stick on DK though as I do a lot better on there. In the negative on FD, up a few K on DK for the year.

Playing baseball for the first time this year. Played yesterday and Tanaka killed me, also realized I don't know many baseball players. Lol

Rotogrinders is a good site for information. Discussion, blogs, videos, lineup optimizer etc.

Was hoping you'd chime in.

Any specific strategies you use in NBA?

I have a lot of research I do, lots of numbers. I have notebooks of data. Lol A good starting point is check vegas spreads, I target high o/u and close spread games, high pace. Target guys that contribute in multiple areas, I try and stay away from scoring dependent guys. Check DVP for the season and last 10 games. This late in the year target teams they are fighting for a playoff birth or positioning, and have something to play for. Most importantly pay attention to guys getting scratched and look for value replacing them. Example,yesterday's early slate Black got scratched so I got Nance, and Manu and Green was out so I grabbed Kyle Anderson. Scored 347.25 second in the 1k zone and 132nd in the 75k 4 point play.

Oh ×5 is a good baseline too start. And target single entry games, money is less but a lot easier to win. Beating 3,200 lineups vs 347,000 lineups.

Now tell me how to not suck at baseball. Got a late lineup, help would be nice. Lol

IDK why but I'm so much worse on FD, I'll score 30 less points with an extra player.

Broke even basically with Duffy not getting win

Duffy
Grandal
Moss
Forsythe
Donaldson
Story
Cespedes
Saunders
Bryce

Wasn't paying attention and all my positional players were Rangers and Indians, on the late slate. Tripled my money so I'll take it.

Ooops an inning left lol

Last edited:
I've won a little on basketball but my first baseball attempt was bad. Like 120. lol.

It's definitely frustrating starting out, but you'll get the hang of it

Tonight I'm not doing as well but have a chance to double my money

Missed my doubleup on FD by 1.2 and 1.9 on DK lol Finished 3rd in a smaller NBA tourney for $120, 34th and 56th in another and hit my doubleups in 3 of 4 lineups. So pretty profitable night overall. ****ing baseball though.

VN Store

Back