Chase Utley just...

I sincerely hope that Chase Utley gets a freak injury that forces him from the game of baseball forever.

Reactions: 1 person
If Chase Utley doesn't start Monday night, I want Harvey throwing at Adrian Gonzalez in the dirtiest way he possibly can.

I sincerely hope that Chase Utley gets a freak injury that forces him from the game of baseball forever.

Man, that's complete bulls**t. Admittedly, I'm a Dodgers fan (and was at the game) but while I agree it was a late slide and probably should have been called, I know very well that Utley went into it with the single purpose of breaking up a double play, not trying to hurt anyone. I agree he overdid it and it sucks someone got hurt badly. We've all made similar slides with varying degrees of stretching the boundaries but you're never thinking of causing substantial harm to the SS/2Bman. Again, it sucks Tejada got hurt, especially when Utley was stretching the limits, but it is a very common baseball play. To wish an injury on Utley is just sh***y.

I don't understand why this BS is tolerated in any way shape or form. The players union needs to ask for a rule change. It's ridiculous. You should get tossed just like a pitcher does for intentionally hitting someone. The Josh Donaldson slide from the other night was just as bad.

This is a regular thing and it makes no sense.

Man, that's complete bulls**t. Admittedly, I'm a Dodgers fan (and was at the game) but while I agree it was a late slide and probably should have been called, I know very well that Utley went into it with the single purpose of breaking up a double play, not trying to hurt anyone. I agree he overdid it and it sucks someone got hurt badly. We've all made similar slides with varying degrees of stretching the boundaries but you're never thinking of causing substantial harm to the SS/2Bman. Again, it sucks Tejada got hurt, especially when Utley was stretching the limits, but it is a very common baseball play. To wish an injury on Utley is just sh***y.

Utley has always been a dirty player. There's video of him being a dirty player on more egregious plays earlier this season in breaking up double plays. He gets a pass every time. He should no longer be in the game, and since the MLB isn't going to put a stop to his atrocious lack of sportsmanship, God should interfere and end his playing days. Utley could have slid 3 steps earlier and broken up the double play. Instead, he blindsided Tejada incredibly late. If Derek Jeter was the one getting his leg broken, ESPN's front page is Jeter with his leg in a cast and the term "dirty" tagged to Utley. If it's Jeter, Utley is ruled out and they call the batter out as well on interference because they'd believe that Jeter could have gotten off a throw. That inning should have ended with a 2-1 lead for the Mets and no injuries.

I don't understand why this BS is tolerated in any way shape or form. The players union needs to ask for a rule change. It's ridiculous. You should get tossed just like a pitcher does for intentionally hitting someone. The Josh Donaldson slide from the other night was just as bad.

This is a regular thing and it makes no sense.

They changed it to protect catchers - need the same for middle infielders that crap is from the early 1900s

Utley has always been a dirty player. There's video of him being a dirty player on more egregious plays earlier this season in breaking up double plays. He gets a pass every time. He should no longer be in the game, and since the MLB isn't going to put a stop to his atrocious lack of sportsmanship, God should interfere and end his playing days. Utley could have slid 3 steps earlier and broken up the double play. Instead, he blindsided Tejada incredibly late. If Derek Jeter was the one getting his leg broken, ESPN's front page is Jeter with his leg in a cast and the term "dirty" tagged to Utley. If it's Jeter, Utley is ruled out and they call the batter out as well on interference because they'd believe that Jeter could have gotten off a throw. That inning should have ended with a 2-1 lead for the Mets and no injuries.

Honestly, I haven't followed Utley closely enough over the years to gauge his dirty factor. But what I saw was a very common baseball play that overstepped the rules and a guy got hurt. And that part sucks.

But here's my thing: I made that same slide a jillion times and sometimes stretched the limit of legal slide, to varying degrees. But in the very worst slides I ever made, not once EVER did I give even a split second of thought to hurting the guy. Never. All I ever thought of when I was running to second knowing I was out dead to rights was NO DOUBLE PLAY, NO DOUBLE PLAY, NO DOUBLE PLAY. It happens fast and I just think Utley was running bases a bit over-aggressively, not aiming for injury.

As a Braves fan I can attest that Utley has always slid dirty to break up double plays. Nothing new from him.

I doubt Utley meant to injure him but he meant to take him out

It was a dirty play, which is what Utley has always done. He's a piece of s***. You're rooting for a piece of s***. Congratulations.

Honestly, I haven't followed Utley closely enough over the years to gauge his dirty factor. But what I saw was a very common baseball play that overstepped the rules and a guy got hurt. And that part sucks.

But here's my thing: I made that same slide a jillion times and sometimes stretched the limit of legal slide, to varying degrees. But in the very worst slides I ever made, not once EVER did I give even a split second of thought to hurting the guy. Never. All I ever thought of when I was running to second knowing I was out dead to rights was NO DOUBLE PLAY, NO DOUBLE PLAY, NO DOUBLE PLAY. It happens fast and I just think Utley was running bases a bit over-aggressively, not aiming for injury.

I did too but I always made sure to get a piece of the bag AND to never get my legs above a guys knees. Utley made no attempt at the bag. He went to take him out.

VN Store

Back