Best World Series Ever?

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Do you think the 2016 Cubs-Indians World Series will be considered the greatest series of all time?

Was it the best game 7 ever?

Do you have any other match ups that should top the list or you enjoyed more?

Not sure if it would even make a list of top 5 Greatest of all time but for me the 1986 Mets-Red Sox with the "It gets through Buckner!" is my favorite.

It is to me, but I'm biased.

I can see it being put up there in the greatest consideration. It's pretty subjective though, and gets even muddier when you factor in greatest moments. Like the LA/Oakland 1988 Series itself wasn't that great overall but the Gibson homer is one of the best WS moments ever.

Reactions: 1 person
69 and 86 Mets also the 77 and 78 Yankees although I like this years series, but Cleveland seemed like a boring team and Joe Buck is a boring announcer

69 and 86 Mets also the 77 and 78 Yankees although I like this years series, but Cleveland seemed like a boring team and Joe Buck is a boring announcer

The wild pitch and Buckner play sequence that closed game 6 of the 86 World Series is one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

As for best World Series let's not forget:
1997 Florida-Cleveland
2001 Arizona-New York
2011 Texas-St. Louis
1975 Cincinnati-Boston

But I agree that the '91 series was the best. Three extra innings games, plus two other 1 run games.

Reactions: 2 people
As for best World Series let's not forget:
1997 Florida-Cleveland
2001 Arizona-New York
2011 Texas-St. Louis
1975 Cincinnati-Boston

But I agree that the '91 series was the best. Three extra innings games, plus two other 1 run games.

I forgot about the Big Red Machine, loved watching that series.

Thank God I was only three and have no memory of seeing it live.

My sister who lives in Boston was at a party and she said they were already celebrating the win, they were about to run down Commonwealth Avenue and boom, it was so devastating and shocking.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujwjqIldwU[/youtube]

Notice how Scully doesn't say a word for several minutes after the hit, there was nothing you really could say.

It is to me, but I'm biased.

I can see it being put up there in the greatest consideration. It's pretty subjective though, and gets even muddier when you factor in greatest moments. Like the LA/Oakland 1988 Series itself wasn't that great overall but the Gibson homer is one of the best WS moments ever.

High fly ball into right field, she i-i-i-is... GONE!!!

In a year that has been so improbable... the impossible has happened!

It almost seems like the 2004 American League Championship Series between the Red Sox and the Yankees should be up there in the discussion for the greatest of all time.

It almost seems like the 2004 American League Championship Series between the Red Sox and the Yankees should be up there in the discussion for the greatest of all time.

That one game playoff in 78 was the culmination of the probably the greatest division comeback ever -- I remember skipping school to watch that game

My sister who lives in Boston was at a party and she said they were already celebrating the win, they were about to run down Commonwealth Avenue and boom, it was so devastating and shocking.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujwjqIldwU[/youtube]

Notice how Scully doesn't say a word for several minutes after the hit, there was nothing you really could say.

Loved it -- doesnt seem like 30 years ago

VN Store

Back